PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finals - May 25 and 26 (All Mediocre Things Must Come To An End)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45

cailuj365
08-30-2010, 03:35 AM
OTOH, I paid for Adam "Whaddaya Want From Me" which is really good. I need some recommendations for what else I should download from him & others.

I second the recommendation of "Fever" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DKVGiCL7yo). "If I Had You" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmXQFwlD7vk) is his current single right now, and it's upbeat and catchy too. If Gaga-like dance pop isn't your thing though, "Sleepwalker" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbHyWXjQ9wQ) is closer in sound to "Whataya Want From Me" and another one of my faves. I heard that it may be the next single in Australia.

Kruss, I had a similar reaction to the Idols concert last year. I essentially went for just Adam but was surprised that all of them had much stronger voices than I thought, even Megan!

taf2002
08-30-2010, 04:18 AM
I second the recommendation of "Fever" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DKVGiCL7yo). "If I Had You" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmXQFwlD7vk) is his current single right now, and it's upbeat and catchy too. If Gaga-like dance pop isn't your thing though, "Sleepwalker" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbHyWXjQ9wQ) is closer in sound to "Whataya Want From Me" and another one of my faves. I heard that it may be the next single in Australia.

Kruss, I had a similar reaction to the Idols concert last year. I essentially went for just Adam but was surprised that all of them had much stronger voices than I thought, even Megan!

It's funny that you said that about Gaga. I have 3 of her songs downloaded. :D

cailuj365
08-30-2010, 06:43 AM
It's funny that you said that about Gaga. I have 3 of her songs downloaded. :D

Well, "Fever" was written by Gaga herself and was recorded with Gaga in the studio, so hopefully, you'll like that one! It's a bit different than her usual single fare. More retro, but still pretty catchy.

taf2002
08-30-2010, 06:45 AM
I wish I could find his Mad World from AI...that was my favorite of his.

cailuj365
08-30-2010, 07:01 AM
I wish I could find his Mad World from AI...that was my favorite of his.

I can PM you the mp3 if you would like. It's pretty ridiculous that AI take the performance mp3s off of iTunes. I believe Adam's Season 8 performances album was still in the Top 50 or so albums on iTunes when they were pulled down. Why stop making money off of it?

BigB08822
08-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Download Adam's "Pick You Up" and "Music Again." Those are my two favs on his album!

cailuj365
08-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Oh geez, how could I forget Pick U Up? One of my favorites. It's like Adam Lambert meets Glee...which probably isn't that much of a stretch. My slow favorite is "Broken Open." I get this outer space vibe when I listen to it.

Actually, I like the whole CD, except for maybe "A Loaded Smile." I also really like bonus tracks, but save for Voodoo, that's probably difficult to get unless you buy the whole deluxe album.

Allskate
08-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Many know I had a hard time with Lee winning based purely on his vocal talent. I think he definitely did a better job last night, but with no connection to lyrics and a very lazy style of singing, I think he's more of a musician than a singer. Not because he can't, because he HAS a voice. He just chooses to not use it to its fullest ability, and admitted in interviews he's more interested in getting the song out than sounding good every time. The big production of an arena concert may have helped him sound much better last night than on the show, but time will tell as he moves into his smaller first tour, especially without all the production and with much smaller crowds and venues.

I think his biggest problem is his phrasing. He's got decent tone and his pitch will be improve and be fixed in the studio. Maybe being back in Chicago made him nervous, so he didn't perform as well? His hometown newspaper skewered him in the reviews. I mean, there are some critics who just don't care for AI, but they seemed to be particularly harsh on Lee and much nicer to Crystal and Casey. (I was kind of surprised that they liked Casey because I had read that he's been very sick this week and ended up in the hospital.)

Speaking of Crystal, apparently she and Jive are in disagreement about the release date of her album. They want it this year and she wants it in the spring:

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/2010/aug/30/bowersoxinterviewxml

My guess is that the label will win. Hopefully things will go very smoothly so she can get a good album out in December.

ETA: And my vote for favorite song on Adam's album is Fever.

PrincessLeppard
08-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Actually, I like the whole CD, except for maybe "A Loaded Smile." I also really like bonus tracks, but save for Voodoo, that's probably difficult to get unless you buy the whole deluxe album.

I love "A Loaded Smile"! I'm hoping an ice dance team uses it. Not a brother/sister team, though. :scream:

The only song I skip is Sleepwalker. Though I do like it when he sings it live...

BigB08822
08-30-2010, 06:29 PM
I also skip Sleepwalker. It is such a typical Ryan Tedder track with way too much repetition in the chorus. (ex: I wanna see your Halo Halo Halo, Halo Halo Haloooooo, I'm already gone, already gone, already goooonnne, Love is like a battlefield, battlefield, battlefield....)

Kruss
08-30-2010, 07:56 PM
I think his biggest problem is his phrasing. He's got decent tone and his pitch will be improve and be fixed in the studio. Maybe being back in Chicago made him nervous, so he didn't perform as well? His hometown newspaper skewered him in the reviews. I mean, there are some critics who just don't care for AI, but they seemed to be particularly harsh on Lee and much nicer to Crystal and Casey. (I was kind of surprised that they liked Casey because I had read that he's been very sick this week and ended up in the hospital.)

Casey was amazing! I knew he'd been sick, but you could't tell. His vocals were really, REALLY good. And I am coveting the red guitar he used in his last solo song. Really coveting it.

cailuj365
08-30-2010, 08:21 PM
I also skip Sleepwalker. It is such a typical Ryan Tedder track with way too much repetition in the chorus. (ex: I wanna see your Halo Halo Halo, Halo Halo Haloooooo, I'm already gone, already gone, already goooonnne, Love is like a battlefield, battlefield, battlefield....)

I know, but that's why they're goooood. I'm jk, sorta. Predictable melody, repetitive chorus, but they appeal to me. I could say the same for "Whataya Want From Me" too. They tend to do pretty well on the charts too. ;)

Sleepwalker is about 100x better live though. I have the mp3 of this version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4GKvaG_xDs) downloaded if only for the last minute.

I used to skip "Aftermath" along with "A Loaded Smile" and "Soaked." I like "Aftermath" more now after hearing the acoustic version in concert.

Allskate
08-30-2010, 09:20 PM
Casey was amazing! I knew he'd been sick, but you could't tell. His vocals were really, REALLY good. And I am coveting the red guitar he used in his last solo song. Really coveting it.

That's great. I'm really hoping that he can record music like this and that maybe someday I'll see him perform it in concert.

I used to skip "Aftermath" along with "A Loaded Smile" and "Soaked." I like "Aftermath" more now after hearing the acoustic version in concert.

Aw. I kind of like "Soaked." "Broken Open" too. Does anyone know anything more about the rumored acoustic CD? I'm not a huge GaGa fan, but I really like the stripped down tracks she put out.

cailuj365
08-30-2010, 09:33 PM
That's great. I'm really hoping that he can record music like this and that maybe someday I'll see him perform it in concert.

Aw. I kind of like "Soaked." "Broken Open" too. Does anyone know anything more about the rumored acoustic CD? I'm not a huge GaGa fan, but I really like the stripped down tracks she put out.

I would sincerely not be surprised if Casey turns out to be the most successful of the contestants from last season in the long run. I think his look and his genre of music match better for success than even the top 2. I'm not surprised that Crystal and Jive are already at odds. I understand both sides. I'm sure Crystal wants to have the best possible album and one that she is proud of, but if she releases it too late, she may be forgotten by the public already. I think I would favor the spring date. If I were her management, I'd schedule an Idol performance for her to coincide with the album release date, reminding everyone who watched and voted for her last season to go out and buy it.

I'm pretty surprised actually at how different everyone's favorite tracks of Adam's album is. I thought "Fever" and "Sleepwalker" were going to be the faves for sure. I know Adam wanted the album to have a little bit of everything for everyone, so maybe he succeeded on that. For his next album though, I know that he's going the Max Martin route with more accessible pop-rock. I think Adam said that the acoustic EP was going to come out "soon." I'm pretty sure it will happen before the next album, which they want to come out next year. (Adam says the spring, but I doubt they'll make it that soon.)

BigB08822
08-30-2010, 11:01 PM
I think Crystal is wise in wanting to wait until the Spring. Jive made the same mistake last year with Allison. They rushed her album (which, IMO, is the best Idol debut album of all!) but the content wasn't the problem. The timing was all wrong with releases from Kris and Adam. Her single was sent to radio way to close to the holiday freeze and never got a good shot. Without a single, how will a debut album go anywhere? Crystal should wait until the Spring, IMO.