PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

bek
09-10-2010, 07:42 PM
I was told that the jumps of Bazarova are considerably improved.

As for Yuri, I do not think he looks ugly, besides I heard from many people that he is one on the nicest guys-kind and polite-and also very clever. Also a reliable partner.

I would prefer him rather than somebody sweet looking but selfish and stupid.

Its not about who your looking for your partner in life though. I really don't care for Yuri's look on the ice etc. I think it will held them back.

Hedwig
09-10-2010, 07:46 PM
I was told that the jumps of Bazarova are considerably improved.

As for Yuri, I do not think he looks ugly, besides I heard from many people that he is one on the nicest guys-kind and polite-and also very clever. Also a reliable partner.

I would prefer him rather than somebody sweet looking but selfish and stupid.

Great to hear about the jumps! I love Bazarova/Larionov. She has the best posture of nearly all the pair girls at the moment!! :cheer:

I just hope their programs get more interesting. :shuffle:

About Larionov:
He really is. I saw them interacting many times in Tallinn and he is a really nice guy. I think this will help them in the long run as it will make their training more agreeable.
There had to be a reason why she stuck with him for so long. :)

I also think that he is a really good skater. He is not pretty in his face but he has good lines and he presents her very well. A bit like G/G (only that Sergej looked good as well). But there you were always meant to see her and he was given her the podium so to say.

taf2002
09-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Great to hear about the jumps! I love Bazarova/Larionov. She has the best posture of nearly all the pair girls at the moment!! :cheer:

I just hope their programs get more interesting. :shuffle:

About Larionov:
He really is. I saw them interacting many times in Tallinn and he is a really nice guy. I think this will help them in the long run as it will make their training more agreeable.
There had to be a reason why she stuck with him for so long. :)

I also think that he is a really good skater. He is not pretty in his face but he has good lines and he presents her very well. A bit like G/G (only that Sergej looked good as well). But there you were always meant to see her and he was given her the podium so to say.

I haven't seen him yet...is he that ugly? I agree with what you said most of the time but there are exceptions. Galit Chait's partner & Dominina's partner were so unattractive (read scary-looking) that for me it detracted from their skating, esp on TV where they did close-ups of faces. In person it wasn't so bad unless you were on the 1st couple of rows. OTOH, Anna & Luca are so attractive that IMO it adds to the enjoyment of their programs.

quiqie
09-10-2010, 08:09 PM
I haven't seen him yet...is he that ugly?

http://img1.liveinternet.ru/images/attach/c/1//55/248/55248739_1266277249_6.jpg

Hedwig
09-10-2010, 08:11 PM
I haven't seen him yet...is he that ugly? I agree with what you said most of the time but there are exceptions. Galit Chait's partner & Dominina's partner were so unattractive (read scary-looking) that for me it detracted from their skating, esp on TV where they did close-ups of faces. In person it wasn't so bad unless you were on the 1st couple of rows. OTOH, Anna & Luca are so attractive that IMO it adds to the enjoyment of their programs.

Well, :shuffle:
http://web.icenetwork.com/images/2007/12/05/kIGTZO6F.jpg

He is not my dream man. But calling him ugly is a bit too much.

Finnice
09-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Larionov ugly? What you have in mind? Ken to the Barbie?

Their SP last season was very good, and I could never call such an expresive male ugly. He has soul.

Hedwig
09-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Larionov ugly? What you have in mind? Ken to the Barbie?

Their SP last season was very good, and I could never call such an expresive male ugly. He has soul.

He does! I really like his skating. And I think those that call him truck driverish only look at his face which maybe won't make him PSOTY and not at his skating!

oleada
09-10-2010, 08:35 PM
I don't think Larionov is ugly at all. He doesn't have movie star looks, but he's a good skater with consistent jumps and presents Vera very well. He's certainly not ugly, and his skating, especially after their doping ban, has really improved.

mia joy
09-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Galit Chait's partner & Dominina's partner were so unattractive (read scary-looking) that for me it detracted from their skating, esp on TV where they did close-ups of faces. In person it wasn't so bad unless you were on the 1st couple of rows.

How about that guy Sergei Novitski? If we're talking about ugly or scary looking skaters, we've got to add this one as well :P

OTOH, Anna & Luca are so attractive that IMO it adds to the enjoyment of their programs.

I thought Anna and Luca were so attractive too at first, but then I realized they are more originally looking than hot, especially Anna. Pechalat/Bourzat and the Kerrs, here are the attractive dance teams ;)

quiqie
09-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Pechalat/Bourzat and the Kerrs, here are the attractive dance teams ;)
...then fortunately, looks aren't everything that matters in that business :P

SUN
09-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Its not about who your looking for your partner in life though. I really don't care for Yuri's look on the ice etc. I think it will held them back.

IMO, with all those lifts and twists it's probably not less important to have a reliable partner on ice in pair skating than in life in general.

museksk8r
09-10-2010, 09:15 PM
I think Yuri Larionov is very attractive and sexy. :smokin: I'm shocked that anyone would ever find him "ugly." :huh:

Asli
09-10-2010, 09:17 PM
IMO, with all those lifts and twists it's probably not less important to have a reliable partner on ice in pair skating than in life in general.

Exactly. :)

Larionov not only does the elements well, but he is graceful and musical as well. They look beautiful together and the fact that he doesn't have a cute nose quite escapes the notice.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
09-10-2010, 09:23 PM
he's a good skater with consistent jumps and presents Vera very well. He's certainly not ugly, and his skating, especially after their doping ban, has really improved.

ITA

and yeah, he's no Zimmerman in the looks department, but he's not ugly either.

About B&L, I hope they get a new costume designer. Those costumes they had last year were ugly and kinda cheap looking. At the very least, stay the hell away from day-glo colors! Maybe try some jewel tones.

hanca
09-10-2010, 09:25 PM
How about that guy Sergei Novitski? If we're talking about ugly or scary looking skaters, we've got to add this one as well :P

Novitsky ugly??? :wideeyes: He is quite sexy!!!

I wouldn't say that Larinov is ugly either though. Ok, he may not be any handsome, but ugly that a bit too strong.

I find Maisuradze ugly. :( But then again, he jumps and skates well...