PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Autumn_girl
08-23-2010, 09:06 AM
New TAT's interview
http://www.sport-express.ru/newspaper/2010-08-23/16_1/
She choreographed new programs for Borodulin, Grigoriev, Sotnikova and a SP for Mao Asada (Mao and her mother asked her). Kustarova (Bobrova/Soloviev's coach) also worked with Mao.

About test skates: TAT really liked the new pair Gerboldt/Enbert, when she first knew that Katarina skates in pairs she was sure it's just a waste of time, but she was wrong. She never saw Katya so happy on the ice before and said what she and her partner showed after only 4 months together is unbelievable.
She also liked V/T and said she didn't see a couple like them for a while, they have it all: difficult elements and transitions and musicality.
TAT also liked new Gachinski's programs and Liza Tuktamysheva's form, she expects that Liza and Adelina Sotnikova will do well at the JGP.
She liked Bobrova/Soloviev. And didn't like Ilinykh/Katsalapov :( She thinks they didn't work hard enough and she didn't see the progress she expected to see from them :(
TAT hopes to go to the USA soon and visit Khokhlova/Andreev. She talked to Marina Zueva and watched some videos of them and she thinks they have all the chances to be a unique ice dance team

angietang
08-23-2010, 09:53 AM
TAT also liked new Gachinski's programs and Liza Tuktamysheva's form, she expects that Liza and Adelina Sotnikova will do well at the JGP.
She liked Bobrova/Soloviev. And didn't like Ilinykh/Katsalapov :( She thinks they didn't work hard enough and she didn't see the progress she expected to see from them :(
TAT hopes to go to the USA soon and visit Khokhlova/Andreev. She talked to Marina Zueva and watched some videos of them and she thinks they have all the chances to be a unique ice dance team

Hopefully Artur will be on the point of flying in the upcoming season, and Liza, such a beautiful girl on ice! Love her!:) Wow, Mrs. TAT didn't like Ilinykh/Katsalapov? Unbelievable!

"A unique ice dance team" ? :rofl:

Thank you very much, Autumn girl, for your great summary of the test skate!

Oh, I almost forget to add that I love Gerboldt/Enbert, too. :)

allezfred
08-23-2010, 11:14 AM
According to http://www.eg.ru/daily/sports/21107/, Yuko cried after she learned that Smirnov is to get married soon, and she is now considering returning to Japan in answer to her parents' home call, but Mrs. Moskvina advised Yuko against making decisions in haste.

I don't know whether the source of this news is reliable, but I feel pity for poor Yuko. :(

That's absolutely ridiculous and a complete fabrication.

angietang
08-23-2010, 11:40 AM
That's absolutely ridiculous and a complete fabrication.

So you know the truth?

let`s talk
08-23-2010, 11:50 AM
I had heard Yuko mention before she needs to live in Japan for 10 years before she can re-apply for citizenship on you renounce it.

My guess is she was talking about the long future prospective, if we assume that she actually said such things.

I can' undersatand why everybody assumed that Yuko lost her Japanese citizenship the day she got the Russian citizenship. In fact under the Nationality law of Japan she has two years. After that she must choose either she is losing her J-citizenship and keeping R-citizenship or she has to give up R-citizenship and in this acse she will be able to keep her J-citizenship. She got the R-citizenship when? In December 2009 or in January 2010? Not sure. In any case she has the time till December 2011. My guess is she currently has both passports: Russian and Japanese. Unless she decided not to wait for granted two years and gave up her J-citizenship earlier than the two years were over after obtaining R-citizenship by her own will.

Eris
08-23-2010, 12:54 PM
I don't know whether the source of this news is reliable
No, it's not reliable)

pani
08-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Wow, Mrs. TAT didn't like Ilinykh/Katsalapov? Unbelievable!

"A unique ice dance team" ? :rofl:

TAT didnt say she didnt like I-K. She said - i dont like, how Zhulins group are working now. They didnt have ice for full-time traning. And she think, they now need more time for work. And she didnt like, that I-K didnt nothing during 1,5 mounthes this summer.
She know, they could be next big thing from Russia, but if they will work on ice only 1 hour or 2, maybe they couldnt take place, wich they must to take in future. Thats all :)

Natasha Miller
08-23-2010, 01:46 PM
So you know the truth?
LOL. The source is beyond unreliable. It's known for publishing unsubstantiated rumors and basically making things up. :hat1:

angietang
08-23-2010, 01:48 PM
maybe they could tske place, wich they music to take in future. Thats all :)

Pani, I didn't get your last line.

What you meant is that I/K did not work hard enough during this summer and Mrs. TAT was not satisfied with their working approach, right?

pani
08-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Pani, I didn't get your last line.

What you meant is that I/K did not work hard enough during this summer and Mrs. TAT was not satisfied with their working approach, right?

Right. I am not shure - she is not satisfied with their working approach or with there coach working approach, because she talk a lot, that a lot off coaches didnt want work hard now and want spend more time for there privite life.

Cherub721
08-23-2010, 02:12 PM
That Yuko story is such a Natalia Mishketunok retread :lol: (allegedly, she was devastated and wanted to quit when she learned Artur and the gymnast had married and were having a baby).

If TT is unhappy with anything about I&K or their coaching/training, I think that's a good thing for I&K. :shuffle: She's lost her taste and good judgment these past few years.

allezfred
08-23-2010, 02:14 PM
So you know the truth?

Yes.

Eislauffan
08-23-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm not so sure about Tarasova's criticsm. It's been for a while that Zhulin's group worked with a schedule like that, one ice time a day, but the time was quite long. For example, when they were still training in the "Centralnyj" ice rink, they had ice from 9 am to 1 pm or 2 pm as far as I remember. Then they were in Megasport (Na Khodynke), and then in Novogorsk. Each time, there were certain restrictions to the schedule that were not Zhulin's fault. His skaters nevertheless worked hard, had a good preparation and did well in competition. Last time I spoke to him, Zhulin hoped to get more ice time and a rink where he could adjust his schedule better to the needs of his skaters. I think it is a little unfair to blame him or to assume that the schedule affected the preparation of his skaters. Maybe Tarasova expected more from Ilinykh/Katsalapov and was a little disappointed with what she saw. Maybe she is already politicking against them because she seems to be in favour of Bobrova/Soloviev now.

Eislauffan
08-23-2010, 02:21 PM
The Russian tabloid story on Smirnov aka Tarzan is funny. The whole Yuko part sounds like nonsense. And I do not believe that he didn't tell his bride about his little son. It is not such a big secret. But at least it is true that his wedding is next Saturday.

Moka-Ananas
08-23-2010, 02:36 PM
I didn't even know Smirnov had a son.
Funny tabloid story...I also highly doubt the reliability of it.