PDA

View Full Version : Warrant Issued for Lindsay Lohan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

loopey
07-07-2010, 02:41 AM
Oh come on, everyone knows she's not going to spend more than a few hours in jail (if that).
I agree with this.

Maybe she will fail to surrender on July 20th and then they can send "Dog the Bounty Hunter" after her. Since the media seems so captivated with her story, we could actually see her capture on reality tv. :P

Prancer
07-07-2010, 03:49 AM
Lindsey needs new parents. They should have nipped this in the bud when she was 18.

I agree that they should have at least tried to nip it in the bud, but what can you when your "child" is 18? She was legally an adult. She wasn't dependent on them financially. What hold could they have on her at that point? Even the best parents would have a hard time with that one.

Aussie Willy
07-07-2010, 03:56 AM
Look through these photos and you kind of get the picture and attitude (before).

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/gallery-e6frf9bo-1225888801479?page=1

loopey
07-07-2010, 04:05 AM
I agree that they should have at least tried to nip it in the bud, but what can you when your "child" is 18? She was legally an adult. She wasn't dependent on them financially. What hold could they have on her at that point? Even the best parents would have a hard time with that one.
Yes, once they're 18 not much can be done legally.

But I would say that partying, drinking, and hanging out in bars with your daughter probably isn't going to nip it in the bud either.

Off topic, but I wonder if US youth in general is just not as mature as we were at that age. Perhaps it's time to make the "legal" age 21 in the US. :saint:

UGG
07-07-2010, 04:27 AM

yeah that is true. I guess I mean her mother should not have supported her partying by joining her and should have attempted to keep her grounded and focused. She was not legally allowed to drink at that time, and her mother should not have encouraged it. Instead, she just made excuses for Lindsay over and over. She should have been more of a parent and less of a friend. yes Lindsay was 18 and yes she was financially independant but Dina was still the mother at the end of the day yet she never acted like it. But like you said who knows if it would have made a difference.

Coco
07-07-2010, 04:29 AM
I think Brit's dad went to jail or prison as well, but yeah, the Spears >> the Lohans as parents. Not saying much, though.

psycho
07-07-2010, 06:38 AM
Look through these photos and you kind of get the picture and attitude (before).

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/gallery-e6frf9bo-1225888801479?page=1

I don't judge people's attitude by pictures, and I've been out of the loop for a while and thus I am quite behind on the Lindsay saga, but having seen these pictures, boy or boy does the girl look rough! How old is she again? She looks like she's pushing 30, and for some reason I thought of her as early 20s. Is time flying fast or she's just been living in the fast-lane a little too long? And what happened to her lips?!:eek:

musicgurl
07-07-2010, 07:50 AM
She just turned 24 last week. And she's been plumping her lips off and on for a while. You can usually tell when she's just got them done because her lips look like they are going to fall of her face.

Rex
07-07-2010, 12:32 PM
It potentially could be the best thing for her.

MOIJTO
07-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Well how many times did Robert Downey Jr. go to re-hab and was "saved" by his friends and the court.

Its seems and I say this with trepidation, that Robert has repented his ways and is clean, but time will tell.

Everyone with addiction has the opportunity to turn the page, but as many have said they have to want it more than anything.

Lindsey needs to pay her dues, accept the punishment and hopefully move on to a better life for herself.

Holley Calmes
07-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Absolutely true-Robert Downey Jr. did an amazing turn-around, and I was so glad because he is truly a gifted artist. Lindsey is not. I don't think you can say that Robert succeeded and Lindsey probably won't because she doesn't have the same talents. But, perhaps Robert, being aware of his own success and potential, had more to "live for." Lindsey has a modicum of acting ability, but she's nowhere near Robert's world. Robert had potentially great acting parts waiting for him if he could clean up. Lindsey's career is probably over. I think it's going to take a miracle for this poor girl to get straight. And damn, those lips are just gross. However-the lips are temporary. The addictive personality is life-long.

But I hope for her sake she succeeds. She used to be just so beautiful back when she was a slightly curvy red head. I thought she was marvelous looking. Now....hagdom is around the corner, little one! If I had her original looks-that would be a reason to stay clean!

Satellitegirl
07-07-2010, 01:50 PM
I actually think Lindsay is a pretty good actress, but her personal life has over-shadowed and mucked up any ability to see it.

attyfan
07-07-2010, 02:15 PM
According to this, Lohan will serve less than a quarter of her sentence:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38106484/ns/today-entertainment/

According to the article, law enforcement said that the shortened time was applicable to all female non-violent offenders, due to budgetary constraints.

screech
07-07-2010, 02:23 PM
I think that the judge is the gossip universe's new hero for not giving in to Lindsay's fame. I do think that she wanted to do what it took to avoid jail, but I also think she thought who she was would save her and that while I think she was somewhat truthful in her pleas that it was also her best acting.

She has definitely lived hard the past few years. She looks to be approaching 40, as does her 15 year old sister. The Lohan parents definitely knew where their money came from and did whatever they could to placate Lindsay IMO. Not the best thing they could do for her.

Garden Kitty
07-07-2010, 02:44 PM
I saw the clips last night, and I'm surprised the judge didn't give her more time with Lindsay's babbling, insincere and arrogant defense of her actions. That and coming to court with F**K on your nails probably isn't a good idea. It's a pretty good sign that you've pissed off the judge when she gives you three times longer than the prosecutors requested.

However, given the situation in California's jails, it's likely she'll serve very little, if any, time and that won't have anything to do with being a celebrity.