PDA

View Full Version : Warrant Issued for Lindsay Lohan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

ArtisticFan
07-11-2010, 01:29 AM
And what is her "turn in date" about? In most cases I see, the person is taken into custody immediately or within 48 hours. :yikes:

Originally, the judge said she would be taken into custody immediately. However, agreed when her now ex-lawyer said she needed the two weeks to get things in order including acting commitments, etc.

Norlite
07-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Originally, the judge said she would be taken into custody immediately. However, agreed when her now ex-lawyer said she needed the two weeks to get things in order including acting commitments, etc.

Ugh,

Just lost all respect for this judge.

attyfan
07-11-2010, 02:42 AM
Ugh,

Just lost all respect for this judge.

Why? It is not uncommon for judges to allow time to "get things in order" when good cause is shown (i.e., need to arrange for child care, etc.)

Norlite
07-11-2010, 02:44 AM
Why? It is not uncommon for judges to allow time to "get things in order" when good cause is shown (i.e., need to arrange for child care, etc.)

We're not talking child care.

Or acting jobs, for that matter. And even if we were, how many people get to give 2 weeks notice at their jobs after a history of ignoring bench warrants such as hers?

Lacey
07-11-2010, 03:13 AM
To me, the fact that Lindsey printed her personal report of the day's legal events means that she never learned to do cursive or to use it, which is something taught in middle school, I believe. Perhaps she was home schooled or tutored and never learned. But more likely, her perfect printing is a control issue, as if to say, I have control over this situation, when, in fact, we all know that she does not have control over anything in her life.

I would like to mention the bags under her eyes in all of the pictures. No 24 year old in good health would look like that. She is not sleeping or eating correctly, or she is drugging in a big way, or all three.

The fact that Lindsay talked out loud, to her attorney--but mostly to herself because I think even her lawyer was embarrassed at her behavior, all throughout her hours in court, even over the judge's banter and decisions, speaks reams about Lindsay's lack of respect for others and for those in authority. This over-talking could have been the result of the Adderall.

The nail polish, her outfit, all of this screams help. If she gets out of jail like Paris Hilton did, in hours instead of days or weeks, then she will fail again and again. And I wonder if she will run from rehab too.

Prancer
07-11-2010, 03:31 AM
To me, the fact that Lindsey printed her personal report of the day's legal events means that she never learned to do cursive or to use it, which is something taught in middle school, I believe.

Such things vary, but here, cursive is taught in third grade and the kids are allowed to use it or not as they see fit thereafter. Most print, as printing is faster and is also more familiar to them, as they rarely see or use cursive for anything other than signatures. Many believe that cursive is a dying art. (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/09/national/main557572.shtml Some schools don't teach cursive at all any more..)

In general, people who print, especially if it is neat printing, are focused on accuracy, precision, and clarity.

People who write all in capital letters are considered self-protective and attempting to conceal themselves from others. Everything about her writing, in fact, indicates someone who is emotionally closed and determined to be in control.

loopey
07-11-2010, 04:11 AM
People who write all in capital letters are considered self-protective and attempting to conceal themselves from others.
THAT'S NOT TRUE! MY NAME IS REALLY LOOPEY.

IceAlisa
07-11-2010, 04:13 AM
Many believe that cursive is a dying art. (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/09/national/main557572.shtml Some schools don't teach cursive at all any more..)

That's too bad because it turns out doing cursive is good for brain development.

Prancer
07-11-2010, 04:18 AM
That's too bad because it turns out doing cursive is good for brain development.

That explains much. I've always printed unless forced to use cursive. :P

IceAlisa
07-11-2010, 04:23 AM
That explains much. I've always printed unless forced to use cursive. :P

I've always used cursive (printing was not an option in the old country) and what happened to my extra brain development? :duh:

jeffisjeff
07-11-2010, 04:42 AM
What about those of us who intersperse printing and cursive in a seemingly random manner?

Prancer
07-11-2010, 04:48 AM
What about those of us who intersperse printing and cursive in a seemingly random manner?

Common; not terribly significant by itself. Usually just means you are in a hurry to get done and are not thinking so much about what you are writing as you are about getting to the next thing.

attyfan
07-11-2010, 04:52 AM

Or acting jobs, for that matter. And even if we were, how many people get to give 2 weeks notice at their jobs after a history of ignoring bench warrants such as hers?

Probably more than we think. My point is that Lohan is not necessarily getting a special break because she is a celebrity, but that a delay is often given to non violent offenders when they can show some need for it.

jeffisjeff
07-11-2010, 05:05 AM
Common; not terribly significant by itself. Usually just means you are in a hurry to get done and are not thinking so much about what you are writing as you are about getting to the next thing.

:shuffle:

cruisin
07-11-2010, 06:04 AM
Her handwriting is beautiful but kind of intense looking.

Very easy, and not at all intense, if you are an artist.

It means something very specific when you wrote in all caps and not in cursive. It takes a lot longer and is harder to do. I forgot what it means-I'll try to look it up, but it is significant.

I have to disagree, here. I print by choice, when I want something to look good. It is a creative decision, not a psychological on.

Absolutely!

To me, the fact that Lindsey printed her personal report of the day's legal events means that she never learned to do cursive or to use it, which is something taught in middle school, I believe. Perhaps she was home schooled or tutored and never learned. But more likely, her perfect printing is a control issue, as if to say, I have control over this situation, when, in fact, we all know that she does not have control over anything in her life.

I would like to mention the bags under her eyes in all of the pictures. No 24 year old in good health would look like that. She is not sleeping or eating correctly, or she is drugging in a big way, or all three.

The fact that Lindsay talked out loud, to her attorney--but mostly to herself because I think even her lawyer was embarrassed at her behavior, all throughout her hours in court, even over the judge's banter and decisions, speaks reams about Lindsay's lack of respect for others and for those in authority. This over-talking could have been the result of the Adderall.

The nail polish, her outfit, all of this screams help. If she gets out of jail like Paris Hilton did, in hours instead of days or weeks, then she will fail again and again. And I wonder if she will run from rehab too.

Such things vary, but here, cursive is taught in third grade and the kids are allowed to use it or not as they see fit thereafter. Most print, as printing is faster and is also more familiar to them, as they rarely see or use cursive for anything other than signatures. Many believe that cursive is a dying art. (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/09/national/main557572.shtml Some schools don't teach cursive at all any more..)

In general, people who print, especially if it is neat printing, are focused on accuracy, precision, and clarity.

People who write all in capital letters are considered self-protective and attempting to conceal themselves from others. Everything about her writing, in fact, indicates someone who is emotionally closed and deteremined to be in control.

You all are making more of this than it probably is. If Lohan has had some design training, printing like that is not a big deal. I can write cursive or print in so many ways that most people would not believe the same person wrote it. I'm a graphic artist, that is part of what I do. Writing, printing, type is a design element, I change it on a whim or a mood. I am competent in calligraphy, it's an art form. Lindsay has some design background, it is not unusual for someone who has, to print like that.