PDA

View Full Version : LOST FINALE

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

stanhope
05-24-2010, 04:46 AM
I think they all died at different times. The island world was the real world and that's where they died. That's why Kate said to Jack in the sideways-world that she had missed him so much. She left the island and he died there.

Yes, that makes much more sense. So, the people that survived in the real world were Ben, Hurley, Desmond, Kate, Claire, Sawyer, Miles, and Richard. Did I forget anyone?

ETA: When Jack found Christian's coffin in season one, there was no body. There was no body this time in the coffin and Jack was dead when he opened it. Hm...

dbell1
05-24-2010, 04:46 AM
But they told us from the beginning that they weren't all dead!!!! Didn't they? Damn.

As usual, the acting was top notch, the music just broke my heart and we got everyone but WAAAALLLT and Michael.

I'm really confused. Very confused. I don't want it to be over and I have no idea how that ending was supposed to wrap it all up or was it supposed to wrap it all up? UGH!

Oh, and yep, tears and smiles here too.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
05-24-2010, 04:47 AM
Even though the ending was sad but joyfull at the same time I like the idea that they all died at different times and at some undetermined date they have all finally come together once again. That makes me feel much better than if they had all died in the original crash.

I usually tape Lost on the Tuesday it airs then watch again over the next weekend but emotionally I don't think I'm going to be able to watch the finale again for awhile.

pilgrimsoul, I agree with your use of the word "perfection." When Emmy time comes around again Lost deserves nominations for the finale alone.

I need to go find some tissues. :wuzrobbed.

Garden Kitty
05-24-2010, 04:48 AM
How am I supposed to go to sleep now when my eyes are all red and watery and I keep having to blow my nose? :shuffle:

mindy74
05-24-2010, 04:48 AM
I think they all died at different times. The island world was the real world and that's where they died. That's why Kate said to Jack in the sideways-world that she had missed him so much. She left the island and he died there.

Vincent settling down next to a dying Jack absolutely killed me.

I had an inkling that the last shot would be of Jack closing his eyes ala the first episode, but didn't think about Vincent being there. That was absolutely a wonderful touch, but I missed him during the final Titanic-esque scene.

talulabell
05-24-2010, 04:49 AM
wow. that was awesome. I feel like I cried thru the whole thing. Loved all the reunions. I agree that they all died at different times. Like Christian said: some before Jack, some after. The island was real. Again, as Christian said: that was the most important time in their lives.

I'm really looking forward to Jimmy Kimmel now, to hear what all the actors/creators have to say, now that they dont have to keep any secrets.

Garden Kitty
05-24-2010, 04:49 AM
But they told us from the beginning that they weren't all dead!!!! Didn't they? Damn.

But they weren't all dead on the island, and the people who got off weren't dead. Only the sideways shift people were "dead" after they had died in some other fashion (either on the island that we saw, or eventually off the island that we didn't see). At least that's what I got out of it.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
05-24-2010, 04:50 AM
Yes, that makes much more sense. So, the people that survived in the real world were Ben, Hurley, Desmond, Kate, Claire, Sawyer, Miles, and Richard. Did I forget anyone?

ETA: When Jack found Christian's coffin in season one, there was no body. There was no body this time in the coffin and Jack was dead when he opened it. Hm...

I think Lapidis the pilot would have lived after leaving the island as well but he probably wasn't in the church since he wasn't a member of the original core group.

Orable
05-24-2010, 04:51 AM
ZOMG, I was watching tonight at a Lost party at my friend's house - and the electricity CUT at 10:08!!!!!! Some fuse exploded in her suburb and everyone's lights were out. The last I saw was Jack weeping in the cave, and the others in the plane with Lapidus. I cannot believe it!!!!!! Ugh, FML :fragile:

Garden Kitty
05-24-2010, 04:54 AM
I think Lapidis the pilot would have lived after leaving the island as well but he probably wasn't in the church since he wasn't a member of the original core group.

Yeah, Farraday, Miles and Charlotte etc. weren't at the Church either, were they? The producers kept saying they'd resolve the things that mattered to the main people, and perhaps this was just the core group that mattered to one another.

Garden Kitty
05-24-2010, 04:54 AM
ZOMG, I was watching tonight at a Lost party at my friend's house - and the electricity CUT at 10:08!!!!!! Some fuse exploded in her suburb and everyone's lights were out. The last I saw was Jack weeping in the cave, and the others in the plane with Lapidus. I cannot believe it!!!!!! Ugh, FML :fragile:

Did you think the producers decided to copy the ending of the Sopranos? :lol:

DianeO
05-24-2010, 04:56 AM
That was the best television EVER. I've never cried so much in my life watching TV. Kudos to Lost---and the music soundtrack, absolutely perfect.

I think Ben didn't go in because he isn't dead. I think he is the one looking over the island now because Hurley died at some point.

Orable
05-24-2010, 04:57 AM
No clue; never saw the Sopranos :lol:

Did you think the producers decided to copy the ending of the Sopranos? :lol:

dbell1
05-24-2010, 04:58 AM
So - Jack died on the island after saving it and humanity? Then Vincent came up and found him? So that means Bernard and Rose are still there with Hugo and Ben? I can live with that ending - that Jack's final thoughts were of how he came to be on the island.

But sideways world with David didn't exist? :confused:

Carmen Ovsiannikov
05-24-2010, 05:01 AM
How am I supposed to go to sleep now when my eyes are all red and watery and I keep having to blow my nose? :shuffle:

I intend to pull out a DVD and watch something fun, upbeat and mindless without any deaths in it. As brilliant as the series ender was, I don't think I could sleep with it being the last thing I watch tonight.