PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finals - May 25 and 26 (All Mediocre Things Must Come To An End)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

BigB08822
05-27-2010, 03:44 AM
I hope she makes triple what any previous winner has done, well maybe it will be too hard to catch Carrie.

I hope the best for Crystal but that would be tough. Kelly made something like $50 million in 2005 ALONE when she was at her peak. I don't see Crystal ever being so mainstream as to make that kind of money, but I hope she can find her niche.

MOIJTO
05-27-2010, 03:46 AM
Although Crystal should have won hands down, she is waaaaaaaaay more talented than Lee. The Idol machine would have destroyed her.

Lee is the correct winner for the image, hopefully he will do better than the last couple winners (excluding David Cook).

Good Luck Crystal you have an amazing career ahead of you...Congratulations

Meredith
05-27-2010, 03:46 AM
Casey James singing "Every Rose Has It's Thorn"

Somehow, I don't think Bret will be showing up to duet, but I will shit myself if s

HOLY FCUKBALLS!!!! Wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! Bret!!!!! :cheer2: :respec:

This was my favorite moment of the show. To think a few months ago I barely knew who Bret Michaels was, but now not only know who he is, care for his health, and want to see him in concert.

:D

PS: I pretty much knew Crystal would place second (for all the reasons cruisin outlined above) even though I only got through 3 times in 3 hours last night to vote, but then I live in Ohio.

Jenna
05-27-2010, 03:53 AM
This is worse than controversial decisions in figure skating! :rofl:

No, seriously, I don;t think my heart can take it anymore. First Evan was screwed, and now Crystal, even MORE screwed. Crystal had way more talent....Simon summed it up with his last critique ever......"That was outstanding." Mr. Cowell, I agree. :rolleyes:

PrincessLeppard
05-27-2010, 03:57 AM
Popeater has the studio version of Beautiful Day up. While it's MUCH better than his live performance, it's still.....weird. His phrasing maybe? It's like he's just saying the words, not really paying any attention to what they actually are. (this is especially evident in the part of the song that has the line "see the oilfields at first light...")

I dunno. Maybe I'll listen to it again.

genevieve
05-27-2010, 04:09 AM
AI is just starting here and O.M.G. Alice Cooper on American Idol?!? The apocalypse is upon us. And ol' Alice just made a convincing argument for lip synching. :scream:

uyeahu
05-27-2010, 04:18 AM
Idol and DWTS are dead to me now. :P

I just have one suggestion for you all...Go buy a Patty Griffin CD. (http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/children-running-through/id309792568)

cruisin
05-27-2010, 04:19 AM
that made Lee sound on key - who is the aging Chicago member who can't sing and why did they put him up front

I saw Chicago about a month ago, in San Francisco, at a convention. They were awesome. The "aging lead singer" was amazing! The sound on Idol, for the groups, sounded off tonight, either that or said aging singer has a cold. It seemed like Michael McDonald's and the Bee Gees' mikes were lowered or something, you couldn't really hear them.

Lee dong Chicago was the ultimate proof that he can't sing!

I thought Crystal and Alanis Morrisette were great together.

Joe cocker looks like a homeless person, probably fried his brain in the 60's.

Meredith, I did outline the reasons, but I'm sick about it. Crystal should have won. It is really sad that the teeny bopper voters have trashed this show. Apparently they have no taste in music.

taf2002
05-27-2010, 04:28 AM
OMG...I'm about an hour or two after the rest of you. I recorded the show & just now saw who won. What a travesty! It makes me sick that this show has gone so far downhill. I'm done.

jenny12
05-27-2010, 04:30 AM
No, that's still Taylor's title. :D

I actually have a Lee song on my iPod. I do not, nor will I ever, have a Taylor Hicks song on there.

I actually think Lee is worse than Taylor. Taylor was cheesy, but he was confident, had presence, and usually was in tune.

genevieve
05-27-2010, 06:24 AM
That was a pretty decent finale, even though a good 45 minutes of it was The Simon Show. Awesome to see Paula back...but I was hoping that FINALLY we'd see her sing on the show. Honestly, she couldn't have done worse than Daryl Hall or Chicago :shuffle: Great to see all the Idols (except David Cook...is he on tour?) and lots of the also-rans. ncie to see Justin Guarini is still rockin' the 'fro 10 years later...

Loved Janet Jackson's cropped 'do :cheer2: She looked awesome.

Whee Bret!

Joe Cocker and Crystal were great :respec:

Congrats, I guess, to Lee. I only watched a few eps this year, and I remember Crystal from every one, but Lee not at all. "Beautiful Day" was ok, but I'd rather see/hear Kurt Nilsen (World Idol from 2003 or 2004) sing it.

Habs
05-27-2010, 06:28 AM
As I said upthread, I don't like Crystal at all.
I like Lee and may be one of only a handful of people on the planet who are happy tonight. :rofl:

Kruss
05-27-2010, 06:33 AM
Allegedly, David Cook had a charity event today. I'm thinking that could have been rescheduled.

It's a multi-day event that was organized by Shadow Buddies which is not his charity, so he'd have no way of rescheduling that. But it's a charity that's very near and dear to his heart. The AI auditions went a week longer than normal, and pushed the entire season a week longer. Had that not happened and the finale taken place when it should have (last week), David could have been there.

As much as I wanted to see all 8 winners up there tonight, and as cool as that would have been, I think that David lending his time, talent and money to a charity that helps children with serious diseases is more important. It's nice to see someone honoring their commitments.

The power of the teenybopper vote rules again...

Agreed except that there are a ton of women who voted for Lee as well. Thought he's "cute", think he's like some of the other male AI winners, etc. They have the same idea as the judges in that "nobody's perfect" and that he'll do fine when he gets into a recording studio. Apparently the overuse of auto-tune in today's music is perfectly acceptable to some people.

But not me. And there you have it, folks. The first auto-tuned Idol.

I agree this will be better for Crystal because clearly the media has been in her court, especially after her final performances Tuesday as well as tonight. This can only hurt Lee in the long run; the press has already proclaimed a lesser talented person took the title.

I kinda feel sorry for Lee.

skateboy
05-27-2010, 06:46 AM
And here's a thought: maybe with the exception of David Cook, none of the male winners of AI have been too successful. (I said WINNERS, so you can't count Daughtry, Adam Lambert, Clay Aiken...)

Crystal will be just fine.

Jayar
05-27-2010, 07:16 AM
And here's a thought: maybe with the exception of David Cook, none of the male winners of AI have been too successful. (I said WINNERS, so you can't count Daughtry, Adam Lambert, Clay Aiken...)

Crystal will be just fine.

Is David Cook successful? Where was he tonight?