PDA

View Full Version : Warrant Issued for Lindsay Lohan

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

skipaway
05-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Lawyer says Lindsay lost her passport and could not return to the US for her Thurs. hearing. Because she was a no-show, the judge issued an arrest warrant. Time for her to do some time.

Warrant Issued (http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/05/20/lindsay.lohan.arrest/index.html?hpt=T2)

Cosmic Connect
05-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Lawyer says Lindsay lost her passport and could not return to the US for her Thurs. hearing. Because she was a no-show, the judge issued an arrest warrant. Time for her to do some time.

Warrant Issued (http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/05/20/lindsay.lohan.arrest/index.html?hpt=T2)

Love it!

BigB08822
05-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Apparently she had no reason to even be in Cannes, as the film she claims to have been there to promote has not even secured rights to the name of the person it is about.

talulabell
05-20-2010, 07:01 PM
I just saw this. I dont get it. what the heck makes her think she is so above everything. Has no one told her she's a two-bit, no tallent, strung out, hack? No? Why is she even in Cahn? Really... would her promoting a film really help it???

tarotx
05-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Plenty of people have told her she's a two-bit, no talent, strung out, hack. As I'm sure plenty of people kiss her ass. I think what she needs is for people to care enough about her for her to see that getting help will be a better option then partying 24-7 and wasting a young life.

michiruwater
05-20-2010, 07:29 PM
The thing is, I don't think she's completely untalented. She's showed promise before and done a good job when she wasn't a complete failsauce of a person. I think she really could have been something, but I don't think we'll ever know.

What does two-bit even mean??

mikey
05-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Good.

GarrAarghHrumph
05-20-2010, 07:57 PM

Back in the olden days, "two bits" was 25 cents. It became slang for what I'd refer to as "a paltry sum" - in other words, something worth only two bits isn't worth much. It's cheap.

Beefcake
05-20-2010, 08:08 PM
I hate getting old. I only opened this because I read it "Warrant Issued for Lindsay Vonn" ... i.e. someone who is actually relevant and whose arrest would be surprising. :shuffle:

Anyway, jailtime is probably the best thing that could happen to this woman. (As long as her :yikes: family is denied visiting privileges)

Rex
05-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Anyway, jailtime is probably the best thing that could happen to this woman. (As long as her :yikes: family is denied visiting privileges)

This. She needs to hit bottom. It'll happen. :shuffle:.

This girl has had the worst parents I've seen in recent memory too. They need to do a little tough love, as soon as they put their booze down too.

escaflowne9282
05-20-2010, 08:20 PM
I hate getting old. I only opened this because I read it "Warrant Issued for Lindsay Vonn" ... i.e. someone who is actually relevant and whose arrest would be surprising. :shuffle:

Would really she get jailtime though? Bench Warrants normally just end up with people being taken into a holding cell until they post bail. At least, that's how it worked when my (now ex) boss was arrested a few months back.

GarrAarghHrumph
05-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Would really she get jailtime though? Bench Warrants normally just end up with people being taken into a holding cell until they post bail. At least, that's how it worked when my (now ex) boss was arrested a few months back.

Not showing up for the court date caused the judge to violate her probation. When you're on probation, not showing up for a meeting, including a court date, is considered extremely serious. She'll have a probation violation hearing, and then she'll either get an extension to her probation, get additional things required of her re: probation, and/or be incarcerated.

overedge
05-20-2010, 09:08 PM
At least, that's how it worked when my (now ex) boss was arrested a few months back.

Whaaaat? Do tell.

LynnW
05-20-2010, 09:28 PM
This. She needs to hit bottom. It'll happen. :shuffle:.

Hopefully, she will hit bottom because the alternative with her seems to be that she'll end up killing herself.

She actually makes me sad because IMO she does (did?) have talent and she had the opportunities .... and then she squandered it all.

I'm not trying to defend her or make people sorry for her but what a waste.

cruisin
05-20-2010, 10:28 PM

What GarrAarghHrumph said, faster than me :D

Not showing up for the court date caused the judge to violate her probation. When you're on probation, not showing up for a meeting, including a court date, is considered extremely serious. She'll have a probation violation hearing, and then she'll either get an extension to her probation, get additional things required of her re: probation, and/or be incarcerated.

What will be an even bigger problem for her is that the Cannes police say that she did not report her passport stolen or missing. The girl needs serious rehab, not the country club, kiss ass excuses for rehab places she's been to in the past.