PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Moka-Ananas
08-14-2010, 02:26 AM
BTW: What about Dobrin?
I've read somewhere that he retired from competitive skating and will skate in shows in the future...but I've also read that he's still eligible...so what is true now?

pinky166
08-14-2010, 04:39 AM
Anna's injury sounds like it could potentially be serious considering it affects all toe pick jumps. Hope she's ok and can bounce back soon, I love that girl's skating so much!

As for Aagafonova and being so tiny, if she is that small at 14 it likely means she just won't ever be big, my sister has a friend who's 15 and around 4'8" (142 cm) and she's basically done growing, she's not a midget or anything as her proportions are normal, she's just really tiny.

Good to hear Shelepen landed the 3-3. Did she look to have grown up a lot? In that GS article a few weeks back it mentioned something about her having grown 10cm recently, if that's correct information she must be quite tall now, making the 3-3 even more impressive.

letsskate
08-14-2010, 09:23 AM
omg, can't wait to hear about the pairs test skate!! :)

inthemiddle
08-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Me too.

Eislauffan
08-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the information about the Ladies test skate. I'm glad to hear that Polina Shelepen recovered from the probably growth-related pain she suffered from in July.
As tiny as she is, Polina Agafonova could switch to pairs and do 3-3 combos with her partner. :-)

Sergei Dobrin: Viktor Kudriavtsev, head coach of his training group last season, told me that he had gone to perform in shows. However, that doesn't mean that he has lost his eligibility as he apparently didn't take part in unsanctioned events. So he probably could come back if he wants, but I don't know what his current status is.

hanca
08-14-2010, 11:24 AM
As tiny as she is, Polina Agafonova could switch to pairs and do 3-3 combos with her partner. :-)

I don't think this would be such a good idea. In pairs Russia is currently very strong. In ladies they are not as strong. It's true that when these juniors grow up, Russia will probably have strong ladies too (unless they don't all fall victim to puberty, but that's unlikely). If Polina has the chance to break through in ladies, it would be silly to switch to pairs who are currently too good and all of them plan to stay till Sochi.

Kasey
08-14-2010, 03:54 PM
BTW: What about Dobrin?
I've read somewhere that he retired from competitive skating and will skate in shows in the future...but I've also read that he's still eligible...so what is true now?

I saw video of him still landing/training quads; but he has done some shows, and I think has taken on a role in the "Sleeping Beauty" ice ballet show. Maybe it's just taking a year off of competing, since I don't think that would lose his eligibility, but not sure what his future plans may be.

Moka-Ananas
08-14-2010, 05:32 PM
I saw video of him still landing/training quads

where?

tkrm7778
08-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Some translated jump notes from a kind poster at FSO from test skates in St.Petersbourg (unfortunately nobody noted down the jumps at test skates in Moscow):

Ladies

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
SP (Middle Eastern Music, a.k.a Bellydance): nice 2A with hand over head, 3Lz(near step out)+2T, 3Lo. Very nice spins. A bit tired at the end?
LP (kept): 3Lz+3T (with near fall step out), 3Lz, 3F, 3S+2T, a great 3Lo, 3S hand over head, 2A+2A+SEQ both with hand over head. Looked great overall.

Polina Agafonova
SP ("Korobushka" kept): 3Lz+no combo (did it during warm-up though), 3Lo two footed, nice 2A
LP (Kalman "Silva"): stood up on all triples, except 3F and 3Lz

Alena Leonova
Looks like she lost weight. She was the only one, who skated the programms in costumes.
SP ("Circus" Schnittke): 3Lz slight step out, 3F+1T, 1A. OK overall. Interesting choreography.
LP ("Witches of Eastwick"): OK overall, stood on her jumps except 1F and a fall on 3Lo. Again interesting choreo.

Nikol Gosviani (b. 09.1996 = JGP eligible; coached by Urmanov)
SP ("Aranjuez" - kept): 3Lz+2T, 3Lo fall, 2A. 2nd fall while starting a spin. Good overall
LP ("Princess Turandot"): 2A+3T, 3F<, 3Lz+2T+2T, fall during step sequence, 2Lo, 3T, 2S. Interesting programm.

Correction to my previous post: Maria Artemieva didn't do jumps at all she was skating through them, e.g. showed just the choreography. She's reported to have gained weight/grown up. She's also reported being injured.

oleada
08-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Thanks for all the details :) Please post if you have any more!

tkrm7778
08-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Men

Arthur Dmitriev (b. 09.1992, coached by Mishin)

SP: 3A, 3Lz+3T near step out, 3Lo. Lots of expression.
LP: 3А+2Т+2Lo, 3Lz+3Т, 3А, 2Lo step out, 3S, 3Т, 3Lo step out, 2A+2A+SEQ.

Arthur Gachinsky (b. 08.1993, coached by Mishin)

SP ("Money" PF): 3Lz+3Т, 3А, 3Lo. Ready for the season.
LP: all triples almost clean. Doesn't feel/interpret the choreography yet.

Konstantin Menshov (b. 02.1983, coached by Rukavitsin)
according to the recommendation of doctors skated through some of the jumps and/or doubled them on purpose

SP (kept): 3A, fully rotated 4T fall, 2Lo.
LP: a clean 4T, the rest in doubles and with pauses. New programm not quite ready yet.

Ivan Bich (b. 02.1993, coached by Piatova)
SP: 3Lz+3T step out, 2A fall?, 3Lo< . Bad spins. Not concentrated. Not ready for the season.
LP: started ok, but then singled his jumps 1Lo, 1F, a bad 2A. Looked somewhat careless.

Gordey Gorshkov (b. 02.1993, coached by Urmanov)
SP: 3A slightly UR, 3Lz+3T, 3Lo. Good overall.
LP: 3A fall, nothing good afterwards. It looked like he skated with back pain.

Zhan Bush (b. 04.1993, coached by Rukavitsyn)
SP: 3A step out, 3F step out, 3Lo. Made no impression.
LP: 3А< fall, bad 3F+3T, other jumps not great either. Needs lots of work.

Vladislav Tarasenko (b. 03.1997, coached by Mishin)
SP: 3Lz step out, 3Lo, 2A. Weird spins (leg over ear...). Forgot step sequence choreo started over. Good overall for such a young age.
LP: Good overall. Doesn't have a 3A. Doubled his flip.

AKISIN
08-15-2010, 03:17 AM
Some translated jump notes from a kind poster at FSO from test skates in St.Petersbourg (unfortunately nobody noted down the jumps at test skates in Moscow):

Thank you for the reports about Petersbourg based skaters.
What about Lutai? Did he move to Bulgaria for training?

Eislauffan
08-15-2010, 03:30 AM
Thank you so much for the information.
Is Zhan Bush (aka Jan Devinski) now training in St. Petersburg? If so, who is his coach now?

As for Lutai, he moved to Bulgaria because he married former Bulgarian ice dancer Inna Demireva. I heard that he is coaching there. Mishin told me in spring that Lutai wanted to continue training, and I also heard that he considered representing Bulgaria. I think that would be a wise choice in his case, if he intends to continue competing.

Autumn_girl
08-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Is Zhan Bush (aka Jan Devinski) now training in St. Petersburg? If so, who is his coach now?

Yes, he is in St.Petesburg. Not sure about his coach, I guess Urmanov or Rukavitsin

A few words about pairs:
Kawaguti/Smirnov started to skate again only few days ago because of Alexander's injury, but they will go to Moscow for the test skates.
Volosozhar/Trankov also will skate in Moscow. They trained in St. Petersburg recently and looked impressive at practices.
Stolbova/Klimov looked really strong and ready for the season

tkrm7778
08-15-2010, 08:41 AM

He is coached by Evgeni Rukavitsin.