PDA

View Full Version : Which of the men do you see becoming "it" by Sochi

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Doubletoe
05-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Definitely Brezina, Rippon and Hanyu. I am also excited to see how Denis Ten develops because is so young and already shows so much potential! I am also big fan of Javier Fernandez and I hope he starts getting the PCS he deserves!

mia joy
05-19-2010, 01:39 AM
Because he's the best jumper of all the young stars, and maybe one of the stronger ones mentally.

I wouldn't judge on his mental strengh too soon, though. Being a young discovery, a sensation is easy, but being a favourite everyone is counting on is very different. Take Joubert's quote that winning the 2004 Euros over Plush was easier than any other he won after that. It's easy to shine when you're new and nobody puts neither big pressure, nor huge expectations on you. So, yeah, let's see how he deals with his new status of the star. Of course, I hope he can take it all and make the best of it, but as I said, don't be so sure he's so mentally strong as there hasn't been too much pressure on him yet.

blue_idealist
05-19-2010, 03:45 AM
I forgot about Rippon when I posted before.. although I think he could be overrated.. usaully the really hyped person doesn't end up doing what people think they will do (Zhang, Emily Hughes, etc., I know those are all ladies examples though)

Markulliz
05-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Ten, Amodio, Borodulin

WildRose
05-21-2010, 12:56 AM
I saw Adam Rippon skate live for the first time at Stars on Ice a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed his skate, and his enthusiasm, but in comparison to the rest of the cast, he seemed slow. I'm sure that's something he'll be working on, but I think he may need to pick it up a notch if he's going to play with the big boys.