PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Tinami Amori
08-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Pani, I didn't get your last line.

maybe they could tske place, wich they music to take in future. Thats all

I am not "pani" but I understand what she was trying to "translate into english from her own language".

"The music they select may have a direct impact if they place/medal or not".

more exact "Maybe they can take a place (on the podium) or not, depending on the music they will take in the future".

Cherub721
08-23-2010, 07:57 PM
\Look at P-B perfomances last season - several falls in FD at ECh, at OG they couldnt made 1 lift. At WCh they skated ckean in FD with old program and had fall in OD. Maybe TAT didnt want this for I-K?

To be fair, P&B have always been inconsistent. They had performances like that long before working with Zhulin. Their problem could be nerves, not training practices. N&K were pretty consistent under Zhulin. I only remember a couple of bad performances (04 NHK and 06 Euros). Although their programs were easier than others and Roman was not the best skater, they always seemed well trained IMO.

pani
08-23-2010, 08:11 PM
To be fair, P&B have always been inconsistent. They had performances like that long before working with Zhulin. Their problem could be nerves, not training practices. N&K were pretty consistent under Zhulin. I only remember a couple of bad performances (04 NHK and 06 Euros). Although their programs were easier than others and Roman was not the best skater, they always seemed well trained IMO.

But N-K worked in USA and had full-time ice for them. And she was his wife - he musct work for her on 300% :D
But will see - we need to waite untill GP ;)

hanca
08-23-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm sure Zhulin knows what he's doing with them. Things start to go very wrong when the Fed officials (or whatever it is that Tarasova does) start dictating too many things over the coaches. Tarasova seems to think there's only one way to train. Should Zhuliln/I&K have to change their training completely just because she doesn't like it?

How do you know that Zhulin know what he is doing with them? Coaches sometimes do become a bit 'lazy'. Well, not in the sense of lazyness but hoping that they can get a bit more of private life and less working life. Unfortunately that would have impact on his skaters.

As I see it, all Tarasova is saying is that they don't do enough. I am sure that she has enough experience to know what it takes to be top at this sport.

IneZR
08-24-2010, 08:36 AM
With all my respect to TAT as a coach, I wouldn't believe in everything she says. From the tone of this interview I got the impression that she is politicking for Bobrova/Soloviev and it's a well-known fact that she is on very good terms with their coaches. And yes, she already 'helped' Khokhlova/Novitski last season with that horrible FD they were forced to change mid-season.

I am sure Zhulin knows what is best for his students. Maybe he just wants to take it slowly and not push them too hard - after all, Elena and Nikita are still so young and this is their first year in Seniors. They both are tremendously talented skaters and that would be horrible to see such a young team end up with injuries because of overtraining. Ice dancing has become a very demanding sport and what worked for athletes in 80's and 90's doesn't necessarily work for skaters these days.

MarieM
08-24-2010, 08:42 AM
But Zhulin isn't alone coaching.
You forget he has Oleg, Albena and Maksin to help day to day training...

Jackie Sparrow
08-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Why would Yuko cry and consider returning to Japan? Why would Smirnov's marriage make any difference to their partnership?

angietang
08-24-2010, 09:28 AM
You are late for the train! LOL. Since some Russian posters confirmed earlier that it is only a tabloid story, nothing reliable, we'd better not make any fuss over the same topic continuously.

TAHbKA
08-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Why would Yuko cry and consider returning to Japan? Why would Smirnov's marriage make any difference to their partnership?

Because it's a trashy stupid paper that needs a SCANDAL. Just writing `a skater Smirnov is getting married' would not sell. Crying Yuko might. For all we know she might had been cutting an onion...

hanca
08-24-2010, 10:39 AM
I am sure Zhulin knows what is best for his students. Maybe he just wants to take it slowly and not push them too hard - after all, Elena and Nikita are still so young and this is their first year in Seniors. They both are tremendously talented skaters and that would be horrible to see such a young team end up with injuries because of overtraining. Ice dancing has become a very demanding sport and what worked for athletes in 80's and 90's doesn't necessarily work for skaters these days.

Well, I think that there needs to be a bit of 'pushing hard' to get you to the top. I wonder whether Zueva is taking it slowly with V-M and D-W to avoid them being injured?

pani
08-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Well, I think that there needs to be a bit of 'pushing hard' to get you to the top. I wonder whether Zueva is taking it slowly with V-M and D-W to avoid them being injured?

Virtue was injured, had surgery on both fits and now couldnt walk to much (thats why she couldnt go to Paris for vacation). Maybe because she was pushed too much for be on the top at 2008 WCh.

Jackie Sparrow
08-24-2010, 02:12 PM
You are late for the train! LOL. Since some Russian posters confirmed earlier that it is only a tabloid story, nothing reliable, we'd better not make any fuss over the same topic continuously. I know it's made up. But apparently there were people who were willing to believe it which is :rofl:

Cherub721
08-24-2010, 02:18 PM
But Zhulin isn't alone coaching.
You forget he has Oleg, Albena and Maksin to help day to day training...

Oleg Ovsiannikov?

LLLLutz
08-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Oleg Ovsiannikov?

Oleg Volkov

hanca
08-24-2010, 03:16 PM
What other skaters belong in Zhulin's group?