PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

caseyedwards
05-23-2010, 11:44 PM
If she does Chicago-I wonder how it will compare with Leonova's.

Asli
05-23-2010, 11:57 PM
Here is a link for Free Skate Program on NTV.
www.fskate.ru

They have interesting materials about figure skating schools
http://www.fskate.ru/video/sub3/

Thanks a lot for these links vivika! :cheer:

loopey
05-24-2010, 12:18 AM
BTW, any news from Moskvina camp?

I too would like to know if anyone knows what going on in her camp!

Did in fact Yuko have surgery? Is she ok?
What about those new pairs she was working with, any new news?

pinky166
05-24-2010, 02:19 AM
If she does Chicago-I wonder how it will compare with Leonova's.

Anna's will be better. Anna has as much spunk and attack as Leonova but has the added bonus of being elegant with nice lines, good looks, and theatrical flare, all of which prevent her from appearing sloppy like Leonova. My guess is she's probably doing Cabaret though, I feel like Chicago has been quite overused recently and from what I can tell Anna usually has unique programs. Ovcharova is what Leonova wishes she was :)

pairsskater
05-24-2010, 03:14 AM
Does anyone know what's going on with the great Artur Dmitriev? Is he coaching (I saw him at Euros? with a pair) and found out through Wikipedia, if it can be trusted, that he's divorced and remarried. I saw Tatiana D. at a rink in NJ last year and their son, Artur jr., skated at a local show. He's was great actually, good jumper but a bit rough on take off and landings. Also, not the artistry of his father, but promising.

Anyway, I wonder what's going on with him and also with Natalia. They were the "awesomest" pair ever. Haven't seen another pair to compare to them.

Eris
05-24-2010, 03:18 AM
Anna Ovcharova: I didn't talk to her. She was working on a fun program (sounded like "Chicago" or "Cabaret"), and she really sold it.
Sounds great for her:) Did she jump?

pinky166, I agree with you, if Anna do Chicago, she will be much better, than Leonova)

dinakt
05-24-2010, 03:21 AM
Eislauffan, thank you for the great pictures!
Volosozhar/ Trankov are a nice study in contrasts- he with blue eyes and brown hair, she- blond with brown eyes. Looks nice, though still unfamiliar.
I sooooo hope Iliushechkina/ Maisuradze come back roaring next year.
Great pics of everybody!

kwanfan1818
05-24-2010, 03:22 AM
They both were/are American citizens.

Then how was he not American?

Thank you for the great photos and info, Eislauffan!

ali_dorate
05-24-2010, 04:21 AM
Thank you, Eislauffan.
These pics are gorgeous.

I love the pic "Polina Schelepen and Eteri Tutberidze". They look happy.:)
I hope Polina will have beautiful programs next season.
Will Morozov help them?

pinky166
05-24-2010, 05:41 AM
Thank you, Eislauffan.
These pics are gorgeous.

I love the pic "Polina Schelepen and Eteri Tutberidze". They look happy.:)
I hope Polina will have beautiful programs next season.
Will Morozov help them?

I love Polina's hairdos, so cute, she really loves to use a lot of elastics and ponytails :)

Eislauffan
05-24-2010, 06:44 AM
Eislauffan, thank you for your answer. As far as I understand during your Moscow rinks grand tour you didn't visit CSKA? May be you heard how Artem Grigoriev and Adelina are doing?

I was at CSKA (Anna Ovcharova is there, for example), but I didn't take pictures of Artem Grigoriev and Adelina Sotnikova. Artem was polishing his new FS program with the help of choreographer Sergei Petukhov. The program was done by Tatiana Tarasova. Artem was as musical and artistic as always. Adelina apparently kept her Waltz SP. She looked good.

letsskate
05-24-2010, 06:50 AM
Thank you for the news and pictures, Eislauffan!! I've never seen Trankov smile like that before, wonderful to see. :)

btw, when you were there, did you see Stan Morozov with them as well? or was it just their main coach?

Eislauffan
05-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Does anyone know what's going on with the great Artur Dmitriev? Is he coaching (I saw him at Euros? with a pair) and found out through Wikipedia, if it can be trusted, that he's divorced and remarried. I saw Tatiana D. at a rink in NJ last year and their son, Artur jr., skated at a local show. He's was great actually, good jumper but a bit rough on take off and landings. Also, not the artistry of his father, but promising.

In the current issue of the Russian figure skating magazin "Led" ("Ice"), there is an interview with Artur Dmitriev sr. He is, indeed remarried (his second's wife name is Tatiana as well, but she has nothing to do with figure skating, she is an economist by profession). They have a little son, Artem. Artur is "second coach" in Tamara Moskvina's group. Artur also talked about his son and said that he is doing three different quads now in practice. Apparently toe, Salchow and loop (according to other sources).

There are also short interviews with both his partners, Natalia Mishkutionok and Oksana Kazakova. Both praise him as the perfect partner. Natalia is coaching in Texas. She has been married twice to Americans. She has a daughter (four years old) who is skating as well.

Eislauffan
05-24-2010, 06:52 AM
Thank you for the news and pictures, Eislauffan!! I've never seen Trankov smile like that before, wonderful to see. :)

btw, when you were there, did you see Stan Morozov with them as well? or was it just their main coach?

No, Stas Morozov was there as well and worked with them on the ice. However, he was shy and fled when I wanted to take a picture!
But if you look at the background of the picture of Novik/Kuznetsov with their choreographer Elena Maslennikova, you can see Voloszhar, Trankov and Morozov.

Autumn_girl
05-24-2010, 07:42 AM
I was at CSKA (Anna Ovcharova is there, for example), but I didn't take pictures of Artem Grigoriev and Adelina Sotnikova. Artem was polishing his new FS program with the help of choreographer Sergei Petukhov. The program was done by Tatiana Tarasova. Artem was as musical and artistic as always. Adelina apparently kept her Waltz SP. She looked good.

Oh, thank you again! So glad to hear it! Adelina had not the best season and I worried about her. And I like her SP, it really suits her! And hope that Artem Grigoriev will come back strong next season!