PDA

View Full Version : LOST FINALE

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Satellitegirl
05-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Maybe Walt wasn't there because he left the island and wasn't around for a good while, so didn't form that strong of relationships. Locke was the only one he really connected with...so I'm guessing he'd be more connected to his Mom. His Dad obviously is trapped on the Island.

Jenny
05-25-2010, 06:10 PM
The thing is, I don't believe they are all dead as of the moment Jack died, ie the end of our timeline sometime in 2007. There's no reason to think Ben and Hurley didn't survive for at least some time after that, especially given their conversation outside the church. Or that Rose, Bernard and Vincent didn't live, or that the plane carrying Frank, Kate, Miles, Sawyer, Richard and Claire didn't make it. Or that the babies Sun and Claire gave birth to in the actual timeline didn't grow up.

Christian said - some will die long after you. He also said this moment wasn't necessarily here or now - it was outside of time and space, beginning with the successful landing of Oceanic 815 and allowing a few days for everyone's consciousness to resolve its final issues and come together.

It might have been 2007 for everyone - with those still alive coming to an emotional state of peace, with the knowledge that their friends and those who passed before are also in a better state.

It might also be a different time for each person - at the moment of their own deaths, or sometime after, all coming together in this imaginary/made up time and place.

Satellitegirl
05-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I'd say the plane flying over makes it pretty obvious that they aren't all dead at that point and go on to live long...or at least longer lives. Then as they die they meet up in this place where there is no "time" and are together again.

Satellitegirl
05-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Another question....so was Charlie really Charles Widmore's son as well or was that one of those "they're there for a purpose in this sideways world to facilitate the meeting up with the other Losties" type of thing? I can't remember if we knew whether he was Widmore's son before or not...I'm guessing he isn't, but can't remember.

I was just thinking of Desmond working for Widmore in this sideways place.

Lorac
05-25-2010, 06:20 PM
Another question....so was Charlie really Charles Widmore's son as well or was that one of those "they're there for a purpose in this sideways world to facilitate the meeting up with the other Losties" type of thing? I can't remember if we knew whether he was Widmore's son before or not...I'm guessing he isn't, but can't remember.

I was just thinking of Desmond working for Widmore in this sideways place.

Was there ever a question that Charlie was Widmore's son? I don't ever recall that coming up before - in either Island or Sideways times. Daniel on the other hand was certainly Widmore's son in both Island time and Sideways time.

skatecat
05-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Charlie wasn't Widmore's son, but Daniel Faraday was Widmore's and Eloise's son.

Satellitegirl
05-25-2010, 06:33 PM
I thought Widmore was the one that wanted Desmond to take his "son" to the concert, or maybe I'm getting my wires crossed. Was he talking about Daniel? This was in the "sideways-verse" though. That's why I was asking....because I didn't think Charlie was Widmore's son.

And yeah I remember Daniel being their son.

Bostonfan
05-25-2010, 06:39 PM
I thought Widmore was the one that wanted Desmond to take his "son" to the concert, or maybe I'm getting my wires crossed.

Widmore wanted Desmond to take Charlie to his son's concert - meaning Daniel's concert.

Satellitegirl
05-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Ahhhh :) thank you. lol

Rob
05-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Yeah, I'd say the plane flying over makes it pretty obvious that they aren't all dead at that point and go on to live long...or at least longer lives. Then as they die they meet up in this place where there is no "time" and are together again.
That is how I interpreted it too. Claire, for example, might have died in her 80s or 90s -- many years later. As they died, they all collected in this place taking the form/age they were when they knew each other.

Civic
05-25-2010, 06:55 PM
All I want to know is...did they ever get off that damned island?

genevieve
05-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Claire, Lapidis, Miles, Sawyer, Kate and Richard did (and Aaron/Walt were already off the island of course)

Satellitegirl
05-25-2010, 07:02 PM
So I guess Juliet was just confused, when she died, thinking that the bomb had reset everything, when in fact she was already in the place where time didn't exist, "living" waiting for the others to join her. So she probably had a glimpse of it right as she was dying, and thought the bomb had worked.

Jimena
05-25-2010, 07:03 PM
We don't know if Hurley, Ben, Rose and Bernard ever left. And we don't know what happened to the rest of the Others- the ones that Faux-Locke didn't kill.

skatecat
05-25-2010, 07:05 PM
When Juliet said "it worked," it could be that she was already in Sideways world because I think she said "it worked" when the candy bar dropped in the vending machine. Followed, of course, by the coffee-dutch part.