PDA

View Full Version : Who Is the Greatest Ice Dancer Ever

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Gene
05-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Who is the single greatest ice dancer ever, not a couple, but a single individual, either male or female? It may be an impossible question to answer. If so, express your opinion as such. But think long and hard. Your answer could change the face of ice dancing. Forgive me, as I may not be able to make another entry or reply to this thread.

Artifice
05-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Probably a real matter of taste since there have been so many great and different dancers.
I like Oksana Grishuk a lot. Her technic, hability on the ice and her interpretation qualities as well as her particular feeling of the music, are what make me think of her as at least one of the greatest.
Chris Dean also.
Marina Klimova.
Marina Anissina.

But the first who came to my mind is Oksana Grishuk.

hklboro
05-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Who is the single greatest ice dancer ever, not a couple, but a single individual, either male or female? It may be an impossible question to answer. If so, express your opinion as such. But think long and hard. Your answer could change the face of ice dancing. Forgive me, as I may not be able to make another entry or reply to this thread.

Well I suppose Christopher Dean if you have to pick one person, because of his skills and innovation. But this is a somewhat difficult question to answer as ice dance is surely about the couple together not one person in the partnership??? and even Dean wouldn't have been half as good without Torvill ;)

briancoogaert
05-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Olivier Schoenfelder is perfect in term of skills. :swoon:

Wyliefan
05-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Your answer could change the face of ice dancing. Forgive me, as I may not be able to make another entry or reply to this thread.

:huh: Are you trying to create the perfect ice dancer clone from a secret location or something?

michiruwater
05-17-2010, 09:30 PM
:rofl:

I love the first post to this thread.

Anyway, my answer is Christopher Dean... but I'm a little worried I may have picked wrong or not studied hard enough. I've never given an answer of such import before...

Ziggy
05-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Christopher Dean probably. But more because of his innovation and creativity and the impact it had on ice dance than his skating skills.

snowbird
05-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Oksana Grishuk by a mile. JHMO.

judgejudy27
05-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Oksana Gritschuk. Nobody could do those twizzles and steps quite like her.

masofs
05-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Olivier Schoenfelder is perfect in term of skills. :swoon:

I agree with that. I could watch him skate all day. :swoon:

casken
05-18-2010, 12:19 AM

:lol:

Anyway, I know you wanted one, but I love making lists so here's 20. :D

1. Grishuk

2. Dean
3. Schoenfelder
4. Klimova
5. Krylova
6. Fusar-Poli
7. Bestemianova
8. Platov
9. Staviski
10.Ovsiannikov
11.Usova
12.Averbuch
13.Anissina
14.Torvill
15.Moir
16.Navka
17.Domnina
18.Virtue
19.Delobel
20.Grushina

eurodance2001
05-18-2010, 12:29 AM
:lol:

Anyway, I know you wanted one, but I love making lists so here's 20. :D

1. Grishuk

2. Dean
3. Schoenfelder
4. Klimova
5. Krylova
6. Fusar-Poli
7. Bestemianova
8. Platov
9. Staviski
10.Ovsiannikov
11.Averbuch
12.Anissina
13.Torvill
14.Moir
15.Navka
16.Domnina
17.Virtue
18.Delobel
19.Grushina
20.Khoklova

I hope this was just a list of 20 "randoms" that quickly came to mind because there is no way that Fusar Poli belongs in the top 50 let alone top 20! LOL..

Aussie Willy
05-18-2010, 01:49 AM
In the context of the question, I think Christopher Dean as well because of the impact he had on the sport.

But for skating skills and the perfect ice dancer Marina Klimova.

Sorry but Gritshuk just had awful legs and body shape which for me was a detraction. Plus I never found there was any great refinement or polish in what she did - it was all a bit messy.

judgejudy27
05-18-2010, 02:09 AM
I hope this was just a list of 20 "randoms" that quickly came to mind because there is no way that Fusar Poli belongs in the top 50 let alone top 20! LOL..

Fusar Poli was an excellent dancer. She had to be to carry that clod of a partner to so many important medals, regardless how much politiking they benefited from.

casken
05-18-2010, 03:03 AM
I'm sorry, but Babs was AMAZING. She would have been 4 time world champion and 2002 Olympic champ with an equal partner, and then could have went on to win Torino 4 years later and tie Grishuk. She could do anything you threw at her under both systems and could do both :D and :drama:

And it's not a scientific list. :P I just realized I forgot Usova for example. (which I just changed) And I'll admit that Grishuk as #1 is a more personal choice; all the criticisms of her are valid. My list is pretty much 50% skating ability - 30% style/presentation/musicality - 20% personal preference. Dean or Klimova would probably win a totally non biased list, if there could ever be one.

In terms of 100% personal preference though, I would have went with Schoenfelder.