PDA

View Full Version : Warrant Issued for Lindsay Lohan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Capella
07-07-2010, 05:23 PM
The above though, made me a little uncomfortable. I agree with your point, that she was that she was probably upset that they would do this to her, rather than upset that she did what she did. But, is she really a "bad person". She is clearly troubled, but you don't have to be a bad person to get into trouble. And at this point in Lindsey's alcohol, drug, hard living life, how likely is it that she is making decisions that are even a little bit rational?I used the term "bad person" to imply someone who has broken the law (DUI/cocaine) and then violated parole. I'm not saying she isn't troubled. It's just that I get the impression that Lindsay doesn't think her actions are "bad" or wrong or worthy of punishment.

genevieve
07-07-2010, 05:30 PM
I kind of felt bad for Lindsay's lawyer.
I only watched the video of the verdict coming down, and I felt sorry for Lindsay's lawyer too. I hope that wasn't a new blouse that Lindsay immediately snivelled all over :shuffle:

I don't believe they can, at least not in the majority of cases ...

That's why I'm never going to have children.
That's probably a good thing. :scream:

IceAlisa
07-07-2010, 05:31 PM
I clicked through some pictures of the court and had to stop when LL started crying. She is obviously responsible for the situation but can't gloat over her misery.

But yes, to me she looked much older and worn out than her age. Her skin is sagging and her eyes are sunken in. However, if she leads a healthy life long enough she could be capable of looking her age--the magic regenerative power of youth.

VIETgrlTerifa
07-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Have boys :D They can play hockey. Then, instead of screwing up your kids, you can kill the fathers of the opposing team. :eek:

If I ever have boys, I rather they be figure skaters myself, ;)

orbitz
07-07-2010, 06:05 PM
But yes, to me she looked much older and worn out than her age. Her skin is sagging and her eyes are sunken in. However, if she leads a healthy life long enough she could be capable of looking her age--the magic regenerative power of youth.

Not if you've damaged your skin beyond the point of recovery outside of plastic surgery. Lindsay in her 20s will always look like a 35+ hard-smoking, mother of two living in a trailer park somewhere. (Ok I'm generalizing/stereotyping, but she looks old, and nothing but a surgeon scapel can fix her up now).

IceAlisa
07-07-2010, 06:23 PM
orbitz, you'd be surprised at the new skin rejuvinating technology these days that doesn't even involve a scalpel.

Prancer
07-07-2010, 07:42 PM
I find it shocking that parenting (as well as social skills in general) isn't taught at school. It definitely would be more useful than 90% of the academic subjects. :P

First there would have to be some sort of consensus on the definition of "good parenting." Good luck with that one. Everyone can agree on certain extremes, but the devil is always in the details.

I clicked through some pictures of the court and had to stop when LL started crying. She is obviously responsible for the situation but can't gloat over her misery.

Yeah, I don't get the vindictiveness some people feel for Lindsay. While addicts hurt other people with their behavior, they still hurt themselves the most--and she hasn't done anything to hurt the people commenting on her on the internet.

Wyliefan
07-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I don't get the vindictiveness some people feel for Lindsay.

Same here. A lot of people who never even met her act as if she ran over their puppy.

Norlite
07-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Not if you've damaged your skin beyond the point of recovery outside of plastic surgery. Lindsay in her 20s will always look like a 35+ hard-smoking, mother of two living in a trailer park somewhere. (Ok I'm generalizing/stereotyping, but she looks old, and nothing but a surgeon scapel can fix her up now).

I agree with IA, not a problem with a little HE skin care. She's only 24 for heavens sake, hardly beyond a little TLC

IceAlisa
07-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Actually what I had in mind is not just skin care but non-surgical procedures such as microderm abrasion or laser resurfacing--you look like a burn victim for a few days but the new skin is great. It helps women who are and look a lot older than LL. I have been too chicken to try it myself.

Combination of that, good skin care and a healthy lifestyle (a very big IF) could turn her around IMO. And she needs to stop doing that thing to her upper lip (http://www.imnotobsessed.com/files/legacy/2007/11/lip-injections-lindsay.jpg) (collagen injections?). Here you can see that her skin is hardly beyond repair, btw.

Norlite
07-07-2010, 08:57 PM
I've had lots of sun damage, not a drinker here, and good skin care, (peptides, AHA, BHA etc.) and clarisonic has smoothed my skin out like magic. I don't see the deep deep wrinkles on her needed for anything else.

YMMV

IceAlisa
07-07-2010, 09:03 PM
You are very lucky, Norlite. Not everyone can get away with just Clarisonic, especially past a certain age. Otherwise, dermatologists would not be raking it in the way they do.

Her skin looked a bit saggy and appears to be unevenly colored, something a laser would take care of in one treatment.

my little pony
07-07-2010, 09:06 PM
now if you can go turn something in PI into a skin care thread, I will truly be in awe of your powers

ArtisticFan
07-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Not to excuse what people have said regarding Ms. Lohan, as there is no real excuse for that type of rudeness.

But I often remember the saying, "To Whom Much Is Given... Much Is Required." She was given many opportunities for a wonderful life, including fame and fortune. While she has a messed up family, she has more opportunities to make something out of her life than average people. More than a few people in the world come from worse backgrounds or have worse to overcome. So I get the lack of sympathy for her.

Add to that her crimes. I have a lack of sympathy for anyone who drives drunk or under the influence of drugs. Having lost a very close friend to a drunk driver, I can't condone the behavior out of anyone. Celebs that drive drunk are even worse in my opinion. They are capable of paying for drivers, taxis, or even receiving a ride from their agents, friends, etc.

If she is suffering from an addiction or addictions, I feel for her. But I doubt that anything will help her until she is ready to help herself. Whatever jail time she serves won't be enough to sober her up, but instead it will allow her to see herself as a victim.

Good luck to her.

IceAlisa
07-07-2010, 09:11 PM
now if you can go turn something in PI into a skin care thread, I will truly be in awe of your powers

Well, I really tried to turn the Elena Kagan thread into a hair color discussion. :shuffle: