PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finals - May 25 and 26 (All Mediocre Things Must Come To An End)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Kruss
08-05-2010, 04:26 AM
You guys have great points. :)

I'm excited for both Crystal and Casey's albums, as well as seeing them at the end of the month.

Allskate
08-06-2010, 12:40 AM
So, apparently, Stephen Tyler didn't even bother to tell Joe Perry that he was planning to take the Idol job:

http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/08/05/american-idol-tyler-perry-aerosmith/

I'd be ticked off, too.

Too bad Nigel has confirmed that he's back doing Idol. I'm not excited about that. JLo is kind of meh for me. I don't think I'll find her nearly as annoying as Kara.

BigB08822
08-06-2010, 01:17 AM
I read today that Nigel is back ONLY as an executive producer and he will NOT be judging.

As for Tyler not telling Perry, aren't a lot of these contracts dependent on confidentiality, at least until a certain time or date? He may have not been legally allowed to say anything without the chance of losing the job.

Allskate
08-06-2010, 05:19 PM
ETA: According a record industry guy who has been following Casey closely posted that Casey will be announcing a deal with Sony Nashville in a few days. No surprise there and I'm glad he'll get to record an album, but I still wish it were a different label. I'm hoping Casey's recent statement that his album will include some Texas blues and Texas rock is a result of his recent discussions with Sony Nashville. Also, apparently multiple management companies have expressed interest in him.

As for Tyler not telling Perry, aren't a lot of these contracts dependent on confidentiality, at least until a certain time or date? He may have not been legally allowed to say anything without the chance of losing the job.

Well, obviously, some people are not maintaining confidentiality, which is why we know all of this stuff. In any event, if someone I had been working with for decades negotiated behind my back to get a job that would impact my career, I'd be ticked, confidentiality agreement or not.

BigB08822
08-07-2010, 01:56 AM
I'm not saying Perry's anger isn't justified, I'm just speculating as to why Tyler may have done something like that.

Murdoch
08-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Well between Nigel's tweets and TMZ - the panel for next year is...

Randy, J-Lo and Steven Tyler.

Nigel tweeted he is only returning in a production role and will NOT judge. Kara, Ellen, Simon gone...

Still don't think I will be watching...

PeterG
08-10-2010, 06:51 PM
I will!!!

I love Lopez and Tyler! :cheer2: :rockstar: :D :cheer: :respec:

Plus maybe we'll get another Adam Lambert!!! :)

PrincessLeppard
08-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Ick. There'd better be some serious talent on the show if I have to sit though, "yo dawg, for you, for me," JLo and her ego and Steven Tyler and his addiction problems.

Jenna
08-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Ick. There'd better be some serious talent on the show if I have to sit though, "yo dawg, for you, for me," JLo and her ego and Steven Tyler and his addiction problems.

:rolleyes:

PeterG
08-11-2010, 12:54 AM
:rolleyes:

:lol: Exactly! At least watch an episode or two before burying the new judges!

PrincessLeppard
08-11-2010, 01:12 AM
I have an irrational dislike of Steven Tyler, I admit. :scream:

I will agree the jury is out on Jennifer Lopez.

And Randy has proven himself an idiot many times over. :D

cailuj365
08-11-2010, 05:47 AM
Even if J.Lo and Steven Tyler turn out to be the most boring judges, I don't think it really matters if the talent is good. If someone blows it out of the park consistently, that's where all of the buzz is going to go to. The audience wants to talk about incredible "moments" where a contestant truly shined and broke through, that transformation from nobody to imminent star. Similarly, the media wants to talk about contestants that they find fascinating and will pique public interest. In Season 9, there was only one really impressive contestant, but she wasn't the eye-catching, superstar material that fascinates people. The media had to resort to reporting about Ryan Seacrest's sleep-deprived, wacky behavior because they had so little to talk about elsewhere. If the contestants tank, the show tanks.

my little pony
08-11-2010, 03:08 PM
I will agree the jury is out on Jennifer Lopez.

if she tells the contestants that the quickest way to a recording career is to sleep with p diddy, that might be the most practical advice ever given on that show

Murdoch
08-11-2010, 10:11 PM
J-Lo is out due to her increasing demands...

http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2010/08/11/14991221-wenn-story.html

PeterG
08-12-2010, 02:05 AM
J-Lo is out...

Could I suggest Sheena Easton? I remember seeing her on talk shows during her time in the spotlight (Johnny Carson in particular) and she was both charming and quick-witted, with a surprising sharpness to some of her humour. Plus I saw her in concert last year and she was in really good voice...

Sheena Easton live in concert (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMs1ePErQvw)