PDA

View Full Version : Warrant Issued for Lindsay Lohan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19

mikemba
07-11-2010, 06:21 AM
THAT'S NOT TRUE! MY NAME IS REALLY LOOPEY.

Too funny!:lol:

screech
07-11-2010, 09:35 AM
LiLo is now trying to get a lawyer to agree to work with her so she can appeal the ruling. If she is able to appeal it will be another 6 months to 1 year until she has to go to jail (reports say there's no way her appeal will be granted, but just going through the motions allows her more time).

UGH! Lindsay. You effed up. Repeatedly. You don't take responsibility for your actions. You deserve it, so shut the hell up and just do it and get it over with. AURGH!

MOIJTO
07-11-2010, 01:30 PM
What about those of us who intersperse printing and cursive in a seemingly random manner?

I do this all the time...and yes its because I am in a hurry to get whatever I am writing done, I also abbreviate in a short hand that I can understand.

IceJunkie
07-11-2010, 05:46 PM
I totally learned cursive, I just rarely use it. I kind of do a half print/half cursive thing.

cruisin
07-11-2010, 06:01 PM
I write in cursive, if it's only for me to read. While my cursive can be type font perfect, I am usually in a hurry when I write in cursive and it is mostly illegible. If I am writing something that someone else has to read, or something that I need to be organized, I print - very neatly :lol: I tend to write in all upper case for important items and u/l for less important items. I always address envelopes all upper in print. I print when writing checks, only signature is cursive (or rather some squiggly line :lol:).

Anita18
07-13-2010, 05:48 AM
Very easy, and not at all intense, if you are an artist.

You all are making more of this than it probably is. If Lohan has had some design training, printing like that is not a big deal. I can write cursive or print in so many ways that most people would not believe the same person wrote it. I'm a graphic artist, that is part of what I do. Writing, printing, type is a design element, I change it on a whim or a mood. I am competent in calligraphy, it's an art form. Lindsay has some design background, it is not unusual for someone who has, to print like that.
I must be a terrible artist, because I have terrible handwriting. :lol:

Most of it can be attributed to my brain working faster than my hand. I'm usually in a hurry and don't take the time to make my handwriting neat. :shuffle: It's actually fairly neat if I put some effort into it. When I'm note-taking during a lecture, though, that flies out the window. :lol:

I always assumed that people with neat handwriting (or good drawing skills) acted quickly, but through some observation, it's clear why their handwriting or drawing is so good. They take their time with it. :)

Coco
07-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Absolutely ludicrous! They keep saying that she was treated more harshly than anyone else would have been. That's crap! Mary or John Smith would have gotten far worse, far sooner. She was given the benefit of the doubt more times than she should have been. Now, after continuously giving the finger (nail pun intended) to the courts, she is being tortured? Treated inhumanely? I know she is sick, but Kasey, you're right - she needs to get over herself.

Actually, the prosecutors' were asking for 30 days, and the judge gave 90. That's not unheard of, but it's not normal either.

cruisin
07-13-2010, 03:11 PM
I must be a terrible artist, because I have terrible handwriting. :lol:

Most of it can be attributed to my brain working faster than my hand. I'm usually in a hurry and don't take the time to make my handwriting neat. :shuffle: It's actually fairly neat if I put some effort into it. When I'm note-taking during a lecture, though, that flies out the window. :lol:

I always assumed that people with neat handwriting (or good drawing skills) acted quickly, but through some observation, it's clear why their handwriting or drawing is so good. They take their time with it. :)

When I was in school and taking notes in lecture, my hand writing was very sloppy. When I jot a few notes down from a phone message or from some other source where I have to write quickly, so I don't miss something, it's messy. Then, if it's something that I need to organize and keep, I will copy it more slowly and print. I like structure and I always think graphically. Even when writing an e mail, it bothers me to leave one word on the last line. That is a typesetting no, no. It's ingrained :lol: I do think that many people who write or print very neatly are making art, not writing.

Actually, the prosecutors' were asking for 30 days, and the judge gave 90. That's not unheard of, but it's not normal either.

But, I don't think she was being made an example. I think that any regular person, who exhibited the same lack of respect and control would have gotten the same thing. Even the little thing of her fingernail. She was going to court, even if she did not intend for it to flip off the court, she should have taken it off. Even the way she was dressed and her bored/annoyed to be there attitude effected her sentence. She clearly has no clue.

Capella
07-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Would it be unreasonable for a judge to ask for 90 days *knowing* that actual time behind bars would be a fraction of that? So if the "goal" of incarceration was 30 days, giving 90 might possibly get Lindsay in jail for 20-30 days once the early release/overcrowding is factored in?

MacMadame
07-13-2010, 10:12 PM
She got to date Jared Leto and I didn't. :drama:

So, then, in effect, she did run over your puppy. ;)

Ozzisk8tr
07-14-2010, 05:41 AM
http://celebrities.ninemsn.com.au/Blog.aspx?&blogentryid=670652&showcomments=true

How's this for an attention grabbing headline...
I actually laughed a tiny bit. Not that I'm condoning rape at all...

Angelskates
07-14-2010, 07:47 AM
http://celebrities.ninemsn.com.au/Blog.aspx?&blogentryid=670652&showcomments=true

How's this for an attention grabbing headline...

Disgusting.

millyskate
07-14-2010, 09:07 AM
I jolly well hope cursive is NOT a dying art.... Writing in seperate letters I find (literally) painful and extremely slow. Cursive is a much faster, smother process for me but then I'm French :shuffle:

screech
07-14-2010, 09:29 AM
I prefer printing but I always seem to do the combination of both printing and cursive. I also change my 'a' quite a bit, from the type in this font, to the simple circle and a stick one. Every few months I flip flop back and forth between the two. Weird, I know.

Prancer
07-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Cursive is a much faster, smother process for me but then I'm French :shuffle:

The majority of people write fastest in a mix of cursive and print because both forms of writing have their inefficient elements. For example, even people who write in cursive all of the time will usually print letters that they don't use very often (in English, for example, cursive Q and Z are rarely seen) because otherwise they have to think about how to form the letters. Speed dictates using the form of a letter that is easiest to make, which is sometimes cursive and sometimes print. People who use strictly one or the other will write fastest in whatever form they use most often (and there is no statistically significant speed difference between printers and cursive writers) but will still usually be slower than those who use the hybrid forms.