PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finals - May 25 and 26 (All Mediocre Things Must Come To An End)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

MOIJTO
05-28-2010, 01:49 PM
And not for record sales, but don't forget the 7th place Oscar, Golden Globe, Grammy winner.

:lol: Wouldn't dare!

This show unfortunatly is not about making a star from the winner, I believe it started life out to do that, but something happened on the way to the recording studio.

Adding to Chris Daugthery...he has talent and he has great radio play music, but he does sound like most music out there, his benefit of not winning was he was able to do at least use his own music.

Oh, I didn't watch the season at all and only watched the finale by FF through most of it, NOT much to watch but old time rockers trying to make an impression once again. (I must add that Chicago will never get old)

I guess I am jaded, I see nothing out there in the music business presently that is "mainstream pop 40 crap" that is impressive.

Give me Incubus, Chili Peppers, U2 and alternative anyday! That's talent!

cailuj365
05-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Hey, American Idol fans, Can You Please Stop Voting for the Same Guy? (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b183159_hey_american_idol_fans_can_you_please.html )

I totally agree with this blog, but unfortunately, I don't think the trend is going to change unless the people voting at home change (tweens and middle-aged moms). If Adam and Crystal had won, I think the winners circle would be pretty diverse with the most talented contestant winning. Winning Idol might still even be credible. Instead, that's not what's happening.

Allskate
05-28-2010, 05:40 PM
I know Jive is profitable, that is what I was talking about when I mentioned how they don't do much in the way of promotion. They don't spend the big money so they make a nice profit off of selling less. This doesn't mean crap for the artists, though. However, I suppose it is nice when they don't go around dropping everyone for selling less than 500,000 albums. It bodes well for getting at least 2 albums from Crystal, I will admit, but I like to see people do well and sell a lot and go on to do nice sized tours, etc.

I'm not upset that she's with Jive as long as they find material that works for her. I was very apprehensive about Allison signing with Jive. I thought they might go all out for the tweenypobbers. But, they did give her at least a few songs to rock out on and some good ballads. I actually think her album is one of the best Idol debuts.

As far as money, I think they have a stable of writers and producers they use on all the Idol CDs, and it doesn't matter if it's Jive or RCA. Bringing in additional people really depends more on the artist than the label. Personally, I don't want them spending a ton of money on a video for Crystal. I doubt the FYE video was really worth the investment for Adam, and I think it's the artist that pays for it. She'll get plenty of tv appearances. (I don't think Adam got more attention than Kris because of their labels; it's because of who they are.)

I'm more concerned with what they choose as a single and whether Crystal gets radio play. (I'm really not sure what more they could have done for Allison other than try harder to get more radio play. But they did send her on a big radio station tour. I just think it's hard to market a 17 year-old who sings like her.) Personally, I think both RCA and Jive have done a crap job of choosing the singles for Adam and Kris. So, again, I don't think the label matters there. I'd rather Crystal be with the label that doesn't quickly drop artists and allows them to develop. The debut Idol CDs generally aren't that great.

PeterG
05-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Crystal Bowersox's Boyfriend Breaks Up With Her The Morning Of Finale Performance Day (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/accesshollywood/100527/entertainment/crystal_bowersox__boyfriend_split_on_eve_of__idol_ _finale)

Great timing, dude... :mad:

Cheylana
05-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Billboard is reporting that Crystal is with Jive, not RCA. Only Lee was signed to RCA.
Ok, thanks. I heard an early report she was going to RCA, but I guess that person was misinformed!

Allskate
05-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Heads up: Lee and Crystal are supposed to be on Larry King tonight.

According to this article, Crystal is signed to Jive. Also, she is going to be allowed to sing Holy Toledo on tour.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/idolchatter/post/2010/05/crystal-bowersox-ready-to-start-work-on-album/1

I wonder if Casey will get signed to one of 19's country labels.

cailuj365
05-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Sorry, this is only tangentially related, but speaking of big-budget music videos, I just heard that Allison Iraheta was a part of Adam's new music video for "If I Had You." Adam invited many of his friends to be extras/dancers, so that was most likely her role as well. I saw preview stills of the shoot, and it's like a Tim Burton crazy town. I hope we get to see her on the screen. I'm curious to see what she looks like, lol. :)

Allskate, you don't think LLWD was a good single for Kris? I thought it was a great choice, and the sales and radio airplay were great. Not sure about his second single. I think it's a little dull, but that's just me. I do agree that Adam gets a lot more press and opportunities just because of his personality and who he is. His international promo has been much better than Kris' (I think that Adam is actually doing a lot better in certain countries than he is here), but I'm not sure if there's a lot of interest for Kris outside the States anyway.

Could RCA have signed both finalists if they wanted to? I know they have first pick, but I don't know if they're limited to just one.

BigB08822
05-29-2010, 10:27 PM
RCA could sign all top 12 contestants, if they want, they have the option but usually let them all go except the top 2 and then maybe one other like they did with Allison last year.

BigB08822
05-29-2010, 11:39 PM
I purchased Crystal's "Up to the Mountain" to do my little bit of support. It helps that it is one of my favorite songs. You could really see the writing all over the wall, as if Crystal was going to have any chance at any radio play with this song. Lee's song was at least a hit at one time on radio. Doesn't say anything about the songs, as I said, UTTM is one of my favorites, but it shows who they wanted and thought would win.

I do really like the studio version. She has recording potential, that is for sure!

BigB08822
06-02-2010, 02:54 AM
Two of the most successful Idol's in a duet to Chapman's "Fast Car." Kelly and Daughtry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZBIylvH4jo

P.S. There was a crystal clear version but they set it to private for some unknown reason.

PrincessLeppard
06-02-2010, 03:38 AM
Final Idolatry is up. If you watch no other part, watch Part Six. :)

http://www.ew.com/ew/video/0,,20312226_20312230,00.html

jenny12
06-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Two of the most successful Idol's in a duet to Chapman's "Fast Car." Kelly and Daughtry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZBIylvH4jo

P.S. There was a crystal clear version but they set it to private for some unknown reason.

Thanks. They sound great.

haribobo
06-02-2010, 02:13 PM

Part six was insanely awesome. My god, I've missed Kristen so much this year. I laughed so hard! :D

Allskate
06-02-2010, 05:36 PM

http://www.ew.com/ew/video/0,,20312226_20312230,00.html

Heh. I hope Kristen is back on Idolatry next season. It just isn't the same without her.

I watched Aaron's Idolatry interview. He said that the ITunes list is bigger than the real list they get. Sometimes the list will have just 12 songs. With all the money this show makes, you'd think they'd be willing to spend a little more on material and staff.

It's sounding like Casey is probaby going to be signed by 19 and Sony Nashville. Rumor is that they want him, but that he would prefer to sign with someone else because he doesn't want to do pure country and wants to do more of a rock/blues album with a little country in there. If the rumors are to be believed, there are a few labels who want him. I really do hope he makes the kind of album he wants to make.

Kruss
06-02-2010, 07:37 PM
It's sounding like Casey is probaby going to be signed by 19 and Sony Nashville. Rumor is that they want him, but that he would prefer to sign with someone else because he doesn't want to do pure country and wants to do more of a rock/blues album with a little country in there. If the rumors are to be believed, there are a few labels who want him. I really do hope he makes the kind of album he wants to make.

I hope so, too. He has quite a range and shouldn't be pigeon-holed into just one style. I am really looking forward to his album.