PDA

View Full Version : LOST FINALE

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Yehudi
05-24-2010, 05:20 AM
Just replayed Christian's talk to Jack. He said this was a place they created together so they could find one another. That the best time of their lives was the time on the island and they needed to go together because they needed one another.

Presumably Ben didn't need this group of people and they didn't need him. I don't think it means he's going to hell, just that he wasn't part of the group that needed one another.

Good point. That's also probably what Desmond meant when he said Daniel is not going with him.

HeatherC
05-24-2010, 05:21 AM
Kimmel's show is definitely what I need before I can go to bed. They're all a hoot, LOL :lol:

canbelto
05-24-2010, 05:22 AM
I thought the final image of Jack dying with Vincent lying down next to me was the most beautiful and heartbreaking image I can remember. I cried my eyes out. And really, I love the ending. I like how sideways-verse was purgartory, and when characters started slowly reconnecting I started crying and crying. And then when I found out that they had all died I was so sad, yet so happy, because they were reunited in death if not in life, and all their demons were exorcised.
Beautiful ending.

HeatherC
05-24-2010, 05:29 AM
Josh Holloway's video on Kimmel's show is HILARIOUS! :rofl:

BigB08822
05-24-2010, 05:37 AM
I just don't know what to say. That was an amazing finale. I didn't cry because I was at my friends but it was tough not to! If I had been alone then I would have boohooed like a baby!! I thought the ending was very fitting. I can't remember the ending of Titanic but I have been reading the comparisons, how did that end? I knew when Jack was wandering towards the bamboo that he would die and the last shot would be of his eye closing. I thought the perfect touch was having Vincent come and lie with him, that scene made it hard to not cry. I also loved finally seeing Sawyer and Juliet have their reunion, we all knew it was coming! Ok, going to watch Jimmy Kimmel now.

HeatherC
05-24-2010, 05:44 AM
LMAO!!! Debbie Gibson's "Lost in Your Eyes" during a random montage of great scenes of Lost.....if you missed it somehow tonight, I really hope it ends up on You Tube because that was alternately sweet and hilarious, LOL :rofl:

HeatherC
05-24-2010, 05:53 AM
Kimmel is killing tonight. Thank you Jimmy for helping me get some sleep! :rofl:

dbell1
05-24-2010, 05:55 AM
:rofl: I'm loving Kimmel's 'Lost 3 scenes'. Bob Newhart? I'm still waiting Bobby Ewing in the hatch shower.

I needed these giggles.

lmarie086
05-24-2010, 05:57 AM
What an amazing finale. It took everything I had to not end up crying, multiple times, but it was tough. That was amazing, all the way through. The ending does leave some questions, but I loved how it ended with Jack closing his eyes.

And thank GOD for Kimmel. Just what I needed. I'm going to miss this show so much...

Orable
05-24-2010, 05:57 AM
He's got rhythm, too! Gotta love a man who can dance :cheer:

Josh Holloway's video on Kimmel's show is HILARIOUS! :rofl:

sk8sue
05-24-2010, 05:58 AM
Great rant from Sayid on being voted off the island. I was waiting for the snowglobe ending to come up.

BigB08822
05-24-2010, 06:00 AM
I have this feeling that the "alternate endings" are going to be funny skit things for the show. It is just the way Kimmel is saying it that makes me think they aren't real alternate endings. That would be upsetting...

sk8sue
05-24-2010, 06:12 AM
The show itself was incredibly moving... it was over so quickly it didn't seem like 2 1/2 hours at all. The after show went by very quickly, too, and was just the right thing to lighten the mood and maybe allow sleep now. Good night.

tarotx
05-24-2010, 07:09 AM
Beautiful and forever left to question. Perfect ending for Lost...well imo. Perhaps because I'm a huge Jack fan It at least feels right for his character.

Glide2
05-24-2010, 08:00 AM
MORE. I want more.

I don't think I've ever cried so much for a tv show. As soon as Jack went into the church I started. When Kate told him to go in one door and she would go in the front door, I was worried that all the Losties were going to be in coffins when Jack found them. Then I worried that he would get in the empty coffin.

It was beautiful and sad and very odd. A little too religion-y for me. But they let most of the cast appear at peace with it and happily reunited with loved ones.

I'm glad the cast was on Jimmy Kimmel and that some of it was silly and funny.

also thought it fitting they held this funeral on a Sunday night.

It still doesn't make much sense. But I enjoyed watching the adventures on sci-fi island and rewind life and forward life, and sideways life. And I think it was a natural choice to have Gilligan / Hurley left in charge of Gilligan's Isle. And a natural choice for the ending character scene to be of Jack's eye closing and the quiet of the pieces of plane crash. It's so quietly sad and final.