PDA

View Full Version : Warrant Issued for Lindsay Lohan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

PrincessLeppard
07-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Same here. A lot of people who never even met her act as if she ran over their puppy.

She got to date Jared Leto and I didn't. :drama:

Of course, he was fat at the time, so I guess it all evens out.... ;)

DickButtonFan
07-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Now we have to suggest she get surgery? Fix her skin? Would you say this about a man because I never see posts like this when it comes to men. We don't know lindsey so we have no idea what she is really doing to her face or for her health, it should not matter what she looks like. I can see why it sucks to be a celeb people just sit and analyze how you look.

milanessa
07-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Now we have to suggest she get surgery? Fix her skin? Would you say this about a man because I never see posts like this when it comes to men. We don't know lindsey so we have no idea what she is really doing to her face or for her health, it should not matter what she looks like.

Well, we know how to spell her name. Does that count?

DickButtonFan
07-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Well, we know how to spell her name. Does that count?

Not really.

MOIJTO
07-07-2010, 10:34 PM
I don't believe they can, at least not in the majority of cases (pretty much everything, including good parenting techniques works in a bell-shaped curve so it's going to be benefit most people but never everyone).

Pretty much everyone considers themselves to be a good parent or at least thinks they've done all they could and tried their best, but in most cases if you looked from outside, it would be pretty easy to pinpoint the mistakes.

That's why I'm never going to have children. It's way too scary and far too much of a responsibility with a lot of potential to go pear-shaped. Philip Larkin was totally right. :P

That's because it's a much more complex process than that, with all the parent-parent-children-environment interactions.

But still, I think the biggest problem is people having no clue about parenting whatsoever and very limited self-awareness.

I find it shocking that parenting (as well as social skills in general) isn't taught at school. It definitely would be more useful than 90% of the academic subjects. :P

You are obviously not a parent so you have no clue!

Brandi_DeLain
07-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Well, I hope this is a wake-up call for her. The jail time will likely be minimal, but I'm hoping the 90 day rehab makes a difference. I can't help but feel sorry for her. Addiction of any kind is a bastard to kick, even if you have a solid support network. One of my good friends fought these same demons and lost. I wish Lindsay nothing but the best.

soxxy
07-07-2010, 10:48 PM
I kind of felt bad for Lindsay's lawyer. Her client is a trainwreck, yet she has to fight for her. I thought she did a great job as a defense attorney, given what she had to work with. She was very well-spoken and professional. The prosecutor seemed scattered and many times lost or ill-prepared. The judge seemed a little more lenient with her, though, denying more of Lindsay's lawyers objections than the other way around.

I felt badly for Attorney Holly as well. She was interesting to watch. She's doing the best she can for her client, but Lindsay cannot even sit still, talking to people in the gallery while the judge was speaking, fidgeting, asking her lawyer questions while her lawyer is trying to listen to the judge, coming to court with whatever was painted on her finger, etc. I had a feeling this woman was relieved the matter was settled, even it was not in her client's favor.

mrr50
07-07-2010, 11:03 PM
I felt badly for Attorney Holly as well. She was interesting to watch. She's doing the best she can for her client, but Lindsay cannot even sit still, talking to people in the gallery while the judge was speaking, fidgeting, asking her lawyer questions while her lawyer is trying to listen to the judge, coming to court with whatever was painted on her finger, etc. I had a feeling this woman was relieved the matter was settled, even it was not in her client's favor.

Lohan acts like someone with a drug addiction. might be another reason, but

cruisin
07-07-2010, 11:16 PM
If I ever have boys, I rather they be figure skaters myself, ;)

You knew I was kidding, right? :lol:
Though, I do have a boy, and he did play hockey. Ultimately, hockey is less brutal than figure skating.

First there would have to be some sort of consensus on the definition of "good parenting." Good luck with that one. Everyone can agree on certain extremes, but the devil is always in the details.

Can you imagine the discussions, here, over that?:eek::scream:

Yeah, I don't get the vindictiveness some people feel for Lindsay. While addicts hurt other people with their behavior, they still hurt themselves the most--and she hasn't done anything to hurt the people commenting on her on the internet.

A lot of that is because people still believe that addicts choose to be addicts.

Actually what I had in mind is not just skin care but non-surgical procedures such as microderm abrasion or laser resurfacing--you look like a burn victim for a few days but the new skin is great. It helps women who are and look a lot older than LL. I have been too chicken to try it myself.

OT, but can that level of skin injury cause skin cancer?

Whatever jail time she serves won't be enough to sober her up, but instead it will allow her to see herself as a victim.

That would truly be unfortunate. But, yes, I can see her feeling that way. Hopefully the rehab will force her to understand what will happen to her, if she continues.

Those mannerisms are quite typical of addiction.

IceAlisa
07-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Now we have to suggest she get surgery? Fix her skin? Would you say this about a man because I never see posts like this when it comes to men. We don't know lindsey so we have no idea what she is really doing to her face or for her health, it should not matter what she looks like. I can see why it sucks to be a celeb people just sit and analyze how you look.
I have made similar comments about men, so it's your loss for not having seen them. You only have just 123 posts under your belt and so are new here--telling people what they should and should not say on this forum is not the wisest strategy. Especially since you don't appear to understand that we discuss celebrities, including figure skaters down to the littlest detail here on FSU.

skipaway
07-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Look how Lindsey painted her nails for court. She has fu** u on her third finger. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Finger nail expletive (http://www.accesshollywood.com/lindsay-lohans-courtroom-fingernail-expletive_article_34269)

Norlite
07-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Stupid doesn't begin to describe it.

VIETgrlTerifa
07-07-2010, 11:39 PM
The only thing that offends me about her is that she thinks she can act.

Yeah yeah, I saw Mean Girls too and she was only adequate in it. Talent-wise, I think she peaked when she was 8.

Anita18
07-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Oh come on, everyone knows she's not going to spend more than a few hours in jail (if that).
Course not, but I think Lindsay was shocked that the judge actually sentenced her to jail.

I feel sorry for her. Obviously she doesn't have any friends or family she can trust to force her out of this mess.

jenny12
07-08-2010, 12:10 AM
Look how Lindsey painted her nails for court. She has fu** u on her third finger. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Finger nail explicative (http://www.accesshollywood.com/lindsay-lohans-courtroom-fingernail-expletive_article_34269)

Yes, very stupid. I did feel kinda sorry for her when she was crying in court, but geez. :rolleyes: