PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Fashionista
05-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Today I saw Natalia Pavlova's pairs
Thank you for the information! Did I/M jump? I do worry...

Eislauffan
05-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Thank you for the information! Did I/M jump? I do worry...

Nobody jumped at this practice, they were all working on choreography of their programs, on connecting moves, spins, death spiral (M/R). In addition, Nodari was on new skates (second day). They weren't even practising lifts or throws. As this was their last on-ice practice before the training camp in Sotchi, I think they were focusing on other things than on jumps, throws or lifts.

Kasey
05-22-2010, 08:05 PM
I forgot to add that I talked to Tatiana Volosozhar and coach Nina Mozer about the "minimum score" they need to have to compete at Worlds (in case they qualify at Russian Nationals). They are planning to compete at two events rather shortly before Worlds (so that she would be eligible to represent Russia), the Aegon Challenge Cup in The Hague and this other event in Italy (Montblanc Cup? Sorry, the name escaped me). Hopefully these two events will have pairs and if they do, hopefully pairs won't be cancelled due to lack of entries! But Nina Mozer would send her other teams there, too. :-)

That is FANTASTIC news!! It would totally suck if this team didn't get to compete at Worlds (provided they finish top three at Nats, of course) simply because of a rule change. I am hoping that they will be able to compete in at least one of those events and be able to go.

Asli
05-22-2010, 10:15 PM
A million thanks for all the information Eislauffan! :cheer2: You are covering all the questions we could possibly think of!

I forgot to add that I talked to Tatiana Volosozhar and coach Nina Mozer about the "minimum score" they need to have to compete at Worlds (in case they qualify at Russian Nationals). They are planning to compete at two events rather shortly before Worlds (so that she would be eligible to represent Russia), the Aegon Challenge Cup in The Hague and this other event in Italy (Montblanc Cup? Sorry, the name escaped me). Hopefully these two events will have pairs and if they do, hopefully pairs won't be cancelled due to lack of entries! But Nina Mozer would send her other teams there, too. :-)

Goodness me, this is so uncertain! I've checked and neither of these competitions has had senior pairs upto now. :( Plus the Mont Blanc Trophy starts on February 15th and the Olympic pairs final was exactly on February 15th as well. Does the one-year waiting period end on February 14th or 15th?

I hope the organizers of one of these competitions decide to hold the senior pairs competition this year, since V/T would be by far the highest profile competitors in the whole event.

Otherwise one of the Russian Cup competitions should be turned into an international B-event. ;)

loopey
05-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Not really a news and not even new video but is cute.
Alyona Minkovski interviewing her mom Irina Rodnina in Vancouver :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11urEbQW6xk

I didn't even know that Irina had a daughter!

Ziggy
05-22-2010, 11:46 PM

Thanks a lot Eislauffan!

You are amazing and I can't stress how appreciated all the information you have posted in this thread (and elsewhere) is. :)

kwanfan1818
05-23-2010, 08:34 AM
I didn't even know that Irina had a daughter!
Her American ex-husband wouldn't let her take her daughter to live in Russia, and she stayed in the US more years than she had hoped, until her daughter was no longer a minor.

Evilynn
05-23-2010, 08:38 AM
I forgot to add that I talked to Tatiana Volosozhar and coach Nina Mozer about the "minimum score" they need to have to compete at Worlds (in case they qualify at Russian Nationals). They are planning to compete at two events rather shortly before Worlds (so that she would be eligible to represent Russia), the Aegon Challenge Cup in The Hague and this other event in Italy

Thank you so much for all your reports. :) That is great news. I hope there are enough pairs invited to hold a pairs event at at least one of the competitions. How many pairs does Mozer have?

Fashionista
05-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Her American ex-husband wouldn't let her take her daughter to live in Russia, and she stayed in the US more years than she had hoped, until her daughter was no longer a minor.
He is actually not American but Ukrainian.

kwanfan1818
05-23-2010, 09:40 AM
He is actually not American but Ukrainian.
If he wasn't American, then why did she say in an interview that her husband wouldn't let her take her daughter out of the US to live in Russia? Why would she need to divorce in the US and be subject to US custody rulings?

isask8
05-23-2010, 10:31 AM
They are planning to compete at two events rather shortly before Worlds (so that she would be eligible to represent Russia), the Aegon Challenge Cup in The Hague and this other event in Italy (Montblanc Cup? Sorry, the name escaped me).

OMG:cheer2: I'll definitely go there!!!

Hopefully these two events will have pairs and if they do, hopefully pairs won't be cancelled due to lack of entries!

Hmm yeah...That's the question.

Asli
05-23-2010, 10:35 AM
If he wasn't American, then why did she say in an interview that her husband wouldn't let her take her daughter out of the US to live in Russia? Why would she need to divorce in the US and be subject to US custody rulings?

That would be the case if they were resident in the USA at the time of their divorce.

Fashionista
05-23-2010, 10:45 AM

They both were/are American citizens.

Eislauffan
05-23-2010, 04:33 PM
The photos from Moscow are online on our homepage:
http://www.figureskating-online.com/pageID_9809055.html

MikiAndoFan#1
05-23-2010, 05:04 PM
They look so happy! Thank you for sharing, Eislauffan!

:cheer2: