PDA

View Full Version : LOST FINALE

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Lorac
05-24-2010, 04:03 PM

The complete LOST DVD/BD is coming out on my birthday August 24th! That is so going to be my birthday present for myself!! Best yet, there will be 11 minutes extra for the finale episode!

I already have the previous 5 seasons on DVD so I hope the last season gets released by itself - with all the added bonuses as I'll be really po'ed otherwise!!!

manhn
05-24-2010, 04:06 PM
I assume all the kids - Claire's, Desmond/Penny's, Jin/Sun's are all living on somewhere.

We do see Aaron in the church with Claire and Charlie, so I gather Aaron had died at some point. We do not see Charlie Jr., Ji Yeon (only as a fetus), and Clementine. I would like to think Walt led those kids (maybe Aaron came along and then died along the journey) to the island, where Hurley then passed the torch to Walt. I want a Lost: The Next Generation!

Bev Johnston
05-24-2010, 04:12 PM
OK totally wacked out theory but as I said it works for me and helps me get over the loss I am feeling at the end of this show - I don't recall ever being sucked into a show so completely and caring so much about the characters.

I don't think this theory is crazy at all. Have you read "The Hundred Secret Senses" by Amy Tan? If not, you should.

The way I've been cheering myself up so as not to cry in public (and I've been doing this ever since Sun and Jin died) is to think of The Amazing Race when the ridiculous Duhtectives used binoculars and searched random coats. Other TAR fans know what I'm talking about. It really works like a charm every time!

Satellitegirl
05-24-2010, 04:26 PM
The Amazing Grace lyrics were once used in a commercial. The lyrics really do fit with the series well.

http://www.littleleaf.com/amazinggrace.htm

dbell1
05-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Have to share this - I work with a ton of "Losties". Some are new to the show, others have been watching since the pilot episode. Just about all of them have stopped by today to discuss the show and most are confused as to what it all meant. :lol:

Garden Kitty
05-24-2010, 05:38 PM
In case anyone missed Kimmel last night, here are the "alternate endings" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyKyjeRodd4)

love skating
05-24-2010, 05:52 PM
I loved reading this thread this morning. It helped explain a lot. I loved the finale up unto the point that I realized they're dead. I got confused about the sideways world. I wasn't sure if it was "purgatory" or "real", but reading everyone's thoughts I agree that it wasn't real. That's the part that confused me - like why did the things that happened in the sideways world happen (Jack's son, Juliet being his ex-wife, and all the other differences there vs. their original lives). And Eloise telling Desmond not to do it - that she'll lose her son. Did she want to live forever in this "purgatory world"? I wish we'd get some final answers from the creators, but I guess they'd like to leave things up to interpretation.

It's bothered me though today that I've heard from many sources (fan interviewed on TV, newspaper article and folks talking on the talk shows) that they died in the crash and were always dead. I don't believe that. Like many of you said I believe the island world was the real one and they died at different times.

Having had time to process it all, I do think it was a great finale. The reunions alone were beautiful and had me sobbing. Part of what bothered me last night was that I loved the sideways world and I wanted that to be reality I guess, so I was disappointed that much of that world wouldn't happen - Sun and Jin wouldn't get to be with their daughter, Jack wouldn't have a son, etc. But I'm okay with it now. And they did all look so happy at the end. Of course the end image was perfect. Anyway, despite all the questions over the years I've loved the six year ride - thanks LOST!

Bostonfan
05-24-2010, 06:01 PM
I honestly don't get how some people think that they all died in the original plane crash. What part of Christian saying "What happened, did happen" did they not understand? It's not a case of different interpretations IMO. To me it was pretty clear the writers were telling us the LOSTies did NOT die in the original crash.

Lorac
05-24-2010, 06:18 PM
I honestly don't get how some people think that they all died in the original plane crash. What part of Christian saying "What happened, did happen" did they not understand? It's not a case of different interpretations IMO. To me it was pretty clear the writers were telling us the LOSTies did NOT die in the original crash.

I agree- the writers more or less hit us over the head with that one. But some viewers point to the wreckage being shown over the final credits - with no people and (apparently) one set of footprints coming from it which they interpret as Jack's and him being the only survivor who dies in the jungle.

love skating
05-24-2010, 06:20 PM

I agree. I didn't mean that part was up for interpretation. That's why I said it bothered me that people keep saying they were dead from the beginning. I wish the creators would at least come out and set people straight about the fact that they weren't dead in the crash. That part of it was clear to me. Most of my questions come from the "purgatory" world as well as some of those age old Lost questions.

Garden Kitty
05-24-2010, 06:24 PM
If they all died in the crash and this was just a dream of Jack's - he has some messed up and complicated dreams.

dbell1
05-24-2010, 06:33 PM

Very easy to figure how some people got confused - the dead man who was always haunting his son at the beginning of the show, and then was inhabited by Smokey was back again.

Plus while leading up to Jack in the jungle, they showed us a sneaker in a tree, which I'm sure was in the pilot as well.

Considering the writers had originally killed off Jack in the original script, I don't really think they had this mapped out at all for a few season. Glad they finally went 'we're pulling the plug after season 6', otherwise we'd be dealing with more hatches, escaped zoo creatures, ghosts, hatches, donkey wheels, disappearing islands, and the mystery of WAAAALLLLLLLLT forever... :lol: Seasons 3 & 4 were really weak to me and 'button pushing' Locke of Season 2 never made sense.

manhn
05-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Seasons 3 and 4 were my favourite.

When you first watch the Christian Jack scene, people probably were still processing the fact that Jack was dead that they stopped paying attention to whatever else Christian said. There was a lot going on. I would hope that actual reviewers and journalists actually rewatched the ep at least 1 more time before they finished their article, though.

Rob
05-24-2010, 06:56 PM
I can live with the fact that the island has some kind of force within --it is magical and mysterious, and there are no answers to a lot of the questions. But I was really hoping for some of those reunions so it was enough for me even if it had to be in death.

Satellitegirl
05-24-2010, 07:23 PM
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/24/final-lost-one-for-the-ages/?hpt=C2

recap on CNN