PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Asli
05-18-2010, 12:40 AM
I've never seen any internet host/TV show this, but maybe they will. I'll pay for a subscription to WebTV or Russian TV if they do. We can only hope.

All we can hope for is for some FSUers to make a home video of V/T's performances. There is no hope of Russian Cup events being shown on any of the channels on WebTV IMO. They are just not important enough to be shown on national channels, especially with so many other competitions being broadcast.

oleada
05-18-2010, 02:51 AM
The Russian fed has been streaming National events lately.

blue_idealist
05-18-2010, 02:58 AM
Sergei Verbillo should try out with Domnina. I know he's not as good as her, but he could be the best she could get right now.

marishka9
05-18-2010, 06:54 AM
ETA: More to come. I'm waiting for confirmation of one rumour and for the go-ahead to publish it for another piece of news. Both are about coaching changes.
Thanks for the updates
so who is changing coach: :dog:

Asli
05-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Sergei Verbillo should try out with Domnina. I know he's not as good as her, but he could be the best she could get right now.

Does Oksana intend to compete with a new partner though? She has already had a fantastic competitive career. She is European and world champion and olympic bronze medalist. Maybe now she is happy skating in shows with Maksim.

Thanks for all the news Eislauffan! :cheer2:

Sylvia
05-18-2010, 02:02 PM
I spoke to Polina Shelepen and her coach Eteri Tutberidze. They would have liked to go senior, but when the new age rules pass the ISU congress, she will be too young for senior and will stick with juniors.
Thanks, Eislauffan. It's too bad that they seem to be assuming that the new age rule proposals will pass at the Congress and are citing this as the main reason for not trying the Senior Grand Prix in the coming season.

But the new age rules didn't pass yet, right? So maybe she will have a chance to go to the senior Grand Prix
Problem is, the Senior Grand Prix selection draw is scheduled to take place BEFORE the ISU Congress votes (skaters would have had to let their respective federations know if they intend to skate senior or junior by now). And IF the age rule proposals pass at the Congress, this would shut out any 18 year old singles skaters who potentially could receive Senior Grand Prix assignment(s) but are electing to skate a final season on the JGP for the ranking points... AND they would be aged out of the JGP. They would have to hope for GP alternate slots to open up later and/or settle for a Senior B assignment.

I heard the new age rule would not be enforced until the 2011-2012 season?
The proposal states that pair/dance teams would get a grace period until 2011-12 but NOT the ISU Junior singles skaters -- see: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2751686&postcount=59

Ziggy
05-18-2010, 02:59 PM

She's not interested in continuing though, according to her boyfriend.

And I don't think there would be any point continuing with a much weaker partner anyhow.

Autumn_girl
05-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the updates
so who is changing coach: :dog:

Pushkash/Guerreiro. Their new coach is Natalia Linichuk

Eislauffan
05-18-2010, 05:16 PM

This was one and it is confirmed. The other one is still an unconfirmed rumour, at least I couldn't confirm it and haven't been able to talk to the skaters concerned. But maybe someone else can (this person also would know which couple I'm talking about)

marishka9
05-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Thank you Autumn girl
looks like a good move for them

Autumn_girl
05-19-2010, 12:52 PM
This was one and it is confirmed. The other one is still an unconfirmed rumour, at least I couldn't confirm it and haven't been able to talk to the skaters concerned. But maybe someone else can (this person also would know which couple I'm talking about)

Is it about Bobrova/Soloviev? After Worlds rumours said that Linichuk kept an eye on them, but there are no information

Thank you Autumn girl
looks like a good move for them

Yeah, I think so too

Domshabfan
05-19-2010, 02:07 PM

So, is there any team left with zhuk/Svinin team

oubik
05-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Didn't know if this was already posted somewhere, but according to THIS article (http://sportcom.ru/portal/2010/04/16/66491.html), Lutai and Demirova are expecting a girl, and he is considering changing to Bulgarian citizenship to continue skating.

And Demirova previous partner Kurakin teamed up with Silna (of Silna/Matsjuk) and they will be skating for Austria. It seems Barbora become Austrian citizen at the time being.

ioana
05-19-2010, 04:19 PM
And Demirova previous partner Kurakin teamed up with Silna (of Silna/Matsjuk) and they will be skating for Austria. It seems Barbora become Austrian citizen at the time being.

Didn't she stop skating to focus on school a few years ago? I suppose it is possible she has a lighter course load now and her German's gotten better in the meantime since I remember that was brought up as a concern at the time. Wheee for two Austrian dance teams! Duelling yodelling :scream: :P.

oubik
05-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Didn't she stop skating to focus on school a few years ago? I suppose it is possible she has a lighter course load now and her German's gotten better in the meantime since I remember that was brought up as a concern at the time. Wheee for two Austrian dance teams! Duelling yodelling :scream: :P.

Should we expect battle of Meat Loafs or battle of John Mileses? :angryfire :scream:

The school reason was maybe only because she did not want to continue with Matsjuk and this reason was as obvoius a generally understandable. I think her German was always good as her father is working in Austria for nearly 10 years now.