PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finals - May 25 and 26 (All Mediocre Things Must Come To An End)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

CantALoop
05-27-2010, 07:49 AM
YEP! :D And I also voted for Nicole for DWTS!!! :lol: FSU must really hate me now. :EVILLE:

Can I call you up when I visit the bookies the next time I go to Las Vegas? :lol:;)

MarieM
05-27-2010, 08:02 AM
Lee is more boring than the winner last year.

After Adam not winning, now it's time for Crystal. Explain me why ? :lol:

KikiSashaFan
05-27-2010, 11:41 AM
I heard Bret Michaels would be there, so I watched (well...fast forwarded through...:shuffle:..) until that and then turned it off. Meh.

skatemommy
05-27-2010, 12:00 PM
So good to see Bret! The 80's rocker chick in me was bawling and singing along with "Every Rose"! Lee who?

PrincessLeppard
05-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Is David Cook successful? Where was he tonight?

See upthread. Charity event.

I was thinking last night, and I don't think Crystal is the most wuz robbed contestant. I think that particular title still goes to Allison, for being booted off the week after the Scream. :scream:

soxxy
05-27-2010, 12:46 PM
LOL... these "viewer vote" shows are just so ridiculous now. I don't watch AI at all but I know about Crystal cause my mom watches it, and uh, she deserved it more...

but whatever. Can't change anything now.

I wonder with ratings being down this year, the departure of Simon, and the press' "disenchantment" with some recent winners, how much the show will be retooled for next season. Perhaps the judges will have more impact as to who wins, a la DWTS (not that many here were happy with their input this season :lol:).

Cyn
05-27-2010, 01:07 PM
I would like to know how many votes were cast this year. Sprinkles has always made it a point in previous finales to make a big announcement at the final reaveal to the effect of, "After XXXX million votes, your new American Idol IS........." as well as making an announcement about the voting at the top of the show, and neither of those happened last night.

I saw that the number of viewers on Tuesday night was just over 19 million, which is waaayyyyyy down from previous seasons (many of which had double the number of viewers), so I have a fat honking suspicion that the finale voting of this Season of Suck, if announced, would have been a major black-eye for Fox/19Eville. Between that and Simon's departure, it wouldn't surprise me if AI goes the way of the dinosaur within two years.

MOIJTO
05-27-2010, 01:43 PM
I would like to know how many votes were cast this year.

I saw that the number of viewers on Tuesday night was just over 19 million, which is waaayyyyyy down from previous season Between that and Simon's departure, it wouldn't surprise me if AI goes the way of the dinosaur within two years.

Reports I had heard said viewership has been down even from last year. Crystal should have won but I am so glad she didn't. Now she can go on and be a BIG star like Chris Daughtery and not be contracted to play top 40 musak crap.
I also do not see this show progressing past next year without Simon and Simon himself sees the writing on the wall that is why he is leaving.

Lets see:

Kelly Clarkson---good success

Rubin Studdard---dud and gone

Fantasia---dud and gone

Carrie Underwood---very very successful in country, NOT top 40 crap.

Jordan Sparks---dud and almost gone

Taylor---geez can't even remember his name, never got to be dud he was gone before he started.

David Cook---great radio voice the best and good success so far

Kris Allen---Who?

Now---Lee Dewyne--remains to be seen but I suspect about the same as David Cook.

More non-winners have had success, I think!

cruisin
05-27-2010, 03:26 PM
I think that part of the problem is unlimited voting from a single source. I would be curious to know how many numbers dialed in, how many addresses texted in, as opposed to the actual number of votes.

It was great to see Brett Michaels on stage, though I worried for him the whole time. I really didn't know much about him before his brain hemorrhage and I wouldn't consider myself a fan, but I got a little teary to see him doing so well.

I saw Crystal interviewed on the local Fox news station - not cable Fox News (:lol:). She is a class act. She handled herself admirably. One of the anchors commented on how well she spoke and how well she seemed to be taking Lee winning. The anchor said he wasn't taking it so well, that last night he wanted to go out and burn a car :lol:. And his face showed he was genuinely angry!

Catherine M
05-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Crystal will be just fine. She was signed to RCA too, just like Lee. And before the finale so TPTB wanted both of them on their main label. Probably have since the top 12 began. Have felt that the whole season was just to get them to the final and the only interesting part would be how/when the other ten left!

Don't see anyone else getting signed by 19; maybe Casey but Danny Gokey is the only 3rd place finisher to be signed so who knows if they are interested in him or not. After his duet with Bret last night, they should as he's getting lots of positive buzz!

Allskate
05-27-2010, 06:08 PM
I knew what the results were going to be -- and clearly Crystal and Lee did, too -- but I'm still disappointed. Crystal will be fine. It sucks that her boyfriend broke up with her on performance day this week, though. That's got to be stressful. I hope they let her make the kind of album she wants to make because she's got a good sense of what works for her.

Bret Michaels is nuts. Does he want to jam in the rest of the life in one week before having heart surgery? I admit, though, that I'd forgotten he can actually sing quite well.

When Lee sang "What would you do if I sang out of tune," I wanted to say "Give you the Idol title and make you a millionaire?"

IMO, comparing the girls number to the guys number really did show that the girls were stronger this season.

I thought the originals from the younger artists -- Xtina, Carrie, and Kris -- were all kind of blah songs.

I was just about to ask who is standing next to Fantasia.

I didn't recognize Kelly at first either.

:rofl: They're now offering discounted tickets for the tour :EVILLE:

I think Live Nation is offering discounted tickets to all its amphitheatre shows for all artists. They did the same thing periodically through last summer and had some really great deals. You can sometimes get four-packs of tickets for less than a hundred bucks.

Paula is infinitely more enjoyable and entertaining that Kara DioGuardi could ever hope to be.

Yes, but that doesn't say much at all. I think 19 should buy out Kara's contract.

Lee is like a puppy that is slightly homely and not very playful. You feel sorry for him, but there is nothing distinguishing there.

It's really bizarre. I think that the reason he won is because people feel pity for him, and there really isn't much reason to feel sorry for him. Why feel bad for him? Because the dude's first two albums didn't take off and he works in a paint store and can't string two sentences together? Because he always looks sad?

Twizzler
05-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Actually heard Lee's "Beautiful Day" on the radio this morning. Sounds really weak. He really doesn't have a good radio voice.

Cyn
05-27-2010, 06:34 PM
Crystal will be fine. It sucks that her boyfriend broke up with her on performance day this week, though. That's got to be stressful. I hope they let her make the kind of album she wants to make because she's got a good sense of what works for her.

Whatwhatwhat?! [/Kyle B.'s mom] I hadn't heard that - if that's the case, she did a damn good job of not letting it get to her. Still, that was a shitty thing for him to do. What a friggin' tool.

Bret Michaels is nuts. Does he want to jam in the rest of the life in one week before having heart surgery? I admit, though, that I'd forgotten he can actually sing quite well.

Bret loves to perform more than just about anything (including making out with skanks on ROL :P ). If he's facing heart surgery (as well as his other health issues), being able to do one song on AI was probably a good outlet for him to get a quick "in and out with one song" performance before undergoing that. Now, if he goes on a media blitz over the next few weeks, he's an idiot and is asking for even more trouble healthwise. Hopefully he'll have enough sense to get back home and take care of himself.

It's really bizarre. I think that the reason he won is because people feel pity for him, and there really isn't much reason to feel sorry for him. Why feel bad for him? Because the dude's first two albums didn't take off and he works in a paint store and can't string two sentences together? Because he always looks sad?

Great.....so AI has now turned into Pity Idol :blah: . I absolutely do not get all the "Lee is soooo cute," "Lee is sooooo hot" comments I've read on various boards. IMO he always looks as though he slept in his clothes and jumped out of bed and forgot to wash his face or brush his hair before going onstage. He also always seems to have a "duh" expression on his face half the time, like he's about 5 minutes behind a conversation or is way late on figuring out a joke. Whenever he's on screen, something about his facial expression always reminds me of Chris Penn's character, Willard, from the movie Footloose, primarily the scene in the locker room when he's accused of not knowing his left from his right. Very obscure reference, but Lee's facial expression and that of Penn's face in that scene could make them seem like twins.

Could this (http://img.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/news/060206a/cpenn.jpg) be Lee in 20 years? :EVILLE:

Allskate
05-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Whatwhatwhat?! [/Kyle B.'s mom] I hadn't heard that - if that's the case, she did a damn good job of not letting it get to her. Still, that was a shitty thing for him to do. What a friggin' tool.

She talked about it in her interview with Ryan this morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76IedsUetHQ&feature=player_embedded

He couldn't have waited a week or two?

cruisin
05-27-2010, 07:06 PM
I knew what the results were going to be -- and clearly Crystal and Lee did, too -- but I'm still disappointed. Crystal will be fine. It sucks that her boyfriend broke up with her on performance day this week, though. That's got to be stressful. I hope they let her make the kind of album she wants to make because she's got a good sense of what works for her.

What a tool! I now give Crystal even more respect. Not only did she not let it get to her, she didn't use it for sympathy.

I hope Crystal does so well! I hope she shows them, just like Jennifer Hudson, that you don't have to be this perfect little tweeny queen to be successful. And that having an awesome voice is what counts when the records come out!