PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Autumn_girl
08-20-2010, 11:28 AM
BTW were Imaikina/Bezmaternikh there?

Yes. All of Moskvina's couples were there (except K/S).
Few words about Gerboldt/Enbert: they look beautiful together and skated very well, did all of their elements

Moka-Ananas
08-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Any reports on Imaikina/Bezmaternikh?

shah
08-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Only that they were the best ;) But no details yet, maybe later

oooh, that's exciting! happy to hear that Gerboldt/Enbert did well, too! :cheer2:

"My image in the free program, in my opinion, is a great contrast to the last season’s Chicago, let alone clownery. No one has ever seen me in such a role (except only for my sister when taking my things without permission). Well, so much for your being on the anxious seat… I am a witch!"

:D. who would have thought I'd wait curiously for Leonova's programmes? :) btw, I can't hide I'm so looking forward to beginning of the season. that summer break is much too long...;).

oleada
08-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Yes. All of Moskvina's couples were there (except K/S).
Few words about Gerboldt/Enbert: they look beautiful together and skated very well, did all of their elements

Good to hear! They are an exceedingly attractive team. :grope:

Autumn_girl
08-20-2010, 05:48 PM
V/T missed some elements, but OK overall, looked stronger than other teams, they just need more time. The music (FS) is Prokofiev.
Bazarova/Larionov and Imaikina/Bezmaternykh did well.
Ilyushechkina/Maisuradze: interesting programs (kept FS), but many mistakes.
Stolbova/Klimov did very well, they are in good shape and look really promising

rfisher
08-20-2010, 05:54 PM
There's been so much discussion about various events I've forgotten. When will we be able to watch V/T? Russian nationals are available online. Anything else?

julieann
08-20-2010, 05:59 PM
V/T missed some elements, but OK overall, looked stronger than other teams, they just need more time. The music (FS) is Prokofiev.

Did K/S even skate? I'm curious if they made their decided to drop out of SC before or after this week.

Ilyushechkina/Maisuradze: I like these two, he isn't built like a typical skater, that makes him interesting.

oleada
08-20-2010, 06:03 PM

Good thing is that they've got time :cheer:

There's been so much discussion about various events I've forgotten. When will we be able to watch V/T? Russian nationals are available online. Anything else?

According to Werner, V/T are planning to debut at the Russia Cup in Perm, which will be held October 19-23. Last year, the Russian fed has live streaming for a number of events, so there could be a stream for that. If not, Russian fans have been pretty good about getting vids to YouTube...let's hope that continues.

Ilyushechkina/Maisuradze: I like these two, he isn't built like a typical skater, that makes him interesting.

Lubov is a beautiful skater, but I feel bad for Nodari, because he never, ever misses a jump. If her issues continue, I wouldn't be opposed to him getting a new partner.

Eislauffan
08-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Did K/S even skate? I'm curious if they made their decided to drop out of SC before or after this week.

No, Kawaguchi/Smirnov didn't skate as he has resumed training only a short while ago. He was injured (I don't know the nature of his injury). Because he apparently was off the ice quite long and they lost a lot of preparation time, they withdrew from Skate Canada.

Kasey
08-20-2010, 07:35 PM
The music (FS) is Prokofiev.

By this, can we assume Romeo and Juliet?

Eislauffan
08-20-2010, 07:41 PM
By this, can we assume Romeo and Juliet?

Very well possible. This is beautiful music, but a little overused. Prokofiev has written other wonderful music, so maybe they're skating to "Cinderella", "Peter and the Wolf" or even "The Love for the three Organes"!

sammyf
08-20-2010, 08:23 PM

Thanks! Any news on the junior pairs?

Cloudy_Gumdrops
08-20-2010, 08:27 PM

You rock Autumn_girl. :respec:

V&T do have plenty of time, and I'm glad they're looking good already.

I hope I&M have a better season than last. I agree with Oleada that if she continues to not land jumps that he should look into another partner.

Are Bazarova's jumps looking stronger? I hope so and I also hope that she's filled out a bit. She was looking overly thin and a bit weak last season. Some muscle tone could only help her. Glad to hear B&L are doing well at this point though. Love them.

angietang
08-21-2010, 03:52 AM
To those who can't wait to see V/T making their debut on the international arena:

http://www.sovsport.ru/video/gallery-item/1919

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/404013

This man, again, opened his big mouth to reveal the whole truth about his split with Maria to the press... LOL

I just can't see any superiority in their elements from the video.

inthemiddle
08-21-2010, 04:11 AM
Thank you angietang for a video link :biggrinbo . They look great together.