PDA

View Full Version : LOST FINALE

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

scheherazade
05-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Did anyone else have a moment last night after the finale where they wondered, "Are we all dead???" :lol:

I loved it. Yes, there are still unanswered questions, but so does every great mystery in life. The final moments on the island were absolutely beautiful, and it's almost as if Vincent was the guide: in the pilot, he rushed by as if to wake Jack up and alert him that he had a job to do. In the finale, he laid down beside him as if to tell him that his job was done, his life had purpose, he can sleep now.

And like so many of you, I'm crying again. Dear god I love this show.

Bostonfan
05-24-2010, 07:47 PM
The final moments on the island were absolutely beautiful, and it's almost as if Vincent was the guide: in the pilot, he rushed by as if to wake Jack up and alert him that he had a job to do. In the finale, he laid down beside him as if to tell him that his job was done, his life had purpose, he can sleep now.

Awwwww! I love that interpretation!

On a sillier note: I keep thinking there's spin-off potential here. Turn it into a sitcom featuring Hurley and Ben and future castaways. They could call it, "Dude, Where are We?"

genevieve
05-24-2010, 07:50 PM
I'm still holding out for the Sawyer/Miles action cop show!

dbell1
05-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Awwwww! I love that interpretation!

On a sillier note: I keep thinking there's spin-off potential here. Turn it into a sitcom featuring Hurley and Ben and future castaways. They could call it, "Dude, Where are We?"

Or "Fantasy Island" since Sawyer once called Walt "Tattoo". :lol:

Was Holloway serious about Snakes on a Plane 2: Electric Boogaloo? :shuffle:

genevieve
05-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Was Holloway serious about Snakes on a Plane 2: Electric Boogaloo? :shuffle:
Unfortunately, I don't think so. I'd watch it!

poths
05-24-2010, 08:21 PM
This would have been perfect if Island life was in ANY way natural. But how can the Island be real if it was full of time travel, hatches, polar bears etc?

The only way I can figure this entire shit out is to see it as a ladder.

The crashed and died, all went to hell (Island) got out of that to purgatory (with a jaunt back to hell because they weren't quite ready?) - the sideways world and eventually to heaven.

I haven't waded through this thread, but how CAN the Island life be REAL? When by nature it's utterly SURreal?

Satellitegirl
05-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Well, there's some fiction involved. Science fiction even. Therefore the Island can very well be real within the confines of the story.

skatingfan5
05-24-2010, 08:52 PM
This would have been perfect if Island life was in ANY way natural. But how can the Island be real if it was full of time travel, hatches, polar bears etc?

I haven't waded through this thread, but how CAN the Island life be REAL? When by nature it's utterly SURreal?I figure that the island was as "real" as any setting for a fictional narrative with mythic/science fiction/fantasy/supernormal elements can be "real" (eg. X-Files). It was "real" because it was where the program's characters "really" lived and loved and died in their fictional lives (with returns to the off-island "real" world for some).

BTW, the Onion has broken the story of a possible seventh season of LOST (http://www.theonion.com/articles/lost-possibly-still-airing-in-parallel-dimension-d,17485/) -- running in a parallel/sideways dimension. ;)

Bostonfan
05-24-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm still holding out for the Sawyer/Miles action cop show!

Well there's always Hawaii 5-0 to see Jin! (Guess he really loves living there)

BTW, the look on the Sun and Jin's face when Sawyer introduced himself as a detective made me :lol:

Capella
05-24-2010, 09:41 PM
ZOMG, I was watching tonight at a Lost party at my friend's house - and the electricity CUT at 10:08!!!!!!

I first read that as 1:08 and thought--*perfect* time in Lost's world!

Rob
05-24-2010, 09:45 PM
I haven't waded through this thread, but how CAN the Island life be REAL? When by nature it's utterly SURreal?

Cause it's a show. ;)

Jenna
05-24-2010, 10:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M5-IK2vkZ0

I could watch it forever, and still be deeply engrossed in these four minutes of magic.

poths
05-24-2010, 11:00 PM
So I watched it again, and now I believe that they all died before the crash...but then none of them had created meaningful relationships or experiences in their real life, so before they have an after life, they are put on a plane and sent to an island that is a giver of experiences/relationships. These experiences proved more meanigful than their real lives, when they died on the island there experience was enough/complete and moved on to the sideways world and/or heaven?

le sigh, there are so many what about x,y,z moments from seasons past that just seem irrelevant and a waste of time now.

talulabell
05-24-2010, 11:17 PM
I hate crappy news reporting. :mad: From nbcphiladelphia.com, they feel that the ending was a disappointment to the "we-want-answers crows". While many questions may have been left unanswered, the questions they posed are just stupid:

Did all the otherworldly drama of the last half-dozen years occur in some spiritual dreamstate? Were the characters all acting out an eternal fable in a place resembling purgatory? Did they survive the crash, or was the entire tale comprised of the fleeting images that flash through the mind as life ebbs away?

<snip>

Many fans expected to learn nothing about polar bears and other small mysteries. Too bad after Sunday's show we can't even know for sure that the passengers on Oceanic 815 survived the original plane crash.

No.
No.
Yes, no!
We already know about the polar bear.
And, YES! the passengers did survive the original crash! They told us that over and over in the the Christian/Jack discussion.

Serious Paraphrasing...
"all that happened was real". "some died before you, some long after you". "the most important time of your life was spent with these people". "you all made this place so you could find eachother".

yes, there were some unanswered questions, but these were not them.

sk8sue
05-24-2010, 11:31 PM
the ratings (http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/24/ratings-for-lost-finale-are-sweet-dude/#more-100991)

I just rewatched the last four minutes from a youtube and what a perfect score with new permutations to the familiar themes and a light note for the usual beat at the end accompanying the title card.

Does anyone know where I can see how the closing credits were shown in the U.S. with still crash scenes? I'm mainly curious as to why this made some people believe that they all died in the original crash. Were the still shots of just the plane and no people? Or people lying unconscious or dead?