PDA

View Full Version : Little Girls Dancing; Too Young to 'Put a Ring on It'?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

jenny12
05-17-2010, 11:54 PM
My first thought was, "Hey, these girls really CAN dance!" and the other stuff didn't really register for me past that. :lol:

Clearly I'd make a terrible parent. :rofl:

:lol: Then I'm right there with you!

However, I do agree that the outfits were bad. I think if they were more covered up the routine would have been fine. I like their routine a lot better than the actual Single Ladies dance. But yeah, take away the squats/hip thrusts and change costumes.

my little pony
05-18-2010, 01:01 AM
My first thought was, "Hey, these girls really CAN dance!" and the other stuff didn't really register for me past that. :lol:

I thought it was adorable.

KCC
05-18-2010, 05:28 AM
Well, here's another take on the song. It's called "Wrinkle Ladies".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaruNs_7okY&feature=player_embedded#!

cruisin
05-18-2010, 02:49 PM
No, they are fairly good athletes who can mug to the audience. The tricks they are doing don't require much dance training. Pretty much any cheerleader could any of this with little effort. But I hold cheerleading to a higher standard than this.

Holley, essentially I agree with you. These girls are not the calibre of the dancers you work with. They also don't seem to be trained in academic ballet (which I think is essential before they do any other sort of dance - basics!). But, for the kind of hip hop dance they were doing, I thought they were talented. I also think that with the right program the one dark haired girl could be very good. I thought the outfits were atrocious, but I didn't get the cringe factor from them. I've been through a bunch of concerts/recitals where there was no budget for costumes and you do with what you have. Of course that begs the question - why did they have those costumes in the first place :lol:. But, realizing that this was not a show for the general public, I don't think anyone thought the girls would come off as trashy. It's unfortunate that it went so public via the internet. I suppose that in the future all dance concerts, done by dance schools, will have to keep in mind that you never know who is filming it and what they'll do with it.

immoimeme
05-18-2010, 03:20 PM
I read about this on other forums but today is the first time I watched the video. :eek:

What can I say? How about "garbage in, garbage out." :P

The parents of those girls should be ashamed of themselves.