PDA

View Full Version : British Ice Dance

Pages : [1] 2

Imperfect Edge
05-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Still no word from Sinead and John ... Im thinking that no news is good news in terms of them carrying on next year, if they havent decided one way or the other carrying on has to still be an option.

Little sum up of who may/may not be competing this year (based on iSkate and partnersearch) ...

Seniors Sinead/John?, Penny/Nick, Christina/Mark, Louise/Owen, Charlotte/Josh(assume they are now too old for Juniors?), Beverley/Matheiu. (Phillippa/Philip, Melyssa/Jamie split)

Juniors Danielle/Joe, Sarah/Michael, Olivia/Michael(or is he too old?), Sophie/Richard, Kate-Louise/Rory(logic would suggest they will move up?). Perhaps also Helen/Jack, and Hazel/Mathew. (Charlotte/Ryan and Danielle/Mathew split).

Be interesting to hear if there are any new partnerships likely to compete ...

suki
05-17-2010, 10:35 PM
They have returned to the training rink in NJ with Platov. I don't know if they have officially made an announcement or decided to continue, but they are practicing. They are both very well-liked, by the way

DanceDanceDance
05-18-2010, 06:05 PM
I have heard some of the speculation that the Kerrs will continue, for now at least. Nothing official so far as I'm aware, but it will be great to see them on the circuit again if this is true! :cool:

pani
05-18-2010, 06:23 PM
You know, i really like both teams Penny/Nick, Christina/Mark. They are so fresh, beautifull, have interesting programs. I think all be OK with British ice dancing :D
But if Kerrs will contunuie - it will be greate too! Love them ;)

Imperfect Edge
05-18-2010, 10:55 PM
It would be good if they did chose to do Europeans and then hopefully we would get at least 2 spots when Euros come to Sheffield :-)

Timbuktu
05-19-2010, 12:23 AM
It would be good if they did chose to do Europeans and then hopefully we would get at least 2 spots when Euros come to Sheffield :-)

I dare say that securing at least two spots for the sheffield european event figures very highly in the plan. That is an excellent idea, and it is great that the Kerrs are supporting that goal as well as their own.

It is likely to be a very interesting couple of years, and with the NISA AGM at the end of the month, I will certainly watch how things develop with great interest. Now that NISA backed down after the most recent legal challenge, I am excited to see what the implications will be.

mella
05-20-2010, 10:02 AM
I'd love to see them AT Euros in Sheffield. It would be great for them to get a chance to compete on home soil before they retire. Also, hopefully having some high ranking competitors/medal contenders (depending on how the next couple of seasons shape up of course) in an event at home will get people not usually big fans interested in the sport here too (beyond the Dancing on Ice level of interest)

icekoolmum
05-20-2010, 03:31 PM
I see that Gabriella Battershill is also on partner search now, so another potential junior couple have split.

Glad the court case was resolved hopefully leaving some funding available for our skaters such as the Kerrs.

Sylvia
05-20-2010, 03:38 PM
I know this is a dance thread, but would like to share this link to a recent positive article about Matthew Parr: http://www.newsguardian.co.uk/latest-news/Skater-looking-forward-to-new.6300238.jp

Charlotte/Josh(assume they are now too old for Juniors?)
Charlotte Aiken turned 18 this past January and Josh Whidborne was 20 last September so they have one more year of ISU Junior age eligibility left.

icekoolmum
05-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Surely if they won so convincingly last year they would be better getting into senior and establishing themselves there for the next four years.

Imperfect Edge
05-20-2010, 09:57 PM
Maybe thats what they'll chose to do. Then again theres tough competition at senior level. What was the latest legal challenge about? Im loosing track of them!

Starshine6
05-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Surely if they won so convincingly last year they would be better getting into senior and establishing themselves there for the next four years.

It would be really good to see Charlotte and Josh amongst the Seniors, but if they are still eligible for Juniors then perhaps that is where they will stay for now.

Noticed that some of the GB senior dancers - Chitwood/Hanretty, Walden/Edwards and Coomes/Buckland - now have Fan pages on Facebook. Kerr/Kerr have one too but think it's been around a while!

DanceDanceDance
05-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Deleted

lay'dback
05-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Maybe thats what they'll chose to do. Then again theres tough competition at senior level. What was the latest legal challenge about? Im loosing track of them!

Heres the result of the latest legal challenge. Yet again the membership foots the bill for unavoidable expenses. :wall: **sigh!** Are we becoming a laughing stock? :confused:

http://www.iceskating.org.uk/node/3913

hanca
05-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Heres the result of the latest legal challenge. Yet again the membership foots the bill for unavoidable expenses. :wall: **sigh!** Are we becoming a laughing stock? :confused:

http://www.iceskating.org.uk/node/3913

Hmmm, what does it mean in practical terms?