PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

vivika1982
06-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Congrats to A.Gorshkov and i hope he will do a good job. :respec:

An TV interview with Andrey Bukin and archive videos of B/B
“Born in USSR”
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJx7koKKr7Y
Part2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgjPOos7OxA
Part3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW9MF8b7WV8
Part4/ “Two on the ice” /
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P_DcJoFn6M
Part5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBKduWRfmCg
Part6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AkciQcmnq4
Part7/ “Andalucía” ♥♥♥/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th8Zl0QUGjU

icedance21
06-17-2010, 08:35 AM
ISU elections for the new technical committees are tomorrow. I guess the ice dance tech committee might be - Alla Shekhovtseva (Russia/Chair), Halina Gordon-Poltorak (Poland), Robert Horen (U.S.A.), and Katalin Alpern (Israel), along with the skaters and coaches representatives (currently Sylwia Nowak-Trebacka of Poland and Krisztina Regoczy of Hungary). Anyways, I'm surprised Alexander Gorshkov decided to essentially retire from officiating when he could be on the technical committee for at least the next 4 years, since he's only 64, and then get referee/tech controller assignments for a year or two beyond that. (The ISU forces really old people, defined as those 70 and over, to retire from officiating) Alla must have :bribe: him to get off the committee. :P

Asli
06-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Since the next olympics will be in Sochi, I don't think that the role of President of the RFSF is an unimportant one for Gorshkov, even if it "only" means being responsible for the olympic team.

Plus the Russian results of the next olympics are bound to be better than this year's results so most probably he'll end up looking good at the end of these four years.

Rafter
06-17-2010, 03:18 PM
If Alla is the IDTC chair, does that mean she can no longer be on judges panels? I guess she can be a referee but no longer a judge?

oubik
06-17-2010, 03:46 PM
ISU elections for the new technical committees are tomorrow. I guess the ice dance tech committee might be - Alla Shekhovtseva (Russia/Chair), Halina Gordon-Poltorak (Poland), Robert Horen (U.S.A.), and Katalin Alpern (Israel), along with the skaters and coaches representatives (currently Sylwia Nowak-Trebacka of Poland and Krisztina Regoczy of Hungary). Anyways, I'm surprised Alexander Gorshkov decided to essentially retire from officiating when he could be on the technical committee for at least the next 4 years, since he's only 64, and then get referee/tech controller assignments for a year or two beyond that. (The ISU forces really old people, defined as those 70 and over, to retire from officiating) Alla must have :bribe: him to get off the committee. :P

I still think Alla cannot go for Chair(wo)man position at the time being as she was not originally entered to it and will be voting for a member position only. So there will be a battle royale between Halina and Robert Horen in which I feel Halina is in little advantage, having a lot of Europeans support (being warmly welcomed as smart woman in the FS business). But we will see.

allezfred
06-17-2010, 04:42 PM
So there will be a battle royale between Halina and Robert Horen in which I feel Halina is in little advantage, having a lot of Europeans support (being warmly welcomed as smart woman in the FS business).

If I recall correctly, she was also the person who proposed to John Kerr that he wear a kilt for the Scottish OD. :lol:

kwanfan1818
06-17-2010, 04:48 PM
If I recall correctly, she was also the person who proposed to John Kerr that he wear a kilt for the Scottish OD. :lol:
That would be Ste. Gordon-Poltorak.

Civic
06-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Mishin has an American passport?

I've read that he has/had a green card but I doubt that he has American citizenship. Don't immigrants have to live in the US for at least 5 years in order to apply for American citizenship? I don't recall his ever living in the US for more than a few months at a time.

DORISPULASKI
06-17-2010, 07:00 PM
That would be Ste. Gordon-Poltorak.

Indeed a :saint: !!!

John Kerr in a kilt :swoon:

Ziggy
06-17-2010, 08:54 PM

Oh I am 100% sure that Gorshkov has been made Russian Fed's president so that Alla could get this spot she always wanted. She's going to be a complete disaster as a chair. :/

Sylwia Nowak-Trebacka has not been a competetive skater for a while. She's currently a coach and a choreographer at the MKS Axel Torun club where she works together with Dorota and Mariusz Siudek. But maybe being a competetive skater at present to be a representative is not a requirement?

I still think Alla cannot go for Chair(wo)man position at the time being as she was not originally entered to it and will be voting for a member position only. So there will be a battle royale between Halina and Robert Horen in which I feel Halina is in little advantage, having a lot of Europeans support (being warmly welcomed as smart woman in the FS business). But we will see.

I hope you are right.

And I really hope that Halina gets the chair. She is an absolutely amazing person and her and Gorshkov have been the only two people who really did any work on the committee.

Civic
06-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Oh I am 100% sure that Gorshkov has been made Russian Fed's president so that Alla could get this spot she always wanted. She's going to be a complete disaster as a chair. :/

Sylwia Nowak-Trebacka has not been a competetive skater for a while. She's currently a coach and a choreographer at the MKS Axel Torun club where she works together with Dorota and Mariusz Siudek. But maybe being a competetive skater at present to be a representative is not a requirement?

Is this the same Sylwia Nowak who competed in ice dance with Sebastian Kolasenski? IIRC their best finish at Worlds was 9th place.

Ziggy
06-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Is this the same Sylwia Nowak who competed in ice dance with Sebastian Kolasenski? IIRC their best finish at Worlds was 9th place.

Yep, it's her. Junior World Champion. Shame they've never got anywhere in the Seniors but lack of high quality coaching in Poland meant they didn't progress any further. :(

Kasey
06-18-2010, 05:47 AM
Apparently Volosozhar/trankov have already been signed to do Art on Ice next year :cheer:

http://www.artonice.ch/index.php?en_athletenmanagement

Pratfall
06-18-2010, 07:54 AM
:( According to the ISU Congress thread Shekhovtseva is running...:wall:

icedance21
06-18-2010, 09:12 AM
If Alla is the IDTC chair, does that mean she can no longer be on judges panels? I guess she can be a referee but no longer a judge?
Actually, I think Alla can still be a judge. I do know that Halina, despite being on the IDTC since 2002, was judge for the pairs SP/FS at the 2010 Europeans, 2008 Four Continents, and 2006 World Jrs. She also judged the Mens FS at the 2007 world jrs. Of course, she is not on the singles/pairs technical committee. I don't believe that she's been a judge on an ice dance panel since being elected to the IDTC, but I don't think there's any rule prohibiting her from doing so, unless if she were to serve as the panel's referee, technical controller, or if she were on the officials assessment commission/technical delegation, etc. That being said, the IDTC is usually quite preoccupied during worlds, so we might not see Alla ever judging worlds again if she is indeed elected today to the IDTC. So then, who would take Alla's dance judging spots (she has taken nearly all of the Russian dance assignments for the Olympics, worlds, Europeans, and GPF)? The heir of the majority of her judging spots would probably be Elena Buriak and/or Elena Fomina.