PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finals - May 25 and 26 (All Mediocre Things Must Come To An End)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45]

BigB08822
09-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention. During the concert in New Orleans I spotted Adam's ex, Drake. My friend and I tried to get his attention as we used to know him when he lived in Baton Rouge but he was walking around the level lower than us and neither of us wanted to make too big a fool of ourselves. I guess he and Adam are still good friends.

PeterG
09-17-2010, 09:51 PM
"Adam Lambert Whoops Ass, Keeps Manicure and Pedicure Intact" (http://www.bestweekever.tv/2010-09-17/adam-lambert-kicks-paparazzo-ass-keeps-manicure-and-pedicure-intact/)

:eek: or :lol: (still deciding...)

cailuj365
09-17-2010, 10:30 PM
Haha, I actually laughed out loud when I saw some of those pictures. I feel like I should be dismayed or something, but everyone looks so funny. I like the fact that the only thing Adam apologized for on twitter was his atrocious hat.

skatesindreams
09-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Adam is appearing in my area: conservative Brevard County, FL, tonight.
http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20100917/LIFE/9170305/-Idol-Adam-Lambert-gets-glam-on-at-King-Center-in-Melbourne

Tickets sold out in minutes!

PeterG
09-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Maybe I should have waited until I read more about the Adam situation... On vh1.com all the comments were about how cool Adam was to go after the paparazzi (who had apparently been hounding him and his friends for over an hour). Now another website (rollingstone.com?) says he is facing battery charges... :(

cailuj365
09-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Maybe I should have waited until I read more about the Adam situation... On vh1.com all the comments were about how cool Adam was to go after the paparazzi (who had apparently been hounding him and his friends for over an hour). Now another website (rollingstone.com?) says he is facing battery charges... :(

Lol, no way. I think the pap just wants a little attention. He wasn't even hurt, and it looks like he was giggling in the photos.

Adam's twitter:

Battery? Nope. I attempted to grab a camera, no punches were thrown and no one was on the ground.... It was literally harmless. If embarrassment is a crime- thats all I'm guilty of.

Sally1214
09-20-2010, 06:55 AM
I think all this is much ado about nothing. Pap-guy is just looking for money and I'm betting he won't get a red cent.

So, Adam is certainly doing well in Atlantic Canada. Don't miss the 2nd song at #30 (this one just doesn't want to die at all). GO ADAM! :rockstar:

http://www.c100fm.com/index.asp?ObjID=2661

cailuj365
09-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Was David Archuleta ever managed by 19? I'm hearing rumors that he has new management with WEG, which manages Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, N'Sync, and The Jonas Brothers among others.

Adam's last US tour stop is today until Honolulu in October. He's onto the Asia/Pacific Rim/Europe leg of the tour now, which continues until end of November. I don't think he'll release another single in the States now (even though I think he should). He said it's not likely, but if they do release another single, it will probably be Sleepwalker. He might go right into recording the second album instead if they want it out by next year.

Kruss
09-22-2010, 02:15 AM
Was David Archuleta ever managed by 19? I'm hearing rumors that he has new management with WEG, which manages Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, N'Sync, and The Jonas Brothers among others.

He was with Azoff Mgmt, 19 took a pass on him according to this (http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/10/08/david-archuleta/).

cailuj365
09-22-2010, 06:02 AM
He was with Azoff Mgmt, 19 took a pass on him according to this (http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/10/08/david-archuleta/).

Thanks, Kruss. WEG's clients seem to have a more similar target audience for David than Azoff's clients do. I wish him luck.

Kruss
09-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Awhile back I made comments about the over-the-top crazy Glamberts, and some disagreed with what I had to say (which is fine - different strokes and all that).

But what happened recently has me seething.

Apparently on the Daily10 recently, a guest host DJ, Mike Catherwood, made an inappropriate joke about Adam's scuffle with the pap and how he may "enjoy" prison, something to that effect. A lot of people felt the comment was homophobic, and I agree it wasn't the best of comments. But the DJ apologized a few times for his remark.

That wasn't good enough for the over-the-top crazy fans. Per the Daily 10's Sal Masakela's tweets yesterday:

Wow. The fanning of this fire is amazing. I tweeted in jest to @MCatherwood bcause suddenly the entire world is talking about @THEDAILY10

Further, all the tweets I’ve gotten from Lambert fans have been for me to die. Actual physical threats.

The bottom line is that yes @MCatherwood said something innapropriate but I do not think he was insinuating that he wanted harm…

…to come to Adam. I know Mike and he is not a homophobe. Further, neither am I.

I apologize if people were offended that I tweeted what I did to Mike. But, I simply understand that his intentions were not to offend.

3 days of hate tweets is a lot. Don’t worry, tomorrow there will be a big announcement sure to make the haters filled with joy. You win.

After 4 1/2 golden years @THEDAILY10 was canceled 2day. Oct 1st will be our last show.E News will now be an hour show. I will be moving on.

Here's what bothers me. The fans who did this are not the normal fans who have a ton of fun listening to Adam's music, following him online, attending his concerts, dressing up, etc. That can be fun.

But the fans that Sal is talking about? These fans are the ones who go to outlandish efforts in haunting the comment sections of any online review that might be semi- to wholly negative of an Adam show, an Adam record, or Adam himself. These fans then spam the comment sections, spewing adulation for their "rawk god" and say it's "all about love, as Adam says", but then they fill the comment section with demands for the writer of the review to be fired. They are known for making death threats to anyone who doesn't fall down at the feet of their god. They bombard radio stations with so many demands that even Adam himself has asked them to calm down.

It can be argued that no one should care what people post on a public forum. But the demands made by these fans have had real results now with this Daily 10 situation.

This is what makes me angry. Never mind that they put people out of work (a HUGE pet peeve of mine). Never mind that they are patting themselves on the back today, and saying things like the following:

“I so hope he makes it clear from the get go that this behavior will not be tolerated and that these jerks better start showing themselves from their most PC side and be very nice to Adam indeed. Hope that works.

We will be watching you!!!!”

“WATCH OUT Ryan Seacrest, now we are after you! Don’t you dareto say anything about Adam ok?”

“At least we got rid of a couple of bigoted and ignorant TV hosts. This move by the network will send the message that their behavior don’t have a place in media and all kinds of prejudice or discrimination should never be tolerated. We should celebrate the victory of love and equality. Peace!!!!!”

“…dont tangle with Glamberts! wonder if old psycho mike will get fired from his other job too?”

The mob mentality is going to have other effects, ones they haven't predicted. The more these attacks continue on the media over any perceived slights against Adam, the more the media will turn against Adam. What these over-the-top fans are doing has the potential to submarine his career in many aspects. I've got a friend in radio who is on industry message boards where radio people go to discuss things like this, and it doesn't bode well for any artist when their fans cause this much trouble.

Again, please understand that I am NOT saying all Adam's fans are like this, or that Adam himself is appreciative of these extreme actions. I would say it's a small percentage, but unfortunately it's a loud percentage. And apparently an influential percentage, as evidenced by the Daily10 fiasco.

One more evidence of their hypocrisy: Chelsea Handler made the SAME joke about George Michael and prison. I don't see any of the Lambert fans, who claim to be against homophobia, making any noise about that. I can guarantee that if Chelsea had made the joke about Lambert, it would be a very different matter.

BigB08822
09-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Some fans are nuts, Clay Aiken had a bunch of those! lol Unfortunately, I think every celeb has those kinds of fans. Adam's will cool down as his career goes on, they will eventually grow up or move on to someone new. I've seen it happen time and again. A few will always remain but they wont be as big in number.

I also feel confident the fans did not end the show. I had read that the show was on its way out a while back, so I think this was more a big coincidence than anything. Her tweet about "you win" is just a saying, not an admission that they got the show canceled. IMO

Kruss
09-22-2010, 04:27 PM
I sure hope you're right on all accounts. Sal (who's a guy) seemed pretty upset, but overall, death threats and calls for people to be fired are pretty awful. Like I said, I have a huge peeve against people getting others' jobs and messing with their livelihood. Personal experience talking there.

And you're right about the fans - the overly crazy ones will move on (which proves they are not even in it for the music or Adam as a musician), and the more lasting real fans can still enjoy him. If he has a career left by then, that is. Media backlash may not be too kind to him.

cailuj365
09-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Justin Bieber's fans make death threats on Kim Kardashian. What else is new? This happens all the time, and we all kind of go, "Wow, those fans are nutso," but it doesn't influence my opinion on the artists themselves. I agree with Brian that Adam's fans probably couldn't end the show. A decision like that would have to be from something bigger, not from a homophobic comment made from a guest host. I think you may be overreacting to some Glamberts' overreactions.

But please, the guest host on Daily 10 was ridiculous. He "apologized if offense was taken" nevermind that he GAVE offense by insinuating that gay men enjoy being in prison because they are with other men. :rolleyes: Um yeah, because straight women totally enjoy prison for the same reason. He was completely out of line. He's also made constant homophobic jokes on his radio station and posts pictures of "You're a fag!" on his facebook. Guy is a homophobe, and karma is just now getting back to him. If there were no "loud" Glamberts and others who didn't voice their displeasure, GLAAD would have never known and they would never have contacted E! to get them to air an apology. Maybe now that guy'll think twice before saying something rash about gay men again. It sucks that Sal is out of a job, but again, it's not Glamberts who did killed his show. It was probably long-term poor ratings or it not being worth the money to produce. They shouldn't be rubbing it in his face, but being spiteful is an easy reaction and people tend to lack tact at times like this.

And Adam's career will live and die by his music and his own personal actions. I strongly believe that in the end, it's the product (combination of music and artist) that counts. Not by 200 fans who can't keep it together and who 99% of people don't even hear about.

Meanwhile, Adam performed to a sold-out crowd of 10,000 last night in Washington. He's just finished a highly successful 72-date North American tour with nearly every venue sold out and good reviews (a radio DJ just mentioned this today - that's positive media), playing for crowds as large as 50,000 people in Montreal. He's about to embark on a 34-date international tour. He's had two pretty successful hit songs from his debut album and is still being played a good deal on the radio, which is more than the past few Idol alums can say, and he's also the first openly homosexual American pop artist. Media recognizes these things too, and I think he's going to have a career for at LEAST a few more years. And if it's not in music, he could probably easily go into acting or headline a show on Broadway and still earn a ton of money. I'm not really too concerned.

This is kind of OT, but you know who SHOULD be getting media backlash? Bruno Mars for doing cocaine. I was a huge fan, and I'm pretty disappointed in him now. He's going to end up with a #1 song at the same time that he's found guilty for cocaine possession. *sigh*