PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finals - May 25 and 26 (All Mediocre Things Must Come To An End)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

PrincessLeppard
05-27-2010, 01:09 AM
Um, Alice, I love you, babe. In the 80s, you always had smokin' hawt guys in your band.

But why why why are you on Idol? :fragile:

rfisher
05-27-2010, 01:11 AM
Hmmmmm all that eye makeup hides his wrinkles and lines. I may opt for that look.

rjblue
05-27-2010, 01:12 AM
Rumours from another board reposted from a blog somewhere:
Confirmed:

* Usher Performing (per Wqal)
* Diddy Performing (Interesting, as Diddy is one of the Simon Replacement names being thrown around.)
* Ruben Studdard Performing

* The guys of season 9 are singing Hall and Oats “You make my dreams come true” and “Maneater”
* “Lee sings with Hall and Oats “I can’t go for that” Tomorrow Night on Fox 66?
* “Crystal Bowersox performs Joe Cocker “With a Little help from my friends””
* TMZ is reporting that Paula Abdul was out shopping for a dress recently and that she will be attending the finale tomorrow. More HERE.
* Hollywood Life is reporting that Lee Dwyze and Crystal Bowersox will sing with Joe Cocker at the Idol finale! ! Read more HERE.

* People magazine reported that Paula Abdul will appear to help send off Simon Cowell

* Brooke White and Kristy Lee Cook are at the Idol finale rehearsal ("Unchained Melody", huh? lol)

* Michael Johns tweeted on Monday: “It was fun being back at the Idol finale today. Good to see some old friends. I got asked to perform on Wednesday night. Pretty excited…Can’t give too many details sorry but its going to be pretty epic”

* Will Young will sing the boot song, “Leave Right Now” on Tuesday night’s performance show. (This was expected)
* Christina Aguilera, Carrie Underwood, Kris Allen and Enrique Iglesias
* Elliott Yamin tweeted on Monday: “my homie taytay hicks gets in town 2day…gonna get 2 share the stage with him again!..1st time since r idol days..can yall guess what 4 ??” (Tay tay is Taylor Hicks). (OMFG!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!)
* Christina Aguilera, Carrie Underwood, Kris Allen and Enrique Iglesias will be appearing on Wednesday’s finale to perform their new singles.

RUMORS

* All 8 Idol Winners will be back for Simon’s Tribute

* AINow.org is reporting that there will be a tribute performance featuring Idols on Wednesday, but it will only include Idols not signed by 19

* Crystal Bowersox will be performing an original tune tonight

* Bo Bice, Jason Castro, Clay Aiken and Constantine Maroulis are on hand to perform for Simon’s Big farewell

* David Archuleta tweeted: “DavidArchie Had a really fun night! :) . Got to see @RealBrookewhiteand Kristy Lee Cook. Excited for the idol finale tomorrow
* Anoop has said he will be at the Finale. No word on if that means actually perofrming.

* Train’s Pat Monahan to perform at Idol finale

* “Fox 11 News just said Lee & Crystal will sing 3 songs each tomorrow – winner’s song, producer’s pick and contestant’s choice.”
* Idol Tracker reports that the Melissa Etheridge/Crystal Bowersox duet may be back on the table (The appearance contract Etheridge signed with Dancing With The Stars would not allow her to appear on the Idol finale)

* Lee Dwyze and Crystal Bowersox will sing with Joe Cocker at the Idol finale! ! Read more HERE.
* “American Idols Top 10 perform “Schools out For The Summer” by Alice Cooper Tuesday” via @MIX1063 (if this is true, I would think the group number is for Wednesday’s finale)

* Chicago, the Bee Gees and Hall and Oats will perform.
* @WQAL “Rehearsals going on… The Boys are practicing a rendition of “Pants on the Ground!!!”
* Janet Jackson will perform on the results show.

AshleyN
05-27-2010, 01:13 AM
They had monitors?????

F this show. I swear. First they don't give them ear monitors (which are not cheats, but necessary). Then they make them lip synch on results night (stupid). Now they had monitors in a competition???

:wall:I could be wrong, but I think they've had prompters for the final two show before, and I don't really mind. Normally I would, but between the three songs for the performance show, and the boatload of stuff they have to prepare for the results show, the last week must be so damn hectic for them that I can understand why they might want it there as a just-in-case thing.

AshleyN
05-27-2010, 01:15 AM
* “Crystal Bowersox performs Joe Cocker “With a Little help from my friends””:eek:
Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease be true.

rfisher
05-27-2010, 01:15 AM
Kris :cheer2: now I can watch something else if I get bored. :)

numbers123
05-27-2010, 01:21 AM
and to think I used to think the BeeGees were kinda of hot. Oh wait that was Andy.

Cyn
05-27-2010, 01:21 AM
Wheeeeeeeeee Bee Gees!!!!! :cheer2: (or at least, Barry and Robin).

Given props where they're due, Siobhan and Aaron sounded really good to the intro of How Deep Is Your Love.

Gawd, but the years have not been kind to the Brothers Gibb - I remember back when the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack came out, Barry Gibb was smokin' hot in a 70's way. Now, not so much.

ETA: Oooooh, Lee just doubled his number of votes on the FSU poll :P

rjblue
05-27-2010, 01:22 AM
:swoon: I still love the Beegees. That was pretty good. Only a couple of harmony glitches, but the guys can sing live.

Cyn
05-27-2010, 01:28 AM
Is Michael Lynche wearing a wallet chain with his suit? :rofl: I guess he didn't watch vh1's "Undateable" show :P .

Michael McDonald on now......Holy shit, when did he turn into Colonel Sanders? :eek:

LuckyCharm
05-27-2010, 01:29 AM
ETA: Oooooh, Lee just doubled his number of votes on the FSU poll :P

It seemed like a fitting way to express my apathy about this entire season, if that makes sense...:shuffle:

PrincessLeppard
05-27-2010, 01:29 AM
So nice to see all these currently relevant musicians. :rolleyes:

numbers123
05-27-2010, 01:30 AM
who is this guy?

Cyn
05-27-2010, 01:31 AM
Who is this lame-o doing a singing roast, complete with some of the more memorable trainwrecks of years past?

That bit was just.....stupid.

AshleyN
05-27-2010, 01:31 AM
As crappy as this season has been, the fact that there's been more emphasis on Simon than the contenstants so far pisses me off. Too much focus on the judges has been one of my biggest annoyances with the show the last couple of seasons.