PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Asli
07-05-2010, 03:39 PM
I genuinely can't wait to see some form of video evidence relating to Trankov/Moody and Gerboltd with their new partners. :drama: SOMEBODY, go Spy. :sekret:

Here (http://infox.ru/all_video.phtml) is an interview with Volosozhar, Trankov and coach Nina Mozer, which includes some snippets from V/T's training.

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen captions and go to the page of the videos 97-120. It is at the bottom left. I couldn't find the direct link.

TAHbKA also posted the translation of this interview here. (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2783474&postcount=592)

sykr
07-09-2010, 05:10 PM
I went to see the show of Sogma13 club in Aubagne (near Marseille) on June 27. The theme was the " Russian year in France" so there should be many Russian skaters.But finally, with Mukhortova/Trankov split,there were only Navka/Kostomarov (and A/P, P/B and Candice Didier)...

There should be Ksenia Makarova as well, but it was said she's injured....but I don't know if it's true or if it was discused yet....so if yes, I'm sorry. Anyone have any news about her ?

btv. if anyone is interested, I put my pictures here http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/sykr/Gala%20Aubagne%2027%20juin%202010/

caseyedwards
07-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Bad news about Makarova! Hope its not too bad - I wonder if trying to perfect the Lutz did that?

barbk
07-10-2010, 02:16 AM
B/L have great lifts-they really are impressive. When they said they looked up to Berezhnaya and Sakruilidze I thought of Berezhnaya's positive drug test.

Her failed drug test was from an OTC cold medication -- psuedoephedrine? -- not some intentional doping for performance enhancement. Didn't they even relax the rules so that psuedoepehdrine wasn't a prohibited substance for a number of years after that?

I don't consider that to be nearly the same as the blood doping and steriod usage a la Marion Jones or Floyd Landis, and the incident doesn't make me think less of her.

barbk
07-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Bad news about Makarova! Hope its not too bad - I wonder if trying to perfect the Lutz did that?

What news about Makarova?

caseyedwards
07-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Her failed drug test was from an OTC cold medication -- psuedoephedrine? -- not some intentional doping for performance enhancement. Didn't they even relax the rules so that psuedoepehdrine wasn't a prohibited substance for a number of years after that?

I don't consider that to be nearly the same as the blood doping and steriod usage a la Marion Jones or Floyd Landis, and the incident doesn't make me think less of her.

I don't think less of her. I was glad I wrote positive drug test and not doping because there was never any evidence of doping!

What news about Makarova?

Sykr said people said she was injured-I am not sure.

pinky166
07-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Any news on the young ladies - Shelepen, Ovcharova, Sotnikova, etc? I'm curious to see what music they have picked for the coming season and if they are working on some crazy difficult jump combinations!

Sylvia
07-11-2010, 02:46 PM
New article on Polina Shelepen: http://goldenskate.com/articles/2010/071110.shtml

For the next season, the skater and her coach would have liked to move up to the senior circuit, but she hasn't been assigned to any senior events.

Shepelen would have been guaranteed 1 GP due to her silver medal at the JGP Final, so it's too bad that she and her coach decided to stay junior based on the assumption that the age limits rule would pass at the ISU Congress (it didn't pass). Here's the post on this topic back on May 16 in this thread:

I spoke to Polina Shelepen and her coach Eteri Tutberidze. They would have liked to go senior, but when the new age rules pass the ISU congress, she will be too young for senior and will stick with juniors.

ETA article excerpt re. Shelepen's new programs:

"It is not interesting for me to skate to music that a lot of others have used before," Shelepen explained. For her new short program, she picked a modern version of Swan Lake. "I also really liked Takahashi's Swan Lake (in 2008)," she added. "If Polina shows all the accents of her new short program, I really like it," Tutberidze said. "It is a different style, something surprising. Some people say she can't interpret it, but I don't agree. I think that Polina is a very versatile girl." For the free skating, the skater and coach chose an arrangement of Russian folk music. The short program was choreographed by show skater Igor Liutikov, and Tutberidze herself choreographed the long program.

tkrm7778
08-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Test skates of the Russian team will be held in Novogorsk (near Moscow) very soon. All the skaters are supposed to present their new programms. Reported dates are: 4-5 August – dance teams, 9-14 August - singles. I would assume that pairs are in between (e.g. 6th to 9th of August).
Test skates are always closed events with a lot of secrecy around them. Not much information usually slips out. Finalized JGP assignments decisions will be also taken after those dates.

julieann
08-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Test skates of the Russian team will be held in Novogorsk (near Moscow) very soon. All the skaters are supposed to present their new programms. Reported dates are: 4-5 August dance teams, 9-14 August - singles. I would assume that pairs are in between (e.g. 6th to 9th of August).
Test skates are always closed events with a lot of secrecy around them. Not much information usually slips out. Finalized JGP assignments decisions will be also taken after those dates.

I can't wait to see somthing from the Russians, they have been very quiet it seems. I hope all is going well with everyone.

hanca
08-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Test skates of the Russian team will be held in Novogorsk (near Moscow) very soon. All the skaters are supposed to present their new programms. Reported dates are: 4-5 August dance teams, 9-14 August - singles. I would assume that pairs are in between (e.g. 6th to 9th of August). Test skates are always closed events with a lot of secrecy around them. Not much information usually slips out. Finalized JGP assignments decisions will be also taken after those dates.

Any news from the Novogorsk?

Sylvia
08-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Some belated news about Oleg Vassiliev and his students at the 12th annual Chicago Pair Clinic last month: http://www.usfsa.org/Clubs.asp?id=415

Held July 17-18 at the Oakton Ice Arena in Park Ridge, Ill., this year's clinic drew four adult pair teams, ranging from bronze through masters, and an intermediate team. Oleg Vassiliev, the 1984 Olympic pairs champion from Russia, taught the many facets of pairs skating during an hour of off-ice exercises and two hours on the ice each day. He was assisted by five of his students: Mukhortova and Blanchard, Elena Yarkhunova and Matteo Guarise [who made their competition debut in the Senior SP event at Indy Challenge last week], and Sasha Panfilova, all of whom traveled from their home base in St. Petersburg, Russia, to train in Chicago this summer.

melonmelon
08-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Some belated news about Oleg Vassiliev and his students at the 12th annual Chicago Pair Clinic last month: http://www.usfsa.org/Clubs.asp?id=415

Thanks for the article.
Best wishes for Maria/Jerome.
Maria looks so beautiful.

tkrm7778
08-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Any news from the Novogorsk?

No official news. But it is reported that the ice dance team Rubleva / Shefer were not present during test skates, which would probably mean that they won't compete anymore (not sure about GP spots they got assigned). They were also seen coaching kids, so that might double those suspicions :slinkaway
Also the pairs test skates are not in between as I thought they are reported to be starting the 18th of August. So:

Ice Dance: 4th and 5th of August (already over)
Pause
Single skaters: 9th to 14th of August (including JGP eligible ladies)
Pause
Pairs: 18th to ? of August

Civic
08-05-2010, 06:30 PM
:swoon:
These are lovely. Love me some shirtless male pair skaters.

Do you have pictures of V/T skating?

Alexander Enbert is easy on the eyes; very easy.