PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finals - May 25 and 26 (All Mediocre Things Must Come To An End)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Cyn
05-26-2010, 01:43 AM
As far as coronation crap, the song itself isn't as bad as previous years. I hope that they didn't sabotage Crystal with a total POS by comparison.

Judges:

Randy: Started interesting due to walking, but in the middle he got his groove back. "Good On You."

Ellen: Asks how he feels. Watching the process blah blah blah, you were fully present for this song and she's proud of him.

Kara: You got swallowed up a bit in that song, good and bad parts. More growth BS, deserve to be in the finals.

Simon: Felt more effort this time, this is what this comp is designed for - giving a person a break, wishes the best for him.

Those reviews were.......interesting. They almost sounded like they were eulogizing him.

kylet3
Murst Commercial voice? I like Lee and he generally seems like a nice guy but he just hasn't done what he has to in order to knock it out the park and win it. I think he will have some success, but tonight... he is just not the American Idol

shallwedansu
It's interesting that the judges are actually de-pimping Lee at the finale....

I guess Crystal was TCO all along....maybe Slezak's conspiracy theory on Idolatry is correct.

Or maybe they don't want to look like idiots saying that the emperor has clothes when he clearly does not?
:respec: I couldn't agree more, Allskate!

Cyn
05-26-2010, 01:47 AM
I will be quite glad when SATC2 is finally released as I'm damned sick and tired of the eleventy billion ads that seem to run at every commercial break on every channel.

kylet3
05-26-2010, 01:50 AM
Crystal has won it in the first few verses of the song... She has just destroyed Lee tonight, she deserves to win quite easily after tonight. If she doesn't win I'll be shocked. I plan to buy both albums as I really like both but Crystal is BY FAR the more superior performer and she should win this sucker.

slicekw
05-26-2010, 01:51 AM
No Simon next season.
This season's general ho-huminess.
This bizarrely lopsided finale.

If Lee wins, they're going to see way too many of us jump ship.
That was a coronation song performed by a deserving contestant.

soxxy
No contest between Crystal and Lee. I have no idea what she sang, but her voice and performance ability are miles ahead of his.

Fridge_Break
Crystal just won the competition with that. She just made a crap song sound phenomenal.

rfisher
05-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Even the crowd is bored this year. They must not have paid them much.

AshleyN
05-26-2010, 01:53 AM
Crystal...wow. That gave me goosebumps.

This was a blowout.

soxxy
Crystal, you should have told Simon that after the critique.

rjblue
I loved this song when Kelly Clarkson sang it on Idol Gives Back, and I really enjoyed Crystal's take on it too.

So I really have to go download some other Patty Griffin stuff.

Allskate
05-26-2010, 01:54 AM
I'm so tired of this myth that Lee has grown so much this season. He hasn't. That's part of the problem. He still has problems with phrasing, pitch, and stage presence. And, unlike more recent Idols, he hasn't shown an aptitude for arranging songs.

Allskate
05-26-2010, 01:55 AM
I loved this song when Kelly Clarkson sang it on Idol Gives Back, and I really enjoyed Crystal's take on it too.

So I really have to go download some other Patty Griffin stuff.

Start with Griffin's "Heavenly Day." It's very different from this song, but just beautiful.

Cyn
05-26-2010, 01:55 AM
Up To The Mountain

Singing her heart out on this one as well....she also has the chorus adding on, but they don't seem to be anywhere as blatant or intrusive as they have on other performances throughout the season.

This song is wayyyyy mellow and very different from Lee's song, but I'm enjoying it a hell of a lot more. It has a nice fusion of country/folk, with a hint of gospel to it. Kind of reminiscent of the CCR song she did earlier in the season.

Judges:

Randy: THIS is what this show is all about. So proud, one of the best moments on this show. Incredible.

Ellen: Unique, in a league of your own, beautiful of voice, clear, pulls you in.

Kara: This was an important song. My biggest critique is that your walls have been up, and tonight, you were completely emotionally invested unlike any other night. You blossomed with this song. Amazing.

Crystal asks to speak before Simon and thanks him for everything and wishes him well on his future endeavors.

Simon: That was by far the best performance and the song of the night. My final critique: That was outstanding.

Mamasox has a total TKO of the night :respec: - Lee got totally pwned. If he wins, I'm absolutely done with this show. The difference between Lee and Crystal's performances is like a gigantic chasm.