PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

loopey
08-26-2010, 05:47 AM
Elena Ilinykh / Nikita Katsalapov, the new world junior champ

Sorry, I read the post as Moskvina was politiking against I/K and thought it must be about a pair.

What could Tarasova have against I/K

Moxie
08-26-2010, 07:28 AM
Sorry, I read the post as Moskvina was politiking against I/K and thought it must be about a pair.

I'm worried she might be politicking against, too.
It might not be that she's against I/K, because not too long ago she was absolutely RAVING about them, but she seems to be absolutely smitten with Chiquita banana lady and her ~ambitiously trying to skate for every country~ partner.

Asli
08-26-2010, 11:08 AM

Tarasova often has her own favorite couples/coaches whom she supports. Plus she doesn't forgive it when a coach doesn't ask for her advice or doesn't listen to it when she gives it. So coaches have to at least pretend to take into account some of her advice. Just my humble observation.

Since I/K are the next big thing in ice dance, surely she wants to have some control over them. If Zhulin consults her, everything may be OK. For instance, Khokhlova/Novitski were left out of the team while Tarasova supported her own Kulikova/Markov, but in more recent years Tarasova was heavily involved in K/N's preparation and she supported them.

Mikhail
08-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Alena Leonova's recent interview: http://en.alena-leonova.ru/publ/i_ve_got_to_fight_and_work_as_hard_as_i_can/1-1-0-32

In the interview given to the FSkate.ru website’s correspondent Svetlana Antsyreva Alena talks about last season, test skates and her preparation for the upcoming events.

TAHbKA
08-26-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm like a cleaner (http://www.sportsdaily.ru/articles/zasluzhennyiy-trener-sssr-i-rossii-tamara-moskvina-ya-kak-posudomoyka-38628)

The summer vacation is not over yet and no one wants to think of the winter, yet the skaters started the preparations for the new season. They are polishing their programmes which soon shall be judged. Moskvina talks to "sport" about her old and new pairs.

Sport: Tamara Nikolaevna, you have 2 new pair.s Pleas tell us about them
TNM: True. Katarina Gerboldt, who switched to pairs this spring with Alexandr Enbert and the guys from Perm - Sabina Imaikina and Konstantin Bezmateryh. think they misspelled Imaikina's name

Sport: KAtarina is 21 y.o. Isn't it a bit too old for pairs?
TNM: I thought so to at first. But on the other hand I started skating in a pair when I was 20. It's really interesting working with Katarina and Alexandr, they progress fast. And their basics is great. Their motivation is high. Katarina skated singles for many years, was coached by Alexey Mishin. Then she moved to Moscow, now came back. Sasha and her started skating as a pair quite fast. It's fun and easy working with them, I like what they do.

Sport : What can you tell about the pair from Perm?
TNM: Sabina and Konstantin used to skate with different partners till those retired. They decided to remain. They were paired by Valentina Tukova, but the situation with figure skating in Perm right now is hard and Tukova asked me to take them to my group, I didn't decline. Unfortunately there are many hardships - the choreography is not too developed in Perm, so there is plenty of work ahead of us. Am helped by Artur Dmitriev and Tatiana Druchina - we have plenty of great ideas, so all the pairs will look very different.

Sport: So Yuko Kawaguti/Alexandr Smirnov have a competition inside the gorup?
TNM : Hard to tell. Right now Yuko and Alexandr are world bronze medalists, while the other pairs are just at the beginning. But, of course, the competition in the group is a good thing for Yuko and Sasha. It's more fun to work. As for whether the new pairs are indeed a competition is yet hard to tell.

Sport: Yuko just underwent a shoulder surgery. How does she feel?
TNM: She was operated in April, after 3 month she went to a follow up. So far she recovers well. On the other hand Sasha has some problems.

Sport: injuries as well?
TNM: Unfortunately yes. He was dealing with a groin injury which is a professional male figure skaters injury. Just when he recovered and came back after the vacation he sprang his ankle. He had to recover from that. It's not typical for Alexandr, but, of course, things happen. We'll hold fingers it'll be over soon. The new programmes are ready, we managed to finish them before Sasha's injuries.

Sport: You surprise us every year with a bunch of new programmes. Where do you get the inspiration?
TNM: I have an inner library in my head. Every time I go through it and think: what is new, what was already used, what can be combined. I experiment all the time. My work can be compared to the dishwasher.

Sport: how?
TNM: The dish washer stands near the sink and washes the dishes. One would think - what's in the routine? But the sinks are different, the wipes are different, the stream of water can be set in different angles. Our job is more or less the same: we take the skaters who can't do a thing, work day after day on the same elements and make them shine. Sounds like the same thing, but there is so much new!

Sport: Everyone are talking about the Olympics in Sochi and expect something grand. Does it put you under a pressure?
TNM :Everyone thinks the home Olympics mean we have to be on the top. It's a natural desire. We don't really care about that - we just do our job.

Sport: Is it possible to repeat Turino success and win 3 golds, or, even better, 4, in Sochi?
TNM: 4 gold medals is a bit of a science fiction. In general I don't really want to talk about it now. There is too much time till the Olympics. All the predictions would look quite unprofessional.

JerseySlore
08-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Thank you for the translation!
I didn't know Gerboldt is working with Moskvina, best of luck to her!

[
Sport: You surprise us every year with a bunch of new programmes. Where do you get the inspiration?
TNM: I have an inner library in my head. Every time I go through it and think: what is new, what was already used, what can be combined. I experiment all the time. My work can be compared to the dishwasher.

Ah! that's where bizarro Swan came from :shuffle:

angietang
08-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Thank you, TAHbKA, for your great work!

angietang
08-27-2010, 02:09 AM
Oh, yes, finally I found a Maria/Jerome video at http://www.tv100.ru/news/Figuristu-Maksimu-Trankovu-nashli-novuju-partnershu-29386/. They look very beautiful together on ice! Maria seems to look much slimmer than before. I believe in Mr.Vasiliev's ability of turning Maria/Jerome into another pair of world champion in the near future. Their SP choreographer used to work with Elena/Anton. That sounds great.

Kasey
08-27-2010, 04:07 AM
Well. They look lovely together, but it's not like we get to see anything really technical. With Maria's inconsistency in the jumps and Jerome not having competed in several years, they are going to have their work cut out for them at Russian nationals, let alone on the international stage.

loopey
08-27-2010, 04:12 AM
Tarasova often has her own favorite couples/coaches whom she supports. Plus she doesn't forgive it when a coach doesn't ask for her advice or doesn't listen to it when she gives it. So coaches have to at least pretend to take into account some of her advice. Just my humble observation.

Since I/K are the next big thing in ice dance, surely she wants to have some control over them. If Zhulin consults her, everything may be OK. For instance, Khokhlova/Novitski were left out of the team while Tarasova supported her own Kulikova/Markov, but in more recent years Tarasova was heavily involved in K/N's preparation and she supported them.

Wow. Just wow. This sounds like the definition of EGO!

So why wouldn't Zhulin just go along with it? If it's that important to TAT and to I/K's future, just do it. And regardless of how much this might be ego-driven, I can't believe that the time would be wasted. Tat does have insight into skating. And if Moskvina can play into this (and quite frankly, it doesn't seem like she needs anyone looking at her teams), then why not Zhulin?

IneZR
08-27-2010, 07:10 AM
Oh, yes, finally I found a Maria/Jerome video at http://www.tv100.ru/news/Figuristu-Maksimu-Trankovu-nashli-novuju-partnershu-29386/. They look very beautiful together on ice! Maria seems to look much slimmer than before. I believe in Mr.Vasiliev's ability of turning Maria/Jerome into another pair of world champion in the near future. Their SP choreographer used to work with Elena/Anton. That sounds great.

Thanks for the link, angietang!

From the small bits shown in this video it looks like Maria and Jerome are a very good match. Actually I am surprised to see that their skating styles look so similar. So nice to see Maria skate and finally look happy - would have been awful to see such an amazing pairs skater retire due to the lack of partner.

MarieM
08-27-2010, 10:47 AM
And I am glad Jerôme is able to skate again at that level !!

rfisher
08-27-2010, 12:49 PM
I'm just glad there will be several interesting pairs to watch over the next quad and that the Russian pair machine is back. I've missed it. Pairs is my favorite discipline.

BittyBug
08-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Oh, yes, finally I found a Maria/Jerome video at http://www.tv100.ru/news/Figuristu-Maksimu-Trankovu-nashli-novuju-partnershu-29386/. Thanks! They do indeed look good together.

Does Jerome speak Russian? If not, what language do you think they use to communicate with each other?

I'm just glad there will be several interesting pairs to watch over the next quad and that the Russian pair machine is back.Hear, hear!

JerseySlore
08-27-2010, 02:41 PM
I've been totally out of loop. Maria paired up with Blanchard?:eek:
Given that Jerome used to be coached by Oleg (correct me if I'm wrong), I do think they'd look great together. They might as well be my third favorite pair:encore: And surely tension between M/B and V/T will be :watch: