PDA

View Full Version : LOST FINALE

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26

Patsy
03-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Nice to see I'm not the only one who really really misses LOST. I'm not much of a tv watcher, but LOST was mesmerizing! sigh

Bostonfan
03-09-2011, 06:28 PM
I have all of the Seasons on DVD. My hope is that someday I can re-watch the series from start to finish with someone that has never seen it. I'd love to experience it again with a newbie.

genevieve
03-09-2011, 06:32 PM
I only have S1 on dvd - was hoping there would be a deluxe set that encompasses the whole show with tons of extra extras...but I've been too lazy to even know if such a thing exists.

Satellitegirl
03-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Another thing I loved about the show, was just how likable the cast was. I may not have liked some characters, but I liked just about every person they cast on the show, from the interviews they did. Great group of people.

PeterG
03-09-2011, 10:32 PM
I miss it too. There isn't any network/acted show on now that I find thought-provoking in the way Lost was.

The Good Wife is a keeper. While it's straight-ahead drama (instead of fantasy), the writing, directing, acting...even the casting is completely top-notch. It amazes me week after week. :respec:

my tv watching is completely down this season, and especially since January. The only scripted show I make sure to not miss is The Good Wife. Even shows that I was interested in before - V, Chuck, The Event, Glee - I can't be bothered to watch now. Not even on Hulu.

It's probably a healthy sign that I'm not watching as much tv, but I miss being enthralled by an ever-unfolding story and compelling characters.

I'll make the popcorn if you give Glee another chance. :D

genevieve
03-09-2011, 10:45 PM
oh, I like Glee all right, and stuck with it longer than the others. I just have to watch it on Hulu and have been lazy since the Superbowl episode.

I haven't even been watching Hellcats and I LOVE that show!! :P

Latte
03-10-2011, 12:27 AM
I really miss Hugo, Su and Jin, Sawyer, John, and a few others.
I DO NOT miss Kate and the Doctor(Brain has gone blank again).
There just isn't anything to compare with it on tv now.
I try to make do with Vampire Diaries and Pretty Little Liars, but, it is just not the same!

walei
03-10-2011, 01:23 AM
I have all of the Seasons on DVD. My hope is that someday I can re-watch the series from start to finish with someone that has never seen it. I'd love to experience it again with a newbie.

I got the whole collector's box set and started watching it over the holidays. I can't believe how captivating the show is even during re-watches!

My mom watched it with me, it's her first time and she likes it a lot too... except she kept on demanding us to tell her what the whispers/smokey/others/jacob/etc etc etc are repeatedly, which we of course refused. :rofl:

HeatherC
03-10-2011, 02:55 AM
Glad I'm not the only one who still misses Lost! January came and went this year and I was actually bummed out for a while that the show didn't come back on the air. I have a few shows that I'm pretty invested in this year but none of them compare to how I was about Lost. :(

BTW-Seeing Daniel Dae Kim on Hawaii Five O and Elizabeth Mitchell on V does help me a little because they're both great. Josh Holloway is going to be on Parenthood, Jorge Garcia has a pilot coming up soon and appears on Mr. Sunshine from time to time, and Terry O'Quinn was just cast on some pilot this week too. I'm glad some of the other actors are getting work again. That was a heck of a talented cast and I knew they would start showing up in other projects again soon. :)

Bostonfan
03-10-2011, 04:13 AM
I read an interview the Matthew Perry gave about his new show Mr. Sunshine. Perry is a huge LOST fan and said his goal would be to have every member of LOST eventually guest star on his show. :)

PeterG
03-10-2011, 06:50 AM
Francois Chau had a large guest role on Chicago Code Monday. He played Dr. Pierre Chang / Dr. Marvin Candle / Dr. Edgar Halliwax (take your pick) on Lost. It was a good episode,very dramatic with a great performance by Jennifer Beals.

MarieM
03-10-2011, 07:43 AM
It was still anti climatic. Everything they promised they'll never do : they did. :eek: :scream:

A great show for sure, a very good idea, but no plan as to how much season there would be, how to play things out etc. That's the difference between a good show like lost and a great show.
Season 2 and part of season 3 are to throw out. It became again watchable midway season 4.
It's IMO like Heroes, they ruined the show themselves. At least with Lost they nearly redeemed themselves with the last two seasons that were amazing.

But it's not just LOST ending I have problem with, it's a general thing nowadays. The endings suck ! :D
The only show that got my approval was BSG. And it took me one year to forgive Ron D. Moore :D

antmanb
03-10-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm glad this thread has come up again because I recently (like two weeks ago) finished watching lost and amazingly remained unspoiled!

I tried to watch it on TV when it first aired but I found the first episode so boring I didn't bother with it. A few weeks later colleagues could not stop talking about it so I picked up the first season cheap in Australia when I was on holiday and it remained unwatched until last year. Having decided to give it a go, I managed to pick up all of the series on DVD for not a lot of money and watched the whole thing back to back with maybe a month off before the final series made it on to DVD.

I absolutely loved it from start to finish. Somewhere in the middle (all the series blur into one for me as we had no break!) it seemed to lose its way and prompted some shouting at the TV, but overall it is probably the best series i've ever watched (actually Buffy still sits at number 1 for me!).

I never got into anything more than just watching it - i never went on the internet to find things out about it or anything like that because I just blitzed it all in one go and it really worked well for me watching it this way. Since the whole thing is more or less continuous days I can't imagine having to spin out the viewing over 6 years and trying not to forget what happened in previous seasons. I think watching without the hype made it much mre enjoyable. The hype for the final season was distracting (as I was on about season 4 anyway!) and for a few weeks had to jump on the dial on the radio whenever anyone mentioned it.

For the record I absolutely loved the ending - yes it was soppy and yes I cried my eyes out, but it seemed like a such a fitting emotional release for me having watched the whole series. I liked little bits like the stain glass window in the church at the end having symbols from nearly every religion. The general attention detail. But most of all it was all of the characters that you really grew to know and love or hate, but still enjoy....

I think it will be really hard to top that series.

pilgrimsoul
03-10-2011, 05:55 PM

Bostonfan, I did exactly that just recently while recovering from a tonsillectomy. My husband watched it with me from the very beginning and he was totally hooked from the pilot on (as I knew he would be). We watched the entire series over several weeks, multiple episodes a night, and then watched all of the additional DVD features. (The New Man in Charge was hilarious!) My husband enjoyed every minute of it, too (even when I cried like a little bitchbaby during the series finale's ending scene).

Only the second time around could I fully appreciate the brilliance of this show. I can't imagine another television show even coming close to surpassing the masterpiece that LOST is. It's just perfection in every way and I don't think I'll ever be so attached to another show again.

HeatherC
03-11-2011, 04:19 AM
FYI: The next issue of Entertainment Weekly (I think it goes on sale tomorrow) is going to feature the actors from Lost and how they're all doing after the show. I hope my issue comes in the mail tomorrow because I can't wait to read it! It's like they knew fans needed a Lost fix right about now, LOL :lol:

EW Link: http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/03/10/life-after-lost-fox-holloway/