PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

YukiNieve
09-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks for multiple replies! :)

There has been discussion about her that I missed:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71544&page=16

Wow, 3-3! Hope that she will be injure-free and we will see her a lot soon.

LLLLutz
09-14-2010, 06:55 PM
you mean girls, right?
here are some:
Nathalie Pechalat, Sinead Kerr, Tessa Virtue (the one had a nose job, though, so I don't know if it counts :P), Tanith Belbin (does she count as a current skater?), Pernelle Carron, Alisson Reed, Cathy Reed, Elene Gedevanishvili, Yu-Na Kim, Sarah Meier, Alissa Czisny, Jessica Dube and so much more!!

but then here you have a sample of my taste ;)

Thanks. So you think Sinead Kerr is pretty and Domnina isn't ? Intresting, very intresting taste.

Fashionista
09-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Yep, Sinead Kerr looks strange in this list.

poths
09-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Thanks. So you think Sinead Kerr is pretty and Domnina isn't ? Intresting, very intresting taste.Domnina looks like a fried Egg. Sinead Kerr is :smokin: from a male perspective at least.

poths
09-14-2010, 11:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ftBbHOM6A

the new sp of ksenia makarova, poor quality, but the program looks nice.

Zero transitions, generic "CH". Disappointing from someone with actual ability.

Jenna
09-15-2010, 02:23 AM
To be honest, can you really evaluate her "CH" very well from such a low quality video?

JerseySlore
09-15-2010, 02:38 AM
There might be subtle moments I'm missing b/c of poor quality, but there seems to be nothing "big" going on. That said, she's a gorgeous skater, and all her elements are very strong.

Domshabfan
09-15-2010, 05:30 AM
you mean girls, right?
here are some:
Nathalie Pechalat, Sinead Kerr, Tessa Virtue (the one had a nose job, though, so I don't know if it counts :P), Tanith Belbin (does she count as a current skater?), Pernelle Carron, Alisson Reed, Cathy Reed, Elene Gedevanishvili, Yu-Na Kim, Sarah Meier, Alissa Czisny, Jessica Dube and so much more!!

but then here you have a sample of my taste ;)

Kerr always reminds me of rat for some reason, i personally don't see her as pretty, for some reason Dube as well.

SamuraiK
09-15-2010, 07:02 AM
:rolleyes:Geez, this thread is getting shallower and shallower.. :rolleyes:

Someone please post actual russian news instead of rat comparisons to skaters faces ..:huh:

Eislauffan
09-15-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm trying to fulfill your wish, SamuraiK, to bring this thread back on track.
I just was a few days in St. Petersburg. Unfortunately, I had no chance to see Mukhortova/Blanchard as he was in France. So I saw Maria alone. :-) She is very pleased to skate with Jerome. They are going to Chicago Thursday (Sep 16) and will train there for two months. They might do one of the competitions later this fall.
In the other ice rink, Artur Gachinski looked good in practice. He landed 4T-2T in his SP run through (Pink Floyd music). Artur Dmitriev had back pain and therefore withdrew from the JGP in Romania but he is feeling better now and has resumed practising jumps (not when I was there, though, because I was there in the morning and his mom (Tatiana Druchinina) told me that he'll practice jumps during the second practice.
I also saw Lisa Tuktamysheva, whose triple Lutz was a little off that day. She seemed pretty annoyed about that. Her coaches said about the JGP in Romania that she was nervous and not feeling at the top of her game there.
Then I visited Tamara Mosvkina's group. Kavaguti/Smirnov have nice programs, I like both for them. They are not in top shape yet after him having groin surgery and then an ankle injury during the summer. He resumed practice only end of August. Yuko on the other hand had to be careful with her shoulder. They can't go to Skate Canada because she needs to go to Japan for a reexamination of her shoulder. They had asked to be assigned to the two last GPs, but it didn't happen. Therefore they'll do only Cup of Russia. Katarina Gerboldt/Alexander Enbert have progressed a lot. It is hard to believe that she has been a pair skater for only six months now. They really seem to enjoy skating together and bring that across. Sabina Imaikina/Konstantin Bezmaternykh changed their FS after the last test skate as the music seemed to melanchonic. They are now skating to "La Traviata". There was also the junior pair Alexandra Vasilieva/ Juri Shevchuk, who are rather inconsistent, but they do have triple throws and sbs 3T.

JerseySlore
09-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Thank you for the actual skating news!:D
I recall someone said Gerboldt was struggling with pair elements. How is she coming along?

Eislauffan
09-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Thank you for the actual skating news!:D
I recall someone said Gerboldt was struggling with pair elements. How is she coming along?

I'd say very well. She has good positions in the lifts, she lands triple throws (throw triple Lutz and loop if I remember correctly), and I saw a decent death spiral (fids), the bids wasn't as good yet. The weakest element definitely is the twist. They were working on a triple, but it is still messy.

equatorial
09-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Domnina looks like a fried Egg. Sinead Kerr is :smokin: from a male perspective at least.

Oh poths, who are you kidding? We all know you'd shag Domnina in a heartbeat. You'd probably even shag Jenna and Pang, with an occasional Tong thrown in for good measure:rollin:

JerseySlore
09-15-2010, 01:53 PM
I'd say very well. She has good positions in the lifts, she lands triple throws (throw triple Lutz and loop if I remember correctly), and I saw a decent death spiral (fids), the bids wasn't as good yet. The weakest element definitely is the twist. They were working on a triple, but it is still messy.

Thank you! Throw lutz sounds ambitious! If their other elements are strong, they could probably get by with double twist like D/D couple years ago. I'm looking forward to their first comp!

TAHbKA
09-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Video of Leonova's LP (http://www.alena-leonova.ru/blog/v_proizvolnoj_programme_ja_vedma/2010-08-14-35) choreographing (scroll down to the video)