PDA

View Full Version : Warrant Issued for Lindsay Lohan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19

michiruwater
07-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Cursive Q looks like a '2'. I write almost exclusively in cursive but I won't use a cursive Q because I never recognize it as a letter when I do. Stupidest letter ever...

cruisin
07-14-2010, 03:37 PM
The majority of people write fastest in a mix of cursive and print because both forms of writing have their inefficient elements. For example, even people who write in cursive all of the time will usually print letters that they don't use very often (in English, for example, cursive Q and Z are rarely seen) because otherwise they have to think about how to form the letters. Speed dictates using the form of a letter that is easiest to make, which is sometimes cursive and sometimes print. People who use strictly one or the other will write fastest in whatever form they use most often (and there is no statistically significant speed difference between printers and cursive writers) but will still usually be slower than those who use the hybrid forms.

Yes, and there are other letters that are sometimes printed in cursive. Eg., the first letter of a word that starts with a t or s. I always do a stick t and cross it with a front tail of the next letter. But t's in the middle of the word are as cursive is supposed to be. Same with s's. I print first letter s, but the ones in the middle are cursive.

michiruwater
07-14-2010, 03:43 PM
I lurve cursive S. I always do it cursive.

cruisin
07-14-2010, 03:54 PM
I lurve cursive S. I always do it cursive.

I like the upper case S. I will start words with those. But l/c s, is printed. Again, I think a lot of the way I write is due to doing hand Greeking type for layouts and calligraphy. Sometimes it print straight up and down, sometimes I print in italics. It's about variety :lol:

bobalina77
07-14-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm totally random when it comes to how I write. I rarely do things the same way and there is probably a pattern if I really look at it but it's not overly noticeable to me. I would like to take a sample of my writing in to a professional just to see what they say aboutr me.

Latte
07-15-2010, 03:19 AM
Cursive Q looks like a '2'. I write almost exclusively in cursive but I won't use a cursive Q because I never recognize it as a letter when I do. Stupidest letter ever...

I never use a cursive Q either. Just doesn't look right and takes longer to write.
I am another one who writes in a combo of both printing and Cursive.
And I thought I was the only one!:)

ArtisticFan
07-15-2010, 04:25 AM
I never use a cursive Q either. Just doesn't look right and takes longer to write.
I am another one who writes in a combo of both printing and Cursive.
And I thought I was the only one!:)

One of my first roommates was a girl named Quiana. She is probably the only person I know who uses a cursive Q.

milanessa
07-15-2010, 04:29 AM
One of my first roommates was a girl named Quiana. She is probably the only person I know who uses a cursive Q.

I'm trying to remember the last time I started a sentence with a Q. :lol:

michiruwater
07-15-2010, 04:43 AM
"Quite right!" said he, tilting his fabulous glasses just so.

Norlite
07-15-2010, 04:48 AM

Doesn't need to be the start of a sentence.

Being the good little Commonwealth citizen I am, when I think of a capital Q, I think of the Queen.

milanessa
07-15-2010, 04:49 AM
"Quite right!" said he, tilting his fabulous glasses just so.

Of course!

milanessa
07-15-2010, 04:52 AM
Doesn't need to be the start of a sentence.

Being the good little Commonwealth citizen I am, when I think of a capital Q, I think of the Queen.

Trying to remember the last time I wrote Queen or Quentin or... or... okay, I'm stuck.

Moto Guzzi
07-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Quidditch is a wizarding sport played on broomsticks, according to the Harry Potter books. ;)

screech
07-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Trying to remember the last time I wrote Queen or Quentin or... or... okay, I'm stuck.

Weirdly, I just tried writing out upper case Q words, and for all I used the printing form, except for Quentin, for which I automatically used cursive. And it made me think... I swear I saw a movie or TV show or something where some one said 'who's 2entin?'

Capella
07-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Quite the thread drift, eh? Quirkly people on this board, I guess. Quantifying the number, however, would be difficult.