PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67

equatorial
09-20-2010, 07:46 PM
I disagree, Martiusheva/Rogonov are just :swoon: x 1000

Them too :lol: I was swooning over them last season :D

caseyedwards
09-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Nebelhorn starts in three days so while Treitikov looks like the jumps are there him being boring wont help LOL and Menshov of course needs to do like 3 quads to be competitive.

TAHbKA
09-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Lutai became a father. Or is it from Bulgaria with love? Am not sure :P

Kasey
09-21-2010, 12:46 AM
NO I am talking about their first test skate. You can find video of that in fsvideos.

Yep, you were right (as obvious by the second test skate's full vid of the SP); sorry to have been wrong and obnoxious! ;)

(Oh yeah, and glad that move is still included in the program, it just looks awesome from them!)

Andrey aka Pushkin
09-21-2010, 12:57 AM
I, in fact, loved I/Ks Don Quixote. I thought it was a rather unfortunate choice, but IMHO they managed to look completely different from the recent programs and do their own style.

And I loved their SD too.

Agree with the said here, that the lifts are out of place, and the tango switch is annoying. But over all, I'm not dissapointed :D

orbitz
09-21-2010, 12:59 AM
Who's the young pair in black and white? I like their SP choreography and presentation the best. I felt bad for the guy, because his partner made 3 major mistakes (the fall on the throw 3lp might not be entirely her fault though).

---

ETA: From a previous post I saw that the pair was Martiusheva/Rogonov.

julieann
09-21-2010, 01:08 AM
Kavaguti/Smirnov, Volosozhar/Trankov and other pairs better watch out, because this is the pair to reckon with in the future. Not only do they skate with ease and nice flow, but they also are both ridiculously good-looking people (Elena/Anton anyone?). Pairs competitions are going to be SO interesting in this quadrennial, I can't wait for this season to start! :watch:

:huh: I really don't think those two teams have anything to worry about...KG may be very pretty but AE is not much to look at and until 'pretty' is on the score sheet their skating will keep them off the podium for quite a while.

K/S have been together for years. V/T are a new team who are just getting use to each other. Give it time.

I can understand K/S were hesitant and slow because it looked like they were afraid to re-injure themselves, I hope they get over that and perform at 100% again, I'm sure it's hard. V/T were terribly slow with their skating in the LP, their SP was better. I think many people were taken aback thinking it would be an easier transition, they are a new team but it's not like they are juniors. I wonder if their coach was there...

nro
09-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Who's the young pair in black and white? I like their SP choreography and presentation the best. I felt bad for the guy, because his partner made 3 major mistakes (the fall on the throw 3lp might not be entirely her fault though).

---

ETA: From a previous post I saw that the pair was Martiusheva/Rogonov.
They're my favorites as well. They have such a wonderful look on the ice. As for her mistakes, she's only 15 so there is still hope..

missysays
09-21-2010, 01:51 AM
They're my favorites as well. They have such a wonderful look on the ice. As for her mistakes, she's only 15 so there is still hope..

Yes, I agree. I *heart* Martiusheva/Rogonov sooo much. I hope they are able to get through the next year as her body matures and she has to adjust her technique as well as wait until next year when she will be age-eligible for them to compete at senior-level World competition.

They have a beautiful classical style that's reminiscent of some of the great pairs but they also manage to create their very own unique style and presence on the ice.

angietang
09-21-2010, 02:24 AM
: I wonder if their coach was there...

I think that both their coach and Mr. Morozov were there watching...

You must be the fan of Yuko/Alexander, I guess.

BTW, I appreciate Artur Gachinski's SP a lot. Hopefully he can withstand the mounting pressure from his countrymen and keep improving as Russia is going to host the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi.

Eris
09-21-2010, 05:44 AM
I *heart* Martiusheva/Rogonov sooo much. I hope they are able to get through the next year as her body matures and she has to adjust her technique as well as wait until next year when she will be age-eligible for them to compete at senior-level World competition.She is already eligible for senior Worlds and Europeans. :)

loopey
09-21-2010, 06:03 AM
Yes, I agree. I *heart* Martiusheva/Rogonov sooo much. I hope they are able to get through the next year as her body matures and she has to adjust her technique as well as wait until next year when she will be age-eligible for them to compete at senior-level World competition.

They have a beautiful classical style that's reminiscent of some of the great pairs but they also manage to create their very own unique style and presence on the ice.
They do have a wonderfully classical style. She looks much taller to me than last year. Big growth spurt?

bek
09-21-2010, 06:04 AM
:huh: I really don't think those two teams have anything to worry about...KG may be very pretty but AE is not much to look at and until 'pretty' is on the score sheet their skating will keep them off the podium for quite a while.

I can understand K/S were hesitant and slow because it looked like they were afraid to re-injure themselves, I hope they get over that and perform at 100% again, I'm sure it's hard. V/T were terribly slow with their skating in the LP, their SP was better. I think many people were taken aback thinking it would be an easier transition, they are a new team but it's not like they are juniors. I wonder if their coach was there...

K/S have been skating together for years, even with injury issues they'd be more confident about skating faster. V/T are an extremely new team who has only started skating together for just a very little while and haven't done much in public either. I think you have to give it time because while they may be top skaters they were use to skating with different partners. We will get a better idea at Russian Nationals and even better idea next year if this is a team is going to work.

stjeaskategym
09-21-2010, 07:41 AM
Iliushechkina/Maisuradze's SP is rather adorable and they present it well. I've never seen them do the SBS jump and throw that cleanly, then they go and mess up the twist. :lol: They are quite young for a pair team-- she's only 18--, and I really enjoy watching them, mistakes or not. Maybe by the time they are as old as some of these other pairs, I will have finally memorized how to spell her last name. :lol:

Volosozhar/Trankov are on the right track and I figured the throws would give them the most issues consistency-wise. Their speed was definitely better in their SP than in their LP. Overall, they seem to be doing well.

Kavaguti/Smirnov, Volosozhar/Trankov and other pairs better watch out, because this is the pair to reckon with in the future. Not only do they skate with ease and nice flow, but they also are both ridiculously good-looking people (Elena/Anton anyone?). Pairs competitions are going to be SO interesting in this quadrennial, I can't wait for this season to start! :watch:

I don't see what being pretty would have to do with it. :lol: I think Gerboldt/Enbert are doing fine especially considering how new they are, but I'm not really excited by them. Of course they need more time and it's early in the season for everyone, but there were some issues with many of the pair elements in that LP-- their twist of course needs a lot of work, their very slow pair spin, weaker position in the death spiral, some of her positions in the lifts aren't so great... Ehhh. Then again, I'm not a fan of a team like Kavaguti/Smirnov either, so it wouldn't matter to me who beat who at Russian Nationals. :)

Vash01
09-21-2010, 08:30 AM
My impressions from Day 2 of the Russian test skate in Odintsovo (September 19).

Pairs
Iliushechkina/Maisuradze. SP „The Marriage of Figaro“ (modern arrangement). Very good. Not only they skated almost clean (except for the messy 3Tw and the sbs spin out of sync), but they really sold the program.
Gerboldt/Enbert SP. Struggled with some elements and finished after their music, but the impression is still good.
Kawaguchi/Smirnov. SP „Thus Spoke Zarathustra“. Better than yesterday. The 3T was good, the 3Tw again with a collision but not as bad as yesterday (I have actually seen good ones in practice, but in competition it almost always is messy). Overall I think this is a strong program.
Volosozhar/Trankov. SP „Carmina Burana“. Powerful and they had more flow than yesterday. Obviously this program is more polished than their FS. Nice high 3Tw.
Martiusheva/Rogonov. Unfortunately they messed up again. She fell on the throw loop, on the sbs 3S and stopped during the sbs spin. Too bad. She is lovely, but it doesn't look like she is getting more consistent.

What about Bazarova-Larianov? Did they not skate? They are one of my favorite young pairs, along with Ilyushchekina-Maisuradze. I have not seen Gerboldt skating pairs yet. No time to watch the videos right now.