PDA

View Full Version : Warrant Issued for Lindsay Lohan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19

numbers123
09-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Jail/prison time will not make her be clean, expect perhaps for the time she is there. I've said it before, she and only she can be the one who saves herself.

Until Lindsay decides she no longer wants to be a user, she will be a user. No amount of court ordered forced soberity will work. And if I was the AA meeting leader, I would have a difficult time having her in my group. I often wonder how my brother deals with the celebs in the AA groups in LA area. My brother has been sober for 30+ years and has been in the LA area for 20+ years, I would that sometime he has interacted with the celebs.

Sinclare
09-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Agree. I hope someone in her family sees that she is an addict and stops enabling her. I know she needs to admit she has a problem, but I hope that she get a mandatory 90 rehab- maybe then she can see it for herself. She looks so old for such a young girl...but she is one of a million girls in this country with an abuse problem, the difference is she is in the headlines :(

soxxy
09-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Lindsay was sentenced to jail this a.m. and was handcuffed immediatly - no bail - until a hearing on October 22.

We'll see.

tmz.com

Veronika
09-24-2010, 05:44 PM
I still don't understand why they let her out of rehab early--I could understand why she got out of jail early, since it was a non-violent crime. But obviously she needs a lot of help when it comes to her substance abuse issues.

Lacey
09-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Jailing her is exactly what the judge should have done. I can't wait to see how long it lasts. If the jail being too full sends her back to real life, then there is something very wrong with the justice system

heckles
09-24-2010, 07:16 PM
And if I was the AA meeting leader, I would have a difficult time having her in my group.

Anyone who is in a support group such as 12-step programs will tell you that the court-ordered attendees are a huge pain in the ass. They don't participate in the discussions, watch the clock all hour, roll their eyes about having to be there, and just want their court forms signed.

liv
09-24-2010, 10:21 PM
I didn't understand why she was let out from jail or rehab early either. Didn't they say she was doing well in rehab and that's why they let her out? I think it was something like that and I couldn't believe what I was reading.

This girl has lived a life beyond the norm for so long, that I really don't think she understands the real world and consequences of actions. She seems to always get away with things. I think her family enables her, certainly her mom seems to, and when those people aren't helping her see the problem with her life, then how she can figure it out on her own, messed up as she is?

I think some of these celebs need to move away from Hollywood and live quiet lives in seclusion or something for a period of time. I know that's not the solution either, but without temptation everywhere it would make it easier to accept a life without fame, drugs, paparazzi...So many famous people make it through their day without paparazzi everywhere, so it is possible to have fame and be private/normal.

I think Britney Spears is lucky that she had a family who basically forced her into treatment...and she had 2 boys to help motivate her to want to get better.

loopey
09-24-2010, 11:18 PM
I think Britney Spears is lucky that she had a family who basically forced her into treatment...and she had 2 boys to help motivate her to want to get better.I agree, but it may have been slightly easier to "force" her into treatment because she had a mental illness diagnosis. It is a bit more difficult to "force" an addict into treatment.

slicekw
09-25-2010, 01:05 AM
I agree, but it may have been slightly easier to "force" her into treatment because she had a mental illness diagnosis. It is a bit more difficult to "force" an addict into treatment.

Addiction is a mental illness and Lilo's been diagnosed. But, like the other major diseases, it's a terrible, insidious disease that takes buckets of dedication on the part of the addict. Maybe the fact that she went so quietly this time is a good sign.

soxxy
09-25-2010, 01:08 AM
Lindsay's attorney, Shawn Chapman Holley, is filing papers aruguing that Lindsay should have been allowed bail:

Holley claims the judge must grant bail in such a case -- and is asking Judge Patricia Schnegg, Assistant Supervising Judge for the L.A. County Criminal Courts, to vacate Fox's ruling

tmz.com

Lacey
09-25-2010, 03:50 AM
On appeal, bail was set, $300,000 and a leg bracelet, she'll be out tonight. Something about it being a misdemeanor.

talldrink
09-25-2010, 05:17 AM
Those "leg bracelets" or alcohol measuring devices are no joke! They buzz every 15 minutes or so and they're uncomfortable. They also pick up any alcohol that's ingested so she better watch hersef! If she can't get clean then the legal charges will keep coming!

DickButtonFan
09-25-2010, 01:09 PM
$300,000 for a failed drug test seems ridiculous.

mrr50
09-25-2010, 03:35 PM
$300,000 for a failed drug test seems ridiculous.

It's based on you might call 'the body of her work'.

UGG
09-26-2010, 04:42 PM
I agree, but it may have been slightly easier to "force" her into treatment because she had a mental illness diagnosis. It is a bit more difficult to "force" an addict into treatment.

Agreed. Britney was not an addict-at least not from what I have read. When she was taken away in the gurney there were no illegal substances found in her. I think she is just crazy.