PDA

View Full Version : Warrant Issued for Lindsay Lohan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

DickButtonFan
07-08-2010, 12:12 AM
I have made similar comments about men, so it's your loss for not having seen them. You only have just 123 posts under your belt and so are new here--telling people what they should and should not say on this forum is not the wisest strategy. Especially since you don't appear to understand that we discuss celebrities, including figure skaters down to the littlest detail here on FSU.

I never said people have to say certain things. It was just my opinion like every one else.

I understand people discuss celebs here to detail. All I did was write my offense to those who find it not ok for a woman to look older than she is or complain about her skin. I just didn't find it appropriate nowhere did I say you must from now on stop saying what you want nor would I ever suggest that.

IceAlisa
07-08-2010, 12:35 AM
If you are offended by something like this, may be you should reconsider posting on/reading FSU. During the skating season things get a lot uglier.

numbers123
07-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Lousy parents can have good kids; good parents can have lousy kids.

:respec:

I don't believe they can, at least not in the majority of cases (pretty much everything, including good parenting techniques works in a bell-shaped curve so it's going to be benefit most people but never everyone).

Pretty much everyone considers themselves to be a good parent or at least thinks they've done all they could and tried their best, but in most cases if you looked from outside, it would be pretty easy to pinpoint the mistakes.

and you are a parent and know this first hand? :rolleyes: And are you even old enough to have parented a teenager/young adult?

That's because it's a much more complex process than that, with all the parent-parent-children-environment interactions.

But still, I think the biggest problem is people having no clue about parenting whatsoever and very limited self-awareness.

I find it shocking that parenting (as well as social skills in general) isn't taught at school. It definitely would be more useful than 90% of the academic subjects. :P

Parenting is a complex process, much more so than people without children think. Parenting is not like spelling, where there is one or two correct ways to spell. Not like addition or subtraction, not a black or white decision tree. I am not going into some of my experiences because there are people who think I don't let go of my children's lives, but I can also tell you that children do make their own choices. And not the ones you would want them to make.

I agree that some parenting concepts could be taught. I also agree that it is likely that Lindsay's parents did not adequately parent their child. Parenting teenagers is difficult and if that teenager holds the money purse, the typical discipline/guidance was thrown out the window. What teenager hasn't said, I will declare myself emancipated? Or you are not the boss of me? and in Lindsay's case, she most likely was the boss over her parents because of the income.

Lindsay will change when she has the motivation to change, not when the judge tells her she needs to, not when she serves jail time, not even if she looses all of her money/source of income. If and only when she makes that decision.

cruisin
07-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Look how Lindsey painted her nails for court. She has fu** u on her third finger. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Finger nail explicative (http://www.accesshollywood.com/lindsay-lohans-courtroom-fingernail-expletive_article_34269)

And this goes a long way toward showing just how immature Lindsey is. The way she dressed and the nails were hardly the right image for a young woman going to court.

Lindsay will change when she has the motivation to change, not when the judge tells her she needs to, not when she serves jail time, not even if she looses all of her money/source of income. If and only when she makes that decision.

All anyone can hope for is that the experience of jail or extended rehab (in a place that doesn't coddle her) will heal her want to get well. I sincerely hope that whoever makes the decision re: the rehab facility, does their homework.

hydro
07-08-2010, 01:07 AM
If you are offended by something like this, may be you should reconsider posting on/reading FSU. During the skating season things get a lot uglier.

I didn't realize you were the FSU spokes-person or even a moderator :confused:

As for Lindsay Lohan, the court ordered rehab is the best thing for her, IMO...and will probably do wonders for her skin.

DickButtonFan
07-08-2010, 01:15 AM

Thanks but I never said I couldn't handel it I state my opinion and move on lol.

Norlite
07-08-2010, 01:18 AM
I state my opinion and move on lol.

If you move on you don't belong on FSU either. :P

essence_of_soy
07-08-2010, 01:20 AM
I watched The Parent Trap again last night, reminding myself of what a charming little actor Lohan was.

As an adult, yes, it is her responsibility to make conscious choices. But, there just seemed to be no structure or boundaries in her upbringing; her parents constant fighting, the public shaming and Dina partying with her no less.

Will doing time be a wake - up call. Who knows?

cruisin
07-08-2010, 01:21 AM
If you move on you don't belong on FSU either. :P

:rofl:

IceAlisa
07-08-2010, 01:42 AM

Why would you think that? Is there a rule of some kind that allows such suggestions to be made by designated persons only? FSU gets extremely snarky, so the logical suggestion was to let it be known to the new poster lest their delicate sensibilities be offended 100x over. :saint:

If you move on you don't belong on FSU either. :P :rofl:

Prancer
07-08-2010, 02:08 AM

This place is wall-to-wall with volunteer mods.

The correct reply to any and all is "Piss off."

jtpc
07-08-2010, 02:43 AM
Saw something on twitter that made me laugh...Lindsay will get one tweet from prison, so let's hope she uses it wisely. :P

cruisin
07-08-2010, 03:07 AM
This place is wall-to-wall with volunteer mods.

The correct reply to any and all is "Piss off."

Aren't the "bolded" mods volunteer? This is not a paying job, is it? :P

Prancer
07-08-2010, 03:31 AM
Aren't the "bolded" mods volunteer? This is not a paying job, is it? :P

I would say it was more a matter of being drafted. And as my former chair used to like to say, we are all paid in spiritual income, which is a form of wealth beyond mere money.

jeffisjeff
07-08-2010, 04:21 AM
Can you imagine the discussions, here, over that?:eek::scream:

We don't have to imagine. We've had all kinds of variants of the what makes a good parent debate. :eek: and :scream: indeed.