PDA

View Full Version : LOST FINALE

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

sk8sue
05-24-2010, 05:01 AM
How am I supposed to go to sleep now when my eyes are all red and watery and I keep having to blow my nose? :shuffle:

Stay up and watch Kimmel!

ZOMG, I was watching tonight at a Lost party at my friend's house - and the electricity CUT at 10:08!!!!!! Some fuse exploded in her suburb and everyone's lights were out. The last I saw was Jack weeping in the cave, and the others in the plane with Lapidus. I cannot believe it!!!!!! Ugh, FML :fragile:

It looks like ABC is going to repeat it on Saturday night.

I thought that Ben didn't go into the church because he felt that he didn't deserve to be with the rest of them. So sad.

Garden Kitty
05-24-2010, 05:03 AM
No clue; never saw the Sopranos :lol:

Right in the middle of an ordinary scene when the family was out to dinner, the screen went to black and people all over thought their cable had gone out and they missed the ending. You were left to debate whether Tony was a victim of a hit and the black screen meant he died, or just that they're life would go on with uncertainty forever, never knowing when or if they'd be killed. Or something like that, I didn't watch it either. But most people were furious at the ending.

Bostonfan
05-24-2010, 05:03 AM
Although it didn't happen like I thought, I called it in the last thread that Hugo would ultimately be the candidate to protect the island. Of course, we never actually see him doing it - that would be LOST 2.0!

Jenna
05-24-2010, 05:04 AM
That was an extraordinary ending to an epic and beautiful series. I do not know if any other series will EVER be able to surpass this one. I loved when the characters recognized one another again, that was very emotional for me, especially Sayid & Shannon, and James & Juliet. Overall, it was a great closing that was TANGIBLE to the minds of the audience. Thank You LOST, for mesmerizing and entertaining me for six years. You will never be forgotten.

Lara
05-24-2010, 05:04 AM
Still processing the ending and recovering from the crying (first from reunions like Charlie and Claire, then the ending when Vincent lay by Jack). I don't know how I feel, but it's better than leaving the show with just Kate, Sawyer etc. alive.

And ITA about the music soundtrack. It's killed me from the ending of "Walkabout", the moment I truly became a Lost fan. Special mentions to the launching of the raft in season one, and Charlie's (plus Sun and Jin later) death.

Jenna
05-24-2010, 05:05 AM
I thought that Ben didn't go into the church because he felt that he didn't deserve to be with the rest of them. So sad.

Honestly, I thought it might be because he was being punished for his various ruthless actions. I thought he didn't go in, because he was going to go to hell.

HeatherC
05-24-2010, 05:06 AM
Stay up and watch Kimmel!

I'm staying up to watch Kimmel and I don't care how tired I am at work tomorrow. I need to laugh darn it! :lol:

And I agree that Ben didn't go into the church because he felt that way. That was pretty sad, especially since we saw him kind of turn his life around this season and start doing the right things. The only two non original Losties who were in the church were Juliet and Desmond which I thought was great since they became big parts of the story (unlike Faraday, Charlotte, etc.).

Kimmel just started and half the audience was in tears watching the ending of the show. Make me laugh Jimmy! :wuzrobbed

manhn
05-24-2010, 05:06 AM
That was an utterly gorgeous piece of television. The various permutations of love explored in this episode were so touching displayed--between lovers, parent and child, friends, and siblings.

I too think that the people died at various times and they were waiting for everyone before they left. I don't think Ben went inside the church, not because he is still alive (he is living longer than Aaron?) but because his deeds during his life is preventing him from entering.

Greatest series finale ever.

Garden Kitty
05-24-2010, 05:07 AM
So - Jack died on the island after saving it and humanity? Then Vincent came up and found him? So that means Bernard and Rose are still there with Hugo and Ben?

They were on the island and still alive when Jack died, I think, but Rose and Bernard were in the church (I just replayed the church scene). But they could have lived on the island for many years (assuming the "some died long after you" phrase means everyone died eventually but for some we don't know how or when)

DianeO
05-24-2010, 05:08 AM
If Ben's deeds prevented him from entering the church, how did Sayid wind up in there? lol

Yehudi
05-24-2010, 05:08 AM
WTF. They're showing the news instead of Jimmy kimmel

hydro
05-24-2010, 05:09 AM
I thought it was really well done. I loved the whole Jack/Locke battle, and everyone coming to help. The Island scenes were great. I thought the side-ways scenes were really good for a series finale, a very clever way to bring the characters back together.

So the Island is the the Gate to Hell? That's my theory, and some mythical person must protect the gate.

Then the sideways world was the step before Heaven. Desmond was bringing everyone together to move on so they could be with the ones they loved. It was always part of "the beyond", and what happened on the Island (including the flashbacks and flashforwards) really happened.

I think they all died at separate times on the Island timeline, but came together in the sideways world as a precursor to Heaven.

Jenna
05-24-2010, 05:10 AM
If Ben's deeds prevented him from entering the church, how did Sayid wind up in there? lol

In my opinion, they are different. I mean, Sayid was doing these things as part of the necessities of war. Ben was cruel at times, for no reason at all, such as gassing his father, or exterminating the entire Dharma team. :yikes:

Yehudi
05-24-2010, 05:12 AM
I think Ben not going in was because he still felt he needed to sort some things out in the Sideways world.

Garden Kitty
05-24-2010, 05:13 AM

Just replayed Christian's talk to Jack. He said this was a place they created together so they could find one another. That the best time of their lives was the time on the island and they needed to go together because they needed one another.

Presumably Ben didn't need this group of people and they didn't need him. I don't think it means he's going to hell, just that he wasn't part of the group that needed one another.

WTF. They're showing the news instead of Jimmy kimmel

In NYC, the local news is on until 12:15 and then Jimmy Kimmel comes on. Although the news has some interviews with cast as well.