PDA

View Full Version : LOST FINALE

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

PRlady
05-23-2010, 03:19 AM
Watching that pilot was a trip. Those six years went by more easily in real life than for the Losties, I've got to admit.

I didn't remember how loathesome Sawyer seemed in the first few episodes. He was definitely the stereotype redneck jerk. That character's evolution was one of the best of any on the show, I think.

And reading the subtitles made me realize just how much detail and plot there was, I couldn't even remember some of the things they alluded to. What a Chinese puzzle box of a show!

screech
05-23-2010, 09:11 AM
I've always wondered - why does Smokey make the weird animal-sounding noises (not the ticka-ticka ones) when he approaches angrily. If he snuck up quietly his kills would be much easier!

Did I just give killing tips to a smoke monster? I have issues.

And I posted in the True Blood thread, but during the True Blood promo that will be in the LOST finale, there will be some weird code thingie that you can go through a lot of high tech steps (http://www.trueblood-online.com/season-3/season-3-spoilers/exclusive-clip-from-season-3-to-be-shown-during-the-finale-of-lost/) to use to get a special peek at season 3 of True Blood (which starts June 13). All I know so far about the clip is that Alexander Skarsgård's impressive abs are involved (http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/05/21/alexander-skarsgard-shirtless/). And an FYI for those who don't know, Carrie Preston, Michael Emerson's wife, is in True Blood and played his mother on LOST.

It's so sad to think that LOST is ending. So many actors we had never heard of before became superstars, and sadly many will not have this success again. Just think, most of us had never heard of Henry Ian Cusick. Evangeline Lilly hadn't done anything before. Daniel Dae Kim's cheekbones (which I covet because of his hotness and their absolute amazingness) weren't as desired.

The show had its ups and downs, but man, if it hasn't been as entertaining as it has been insanely insane and frustrating.

Fergus
05-23-2010, 04:57 PM
My better half is so sassy, whilst I was out buying groceries for tonight's viewing soiree, he's been printing homemade "DHARMA" labels for almost everything in the apartment! :lol:

My bathroom, kitchen, and liquor cabinet look like Desmond's hatch! :rofl:

And here I thought I was the witty one, having "Hawaiian" pizzas on the menu with mai-tais served in retro tiki-like goblets. :D Sushi too! (We couldn't find boar cutlets......)

Bostonfan
05-23-2010, 05:06 PM
I think no matter what happens I'm going to take at least a year off and not watch anything related to LOST once the finale airs. Not my DVDs, not the syndicated airings, nothing. I want to take a break and then watch the entire series from start to finish. I think a little time and distance before revisiting the show as a whole will make it an interesting experience.

genevieve
05-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Did we ever figure out what the little black wisps of smoke were? They were all over the place first season? Could smokey send out bits of himself? :confused:
Are you talking about wisps that accompany the whispers? I know the whispers were explained as people who died on the island trying to communicate with the living...but I can't remember if wisps of smoke appear with them.

ETA: I looked on LOSTpedia and Smokey does in fact sometimes appear as wisps, so it's him, not the dead whisperers.

My better half is so sassy, whilst I was out buying groceries for tonight's viewing soiree, he's been printing homemade "DHARMA" labels for almost everything in the apartment! :lol:
That's so cool! :cheer2: to other half! :respec:

I am going to that LOST party at a local movie house, so I'll be celebrating with a couple hundred people I don't know.

BigB08822
05-23-2010, 05:52 PM
I am going to a friends tonight. She is making a bunch of dips and I am picking up pizza. I hope everyone enjoys the finale!!

Fergus
05-23-2010, 05:53 PM
I am going to that LOST party at a local movie house, so I'll be celebrating with a couple hundred people I don't know.

The group gasping! The screams of shock en masse!

I betcha people show up in costume, a la "Rocky Horror". :) Anyone got a spare DHARMA jumpsuit? ;)

sk8sue
05-23-2010, 06:54 PM
You guys should enjoy this video tribute, "I'll Never Be Lost Again" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iggE4ImYwyc&feature=email"), based on one of the musical themes from the show.

Enjoy tonight! I'm hoping to see some kind of reconciliation of the two timelines rather than one or the other being the "real" one, and of course Sawyer and Juliet will have that coffee.

genevieve
05-23-2010, 08:00 PM
omfg, that was great :rofl:

"we gotta become a better person, so we can get blowned up, or drowned, or shot like the rest of them" :P

Also a v. nice touch repeating Jack's "We gotta go BACK!" in the refrain :lol:

manhn
05-23-2010, 09:15 PM
It's so sad to think that LOST is ending. So many actors we had never heard of before became superstars, and sadly many will not have this success again. Just think, most of us had never heard of Henry Ian Cusick. Evangeline Lilly hadn't done anything before. Daniel Dae Kim's cheekbones (which I covet because of his hotness and their absolute amazingness) weren't as desired.

That will make me sad. I know Matthew Fox and Josh Halloway will not be doing tv anytime soon. Daniel will be doing Hawaii 5-O (I don't know if that's a good thing or not). Can Jorge sing? Maybe he can be the new janitor on Glee.

BigB08822
05-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Has anyone been a bit weary about checking Facebook and news sites today? LOL! I am so afraid of being spoiled at the last minute by some loser like those people who ruined the end of Harry Potter for all the fans in line to get the book. Hopefully no one really knows the end to be able to spoil!

genevieve
05-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Very few of my friends (FB or otherwise) watch LOST, but I'm staying away from the internet in general once the finale starts on the east coast.

tarotx
05-23-2010, 10:12 PM
I am impatiently waiting for the finale but not wanting it to end at the same time. I have loved this show since watching Jack's eye open in the pilot. I have loved very main character at one time or another (expect for Shannon and Ilana) and I will miss sweet Hurley, Des and of course Jack&Locke the most. I will miss my Kwon's and I will miss Sawyer's nick names and sarcasm.

dbell1
05-23-2010, 11:57 PM
I'll be off line most of tonight. Friends know to not call. Not a fan of having a 'Lost' party with friends since I'd rather watch the show with my son than deal with "AAAAGGGHHH" or other lucid comments. :lol:

tarotx
05-24-2010, 12:21 AM
I'm going to be completely a lone!! That's why I have to start a half hour late when my son goes to bed. Thank god for dvr!! My DBF knows to leave me a lone tonight!! My phone will be off and I won't go online until after the show ends. I should be caught up to regular time by then so in discuss mode unless I'm devastated which I've only ever been after the Angel Finale (though I loved the episode).