PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Cherub721
06-10-2010, 02:53 PM
From the Bev Smith article:

One candidate for the president’s job, 2002 Olympic pair champion Anton Sikharulidze, withdrew his name from consideration after finding out about the constitutional change at the last minute. “While my goal was to develop the federation, the new rules do not grant such powers to the president,” he told Russian reporters. “I am a young, energetic, and fairly busy man. I don’t have time to carry around the briefcase for the general director.”

Go Anton :respec:

caseyedwards
06-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Under Piseev Russia won three out of the four disciplines in 2006 but of course in 2010 they won non-are the people who support him thinking of 2006? Are they just being anti-Medvedev and being dictated to? What about the fact that he got the position unanimously? Is the idea that lack of success wasn't his fault but that it was all economic and that Piseev was not responisble for the economic colllapse? Are people just afraid that without Piseev things could have been worse? Lots are justifiably thinking that anybody who presided over the 2010 figure skating horror should be fired from their jobs and replaced immediately but maybe all that talk backfired and the federation just said "we will stick with Piseev-he is not all bad."

Vash01
06-11-2010, 07:19 AM
hey that was 3axel-1/2 loop-3flip, the cool combo :watch:(sequence in CoP:yawn:)

Yes, Plushenko used to do that insanely difficult jump sequence.

Vash01
06-11-2010, 07:22 AM
Kulik did win Olympic Gold but having that kind of layout with quads made his career like insanely short!! So if you are going to do quads and last you better do some frontloading. But this is non-quad backloading era. The quad has been traded for backloading.And it is true that tougher regulations on spins and footwork has also meant jump regression as well.

That's totally absurd. Kulik's short career had nothing to do with the fact that he did a quad in his LP. He had no injuries. He had great jumps. It's just that after winning the OGM he decided to explore the pro field. He could have gone in either direction. He probably lost the motivation to wait for 4 more years to defend his Olympic title and decided to tour and experiment. Nothing wrong with that.

I miss the athleticism in figure skating.

Jaana
06-11-2010, 08:04 AM
That's totally absurd. Kulik's short career had nothing to do with the fact that he did a quad in his LP. He had no injuries. He had great jumps.

Actually Kulik did suffer from a back injury (caused by quad practicing) which prevented him from participating in 1998 Europeans and Worlds. Well, maybe he would not have participated in those Worlds anyway? I believe that back injury has affected him as a pro as well, I donīt remember having seen him to do many triple combinations even early in his pro career.

I have always thought that if Ilia hoped to win the gold in Olympics, Nagano was his only chance. Yagudin and Plushenko were trailing him really strongly. Besides, if one has back problems because of the quad, those problems donīt have the habit of going away..., I would say.

oubik
06-11-2010, 03:04 PM
You're absolutely right, oubik. But now, after Gorshkov election as a president, things have changed. According to ISU rules he has no right to work in any ISU structure being a head of a national FS federation. So those old applications were annulled and new candidates chosen. New candidates are German Panov for ISU Council again (he's been its member for like 25 years) and Alla Shekhovtsova for IDTC chairman(woman?).

The source is Gorshkov's recent interview http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=41040

Yes I know you couldnīt be voted to ISU structure if you are a President, my suprise is the Russians could made the late changes (Panov to Council and Shekhovtseva to Chair(wo)man). I was thinking there is a closing date and it is unfortunately not.

I do not get all these things from Gorshkov side, why he did it? It makes no reason for him to be their (Alla "Pugacheva" and Pissy) puppet on a string?

museksk8r
06-11-2010, 03:57 PM
hey that was 3axel-1/2 loop-3flip, the cool combo :watch:(sequence in CoP:yawn:)

I think I read that the 1/2 loop connecting 2 jumps will be counted like a combination jump pass now under the most recent COP rule changes. This judging system has so many rule revisions, it's nearly impossible to keep up with them all. :wall:

Ziggy
06-12-2010, 09:25 PM
I do not get all these things from Gorshkov side, why he did it? It makes no reason for him to be their (Alla "Pugacheva" and Pissy) puppet on a string?

My :sekret: are wondering about that too.

Gorshkov has been very active and had done a lot of work on the IDTC and they just couldn't see him as being happy with a puppet role.

I think I read that the 1/2 loop connecting 2 jumps will be counted like a combination jump pass now under the most recent COP rule changes. This judging system has so many rule revisions, it's nearly impossible to keep up with them all. :wall:

Half-loop will be called as 1Lo starting next season.

Kasey
06-12-2010, 09:35 PM
so, something like a 3A-1/2 loop-3F that Plushy once did would be considered a three jump combo with a 3-1-3?

Ziggy
06-12-2010, 09:50 PM
so, something like a 3A-1/2 loop-3F that Plushy once did would be considered a three jump combo with a 3-1-3?

Yes, it would be called as:

3A+1Lo+3F+COMBO

Kasey
06-12-2010, 10:21 PM
wow....not sure what to think of that! Thanks Ziggy! :)

Michalle
06-13-2010, 01:13 AM
Maybe Gorshkov sees this as a way to get control of the system from the inside?

Morry Stillwell
06-13-2010, 01:44 AM
Maybe Gorshkov sees this as a way to get control of the system from the inside?

Is it not also possible that Gorshkov wants to give back to his Federation rather than remaining as a cog in the Dance world.? :)

Michalle
06-13-2010, 05:48 AM
Well, I was thinking that Gorshkov WOULD be giving back by trying to mount a coup against Piseev from within... it seems like a public service to me! Or for me, since I want to see a stronger Russian team in the future.

kwanfan1818
06-13-2010, 07:09 AM
Is it not also possible that Gorshkov wants to give back to his Federation rather than remaining as a cog in the Dance world.? :)
From the reports from Russia, since the old duties of the President have been transferred constitutionally to the General Director, it isn't clear what exactly he'd be giving back.

According to Sikharulidze, the President's new duties are to carry the General Director's briefcase.