PDA

View Full Version : LOST FINALE

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26

Bev Johnston
05-27-2010, 02:49 PM
:lol: If I sound angry then let me correct that. I'm not angry. I laugh and say bravo ABC and Lost writers for stringing me along. I do worry about your emotional involvement into this show though when you resort to bringing that curing cancer cliche into this discussion. May God, Jacob, MiB, Jack, Hurley, Ben and whoever else rocks your world be with you and give you the strength to get through future seasons Lostless :D;)

LOL - don't worry about my emotional involvement. I got into Lost like a good book that you don't want to end. I just wonder about people who are angry about wasting time and wonder what else they would've been doing with said valuable time is all. I feel like those are the folks who are a little too emotionally invested. I agree with whomever upthread said it was about the journey, not the conclusion.

trv2000
05-27-2010, 04:17 PM
I thought this is :rofl: .

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291

Bostonfan
05-27-2010, 05:24 PM
BTW, the Ben and Hurley epilogue is in the complete collection and not the Season 6 set. I'm hoping the complete collection has a very detailed commentary track or pop up scheme that will explain things in earlier episodes.

OK now THAT pisses me off! I've been a loyal viewer since Day 1 and have bought each season of DVDs. Now I won't be able to see this epilogue on the Season 6 only set? Who do I complain to about that?

Satellitegirl
05-27-2010, 05:26 PM
I agree, that's annoying. I have the first 3 seasons on DVD and plan on buying the rest, but I won't be buying the complete set together. Maybe this is just a mix-up.

BigB08822
05-28-2010, 02:17 AM
I'm sure someone will put it on youtube in no time. :)

walei
05-28-2010, 09:48 AM
It's reported that both season 6 standalone DVD and the complete set will both have the extra scenes.

Can't wait!

Quintuple
05-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Tonight, I was at an after party for a concert, and I saw this emaciated, scruffy, pale Jesus dude staring at me. I thought, "Hmm, looks like the dude who played Charles Manson in the made-for-TV movie Helter Skelter, who also directed a '60s-space-pop-movie-making docu-diary called CQ, Jeremy Davies." You know, featured on many Top 10 creepiest actors list? I had no idea he was in Lost, cuz I've never seen it.

So I notice everyone's cooing, "I loved the show!" And a couple of, "Hey, Lost!" So I told my friend. He went straight up to him: "Hey, were you also in a movie called Helter Skelter? That guy over there says so." So friggin' Jeremy Davies walks up to me and says, "You're good." I replied, "Yeah, I was thinking, hmm, Helter Skelter, CQ?" He replied, "Geez, you're good. I'm Jeremy."

sk8sue
05-28-2010, 12:04 PM
ARRGGHHHHHHH bloody Canadian network overrides - we did NOT get this! Is it posted somewhere? Can someone kindly give a detailed recap of what was shown?

I was looking for the crash scenes over the credits, too. Do you get the Space Network? Last night they had their premiere of the finale and they did show the images. It will be repeated this morning (at 9:30 in my area). You might also want to catch the show that follows, Inner Space, where they had a discussion of Lost for most of the show and showed some interview clips from cast members, mostly from during Season 1 but some recent, discussing what they thought was going on. There was a clip of JJ Abrams from during Season 1 where he said something along the lines of "whatever else happens it's really all about the characters". WRT constants, one of the hosts joked that "who knew that Claire's uterus was Kate's constant?"

One of the crash photos is near the top of this page (http://screenrant.com/lost-finale-explanation-kofi-61464/all/1/) where a fan is giving their interpretation of what happened. I haven't been able to read it all yet, but the beginning looks promising. Apparently memorabilia from the time at the beach is visible among the wreckage, although my tv isn't that big or high-def so I couldn't tell. There were no people visible in any of the images.

Glide2
05-28-2010, 07:04 PM
If you get a chance to see the 1957 movie Legend of the Lost with John Wayne, Sophia Loren, and Rossano Brazzi, watch it for the Lost tv show similarities. Maybe losties already know about this film. I just watched it this week. It has been on tv on the This movie channel.

It is set in the Sahara not a beautiful island. The Brazzi (Jack type) hires Wayne (Sawyer Type) to guide him to a place his father was last known to be. There is a love triangle with the Sophia Loren character (Kate). There are mysterious natives (others). There is even a well they go down with a rope and eerily flying black shadowy bats (a neutral version of the smoke monster). Also religion plays an important role and the theme of redemption. And there are ruins with ancient symbols. And the ending, who dies and who is rescued is similar to the Lost tv series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Lost

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050629/

Lorac
05-28-2010, 08:14 PM
It's reported that both season 6 standalone DVD and the complete set will both have the extra scenes.

Can't wait!

I do hope so as that would be so unfair to those of us who brought each season on DVD when it came out!!

Satellitegirl
05-28-2010, 08:23 PM

Can't wait!

good to hear!

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b183147_what_about_children_bomb_get_answers.html

Some more possible "answers"

and after almost a week....I'm tearing up again reading some of this stuff.

genevieve
05-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Looks like ABC is replaying the LOST finale tonight at 8pm, followed by the Jimmy Kimmel special. The finale is scheduled to run until 10:15, so hopefully that means FEWER DAMNED COMMERCIALS :P

Peaches LaTour
05-29-2010, 07:44 PM
That will make me sad. I know Matthew Fox and Josh Halloway will not be doing tv anytime soon. Daniel will be doing Hawaii 5-O (I don't know if that's a good thing or not). Can Jorge sing? Maybe he can be the new janitor on Glee.

Matthew Fox has retired from acting, owns a winery in Modesto, California, and is moving (with his family) to Portland, Oregon, where his mother and two brothers live.

C: Hey, kiddo.
J: Dad?
C: Hello, Jack.
J: I don't understand...you died.
C: Yes, I did.
J: Then, how are you here right now?
C: How are YOU here?
J: I died, too?
C: It's okay. It's okay, son (hug)
J: I love you, dad...are you real?
C: I sure hope so...yeah, I'm real. All those people in the church...they're real, too.
J: They're all...
C: Everyone dies sometime, kiddo. Some of them before you, some long after you.
J: Are they all here now?
C: Well, there is no "Now" here.
J: Where are we, dad?
C: This is a place that you--that you all made together--that you could find one another. The most important part of your life was the time you spent with these people. That's why all of you are here. Nobody does it alone, Jack. You needed them and they needed you.
J: For what?
C: To remember....and let go.
J: Kate--she said we were leaving.
C: Not leave--No--Moving on.
J: Where are we going?
C: Let's go find out.

Thanks for posting this - I could not remember exactly what they said to each other in the sanctuary.

My take on the finale is this:

Jack died after seeing the plane carrying Claire, Kate and Sawyer (three of the original characters) safely off the island. Jack always thought of himself as the person who had to "protect" others or make everything perfect for others and he felt that responsibility for all the original passengers/characters from Oceanic Flight 815.

The reason Dr. Shepard, Sr., was in the series, even though he was dead almost from the beginning, was because he and Jack still had issues they had to resolve between themselves before either one could move on so Christian stayed on the initial level after physical death and could not move on to the light until Jack, too, had died and they spoke the words (I love you) to each other which they did in the sanctuary in the finale. Also, the only reason why Jack was on board Flight 815 was to go and bring his father's body home which is when they finally resolve all their complicated history together, the final scene where they make peace with each other had to happen in the church where Christian's funeral was supposed to take place. The events that began with Jack getting on that plane to get dad's body, came full circle by returning there and going to the light together.

Jack died shortly after seeing the plane leave the island with Kate/Claire/Sawyer on board but he was not able to go to the light until all the original characters on board the flight, had also died (some of them many years later) because he felt he had to stay on the initial level to watch over them or protect them until they died.

Finally, when all of them were dead, they all came together in the church, waited for Jack and Christian to make peace with each other and they all went to the light together with Christian leading the way because he had been dead the longest and was not one of the characters who had experienced life on the island.

I think Vincent should have been in the church. This is my one disappointment with that scene. Dogs go to Heaven, too, and Vincent was one of the original characters.

The scene where Vincent came to be with Jack so Jack wouldn't have to die alone just broke me up. It was the most touching scene of the entire series, I think, and a brilliant stroke by whomever wrote it. However, why did they use a much younger, and thinner dog as Vincent in the last show? Clearly, that dog was not the original Vincent.

It never occurred to me that Ben wasn't ready to go to the light. I think he was not in the church because he was not one of those whom Jack loved. Ben was the enemy almost throughout the entire show and therefore not one of those whom Jack felt he had to "protect" so he didn't belong in the church.

It's been a fun six years. I cannot believe it is over. Boo hoo and goodbye to my fellow Losties!

Satellitegirl
05-30-2010, 02:57 AM
I'm totally watching the re-air.....Just noticed the stained glass windows in the "church" this time. There are 6 different religious symbols on it. Well....5 and a yin and yang.

walei
05-30-2010, 06:11 AM
I'm totally watching the re-air.....Just noticed the stained glass windows in the "church" this time. There are 6 different religious symbols on it. Well....5 and a yin and yang.

Ying Yang is actually also the symbol for Taoism ;)