PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

kwanfan1818
05-20-2010, 10:12 PM
The second rumour indeed was about Bobrova/Soloviev switching to Linitchuk. I got a message from Soloviev today. He said it is not true.
I'm happy to hear this, and I hope they get a free skate this year that shows their wonderful qualities to more sympatico music.

Asli
05-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Anjelika Krylova will perform with Ruslan Goncharov.

YAY! It's so great that she'll skate with an ice dance partner after all these years! :cheer2:

Is her back hurting very much?

vivika1982
05-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Here is also the website for Alexander Zhulin's show in Moscow next week:
http://www.ice-theatre.ru/

Anjelika Krylova will perform with Ruslan Goncharov.

Thank you so much for all news and updates Eislauffan and sorry you can't stay longer to see the show.Lets hope it will be broadcasted or someone will be able to capture it. :)

YAY! It's so great that she'll skate with an ice dance partner after all these years! :cheer2:

Is her back hurting very much?
I am happy for her too.Last year when she was taking part in Ice Age 3 i was soo worried and there were few really scary moments when the actor-partner dropped her on the ice ,but hopefully this time she'll be O.K.
I am also glad that Goncharov has a chance to skate with Angelica and i believe they would make a nice team..

Here is an interview with him for sport.ua by Irina Golinko.
http://winter.sport.ua/news/93335

He is saying that he is supporting Volosozhar's decision to compete for Russia and he would've done the same.He also tells how dificullt is to compete for small country and about his and Elena's struggling to pay for almost everything by themselves before 2002 OG because Ukrainnian Skating Federation started to support them financialy later when saw their potential for medaling in major events. About his separation with Elena Grushina he states that they are on good terms and that she encouraged him to skate with another partner . Recently he is skating in shows with his partner /on and off ice / Anastasia Gorshkova and training kids in his hometown .

Eislauffan
05-21-2010, 01:36 PM
I went back to see Volosozhar/Trankov again today. Still working hard! They landed throw triple loop, and solo triples (toe and sal).
There is also a new pair in in Nina Mozer's group, Evgenia Tarasova/Egor Tchudin. They just teamed up. She was a single skater before. He skated last year with Ekaterina Sheremetieva. I also met Sheremetieva, who said that she is planning to join a show.
The press conference with Volosozhar and Trankov should take place in about two weeks. There is a lot of media interest apparently alerady in them.

Fashionista
05-21-2010, 02:15 PM
There is also a new pair in in Nina Mozer's group, Evgenia Tarasova/Egor Tchudin. They just teamed up. She was a single skater before.

Ah, she skated for Kazan, right.

cheriepopo
05-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Eislauffan, thank you so much for those wonderful updates especially those about B/S and V/T!

icewalker08
05-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Thank you so much for your reports, Eislauffan. BTW, any news from Moskvina camp?

vivika1982
05-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Not really a news and not even new video but is cute.
Alyona Minkovski interviewing her mom Irina Rodnina in Vancouver :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11urEbQW6xk

Cloudy_Gumdrops
05-22-2010, 02:50 AM
I went back to see Volosozhar/Trankov again today. Still working hard! They landed throw triple loop, and solo triples (toe and sal).
There is also a new pair in in Nina Mozer's group, Evgenia Tarasova/Egor Tchudin. They just teamed up. She was a single skater before. He skated last year with Ekaterina Sheremetieva. I also met Sheremetieva, who said that she is planning to join a show.
The press conference with Volosozhar and Trankov should take place in about two weeks. There is a lot of media interest apparently alerady in them.

Thanks so much for the updates.

Gods, I'm totally I'm dying for any video of V&T. This offseason season is gonna be long and endless. :lol:

oleada
05-22-2010, 03:05 AM
Thanks for the updates, Eislauffan. I'm dying to see Volosozhar/Trankov!

It'll be a good move for Evgenia Tarasova. She's a nice skater with good presentation, but she can't seem to get past the 3T and 3S, and she's already 15 or so.

Kasey
05-22-2010, 04:45 AM
Thank you so much Eislauffan. It's going to be a long early season as well, with our first chance (probably) to see V/T will be Russian Nats.

Eislauffan
05-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Today I saw Natalia Pavlova's pairs (Iliushechkina/Maisuradze, Martiusheva/Rogonov, Danilova/Novoselov and a young couple). Single skater Denis Leushin continues to train in this group as well. They were polishing transitions, footwork etc. Iliushechkina/Maisuradze have a new SP while Martiusheva/Rogonov kept last year's programs. Today was their last practice on ice, tomorrow they are leaving for a two-week off ice training camp in Sotchi.

Eris
05-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Martiusheva/Rogonov kept last year's programs
Wow, great news, thank you:saint:

Eislauffan
05-22-2010, 05:00 PM
There will also be some pictures from some skaters on our homepage soon. I'll post the link as soon as we publish them.

Eislauffan
05-22-2010, 05:08 PM
I forgot to add that I talked to Tatiana Volosozhar and coach Nina Mozer about the "minimum score" they need to have to compete at Worlds (in case they qualify at Russian Nationals). They are planning to compete at two events rather shortly before Worlds (so that she would be eligible to represent Russia), the Aegon Challenge Cup in The Hague and this other event in Italy (Montblanc Cup? Sorry, the name escaped me). Hopefully these two events will have pairs and if they do, hopefully pairs won't be cancelled due to lack of entries! But Nina Mozer would send her other teams there, too. :-)