PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

IneZR
08-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Pechalat/Bourzat

hanca
08-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Well, we will see how Pechalat/Bourzat are ready for this season then. If they are successfull with their two GP events, then maybe Zhulin's training methods of 'taking it easy in order not to overburden his skaters' may be the new way to go. :D

Vash01
08-24-2010, 07:45 PM
And you forgot to add that Gerbolt is also in pair now and she used to be reasonably solid with her jumps (I forgot who is her partner), then they have Iljuschetchkina and Maisuradze who used to be pretty good to if we don't count the last season (I think she was injured, wasn't she?)... It will be tough fight for the three spots in Russian pairs.

That's actually good news. The Russian pairs well seemed to have dried up during the last Olympics. Looks like there are plenty of promising young pairs that could push each other to get better and may be best in the world.

I like Bazarova-Larianov, though last year I was less impressed with them than 2 years ago. I liked Iliushchekina-Maisuradze, except for her jumps. Rogonov & his partner seemed to have potential too. Add to that an already good pair Kawaguti-Smirnov (though they may not stick around for 4 more years), and a potentially great pair of the experienced Volosozhar-Trankov. The future of Russian pairs looks bright. (I am not sure about Mukhartova-Blanchard. I have not seen Blanchard skate yet).

angietang
08-25-2010, 02:58 AM
(I am not sure about Mukhartova-Blanchard. I have not seen Blanchard skate yet).

They will continue training in Chicago very soon, so maybe, some fans based there can keep you posted.

I don't know what result it is after the meeting between their coach and the Russian Skating Federation officials in St. Petersburg. Can Maria/Jerome be included in the national team for this new season? Anybody knows?

Asli
08-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Well, we will see how Pechalat/Bourzat are ready for this season then. If they are successfull with their two GP events, then maybe Zhulin's training methods of 'taking it easy in order not to overburden his skaters' may be the new way to go. :D

I don't think we must run away with the conclusion that Zhulin doesn't push his students hard enough. Looking at the examples Tarasova gives, it seems she is blaming Zhulin for not using late night ice sessions (which were available) because of his private life. People do have private lives and you can't blame them for not coaching from 6am till midnight like Tarasova or Moskvina/Moskvin. That was another generation from the good and bad old days. Plus, as Marie said, Zhulin has three magnificient assistant coaches in Volkov and Denkova/Staviyski. Actually Nikita Katsalapov shows signs of working regularly with Maksim Staviyski. :swoon:

AFAIK P/B never trained late at night - actually before going to Moscow they were full-time students and were only able to train early morning and a little bit in the afternoon. They took dance classes only during summer. So whatever schedule they have now is bound to be an improvement over their former schedule. Nathalie said in an interview how their regular off-ice training has improved the way they move since they moved.

Coco
08-25-2010, 12:40 PM
I thought I remember reading that when they first went to Zhulin, they could only get practice time very late at night, after hockey players were done using the ice.

Asli
08-25-2010, 01:49 PM
I thought I remember reading that when they first went to Zhulin, they could only get practice time very late at night, after hockey players were done using the ice.

Sorry, I wasn't clear - I meant they didn't train late at night in France, so it wouldn't be a reduction in their training time if Zhulin didn't coach them late at night. I don't know what their schedule was with Zhulin.

pinky166
08-25-2010, 05:13 PM
ISU bios are currently being updated/made and Adelina Sotnikova does not appear to have one yet. Does this mean she has withdrawn from the JGP due to her illness?

oleada
08-25-2010, 05:15 PM
It probably just means one hasn't been made. Quite a few haven't. :rolleyes:

pinky166
08-25-2010, 05:21 PM
It probably just means one hasn't been made. Quite a few haven't. :rolleyes:

Liza's has though, and new ladies to the US like Samantha, Nina, Yasmin, Kristene. Shelepen's was updated with her new program music already, and apparently she is 3cm taller now than she was at Junior Worlds which was the last time her bio was updated. It will be interesting to see if she looks/skates a lot more grown up this season.

oleada
08-25-2010, 05:33 PM
And skaters like Wang, Zhang & Cain's haven't; and Anais Morand who skated at a high pairs level doesn't even have a singles one either

julieann
08-26-2010, 12:09 AM
http://www.sportsdaily.ru/articles/zasluzhennyiy-trener-sssr-i-rossii-tamara-moskvina-ya-kak-posudomoyka-38628

Here is an article with Moskvina, she talks about her new pairs and K/S injuries...She is healing nicely but he has a nasty groin injury from a while back and a sprained ankle from this summer that took a while to heal. :(

Maybe someone can translate it better.

I stepped off a curb and sprained my ankle and I couldn't walk right for 4 months. I can't imaging having to skate on it. :rolleyes:

equatorial
08-26-2010, 05:13 AM
I suspect darkly that Tarasova is indeed politicking against I/K. And I don't like it:mad:

loopey
08-26-2010, 05:29 AM
I suspect darkly that Tarasova is indeed politicking against I/K. And I don't like it:mad:

Who is I/K?

letsskate
08-26-2010, 05:32 AM
Who is I/K?

Elena Ilinykh / Nikita Katsalapov, the new world junior champ