PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

kwanfan1818
06-07-2010, 05:21 AM
What is the responsibility of the President, though? It sounds like it all was transferred to the Director.

Why would Gorshkov agree, or was he pressured into taking a figurehead position and giving up a powerful position on the Dance Technical Committee to Piseev's wife?

Tak
06-07-2010, 06:22 AM
giving up a powerful position on the Dance Technical Committee to Piseev's wife?

Is it for sure that she will be given that position? Wasnt he the Head of the Tech Committe? And she is just a judge - or is she more than that? Wouldnt somebody actually on the Tech Com now be given the job? Or are all the judges members of the Committee?

oubik
06-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Is it for sure that she will be given that position? Wasnt he the Head of the Tech Committe? And she is just a judge - or is she more than that? Wouldnt somebody actually on the Tech Com now be given the job? Or are all the judges members of the Committee?

I am not sure if it is still possible (but I do not read the whole ISU Constitution and Rules properly if thereīs a possibility of changing the Candidate through the Congress period). As far as I am aware Gorshkov (ann I did hear only positive things about him in the past) was one of the Candidates to ISU Council and also candidate to IDTC as a chair. The other two were Halina Gordon-Poltorak (POL) and Robert Joseph Horen (USA). Alla Shekovtseva was only amongs the IDTC members candidates and by the rules could only be voted if Gorshkov did not survive the Chairmen position (as you canīt have two members of the Committe from one ISU Member, there is a proposal that amongst the Coaches and Skaters should be that way but do not amongst the voted Officials).

So I donīt think Russians can make the change in the candidates line-up now.

MarieM
06-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Maybe Piseev should give Didier some advice how to keep the president seat without being it !

kirkbiggestfan
06-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Maybe Piseev should give Didier some advice how to keep the president seat without being it !

How about calling yourself " special advisor" to your best skaters when the ISU suspends you? ;)

drfj
06-07-2010, 02:08 PM
I am not sure if it is still possible (but I do not read the whole ISU Constitution and Rules properly if thereīs a possibility of changing the Candidate through the Congress period). As far as I am aware Gorshkov (ann I did hear only positive things about him in the past) was one of the Candidates to ISU Council and also candidate to IDTC as a chair. The other two were Halina Gordon-Poltorak (POL) and Robert Joseph Horen (USA). Alla Shekovtseva was only amongs the IDTC members candidates and by the rules could only be voted if Gorshkov did not survive the Chairmen position (as you canīt have two members of the Committe from one ISU Member, there is a proposal that amongst the Coaches and Skaters should be that way but do not amongst the voted Officials).

So I donīt think Russians can make the change in the candidates line-up now.

But if someone is a federation's president,he%she can not be Council memberor Technical Committee member.

Fashionista
06-07-2010, 02:30 PM
As far as I am aware Gorshkov (ann I did hear only positive things about him in the past) was one of the Candidates to ISU Council and also candidate to IDTC as a chair. The other two were Halina Gordon-Poltorak (POL) and Robert Joseph Horen (USA). Alla Shekovtseva was only amongs the IDTC members candidates and by the rules could only be voted if Gorshkov did not survive the Chairmen position (as you canīt have two members of the Committe from one ISU Member, there is a proposal that amongst the Coaches and Skaters should be that way but do not amongst the voted Officials).

You're absolutely right, oubik. But now, after Gorshkov election as a president, things have changed. According to ISU rules he has no right to work in any ISU structure being a head of a national FS federation. So those old applications were annulled and new candidates chosen. New candidates are German Panov for ISU Council again (he's been its member for like 25 years) and Alla Shekhovtsova for IDTC chairman(woman?).

The source is Gorshkov's recent interview http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=41040

Sylvia
06-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Vaitsekhovskaya's feedback on what happened yesterday in Novogorsk. In Russian.
http://www.sport-express.ru/newspaper/2010-06-05/1_4/?view=page
Has this article been translated or summarized yet?

Vaitsekhovskaya on FFKR elections in her blog -- translation by Ptichka (link posted at GS): http://ptichkafs.livejournal.com/50200.html

Morry Stillwell
06-07-2010, 06:19 PM
That was with regards to him being an eville referee, IIRC but it was a long time ago.

However, I can see that others have a much better opinion of him that the people I spoke to and I hope that it's indeed true and that he will represent Russian skating well. :)

Sorry, I did not mean to jump on Ziggy. Since I have had personal contact with many who are mentioned on this blog I tend to see them differently than those who know them only through INTERNET posts.:)

Ziggy
06-08-2010, 03:36 PM
That's fine Morry, as I was just referring to gossip that I have heard a long time ago, I have absolutely no problem with it being questioned or refuted. :)

Fashionista
06-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Has this article been translated or summarized yet?

Finally Ptichka translated this article in her blog http://ptichkafs.livejournal.com/50610.html
Many thanks to her!

Ziggy
06-08-2010, 07:11 PM
I think I must have confused Gorhskov with someone because I asked again and got a very positive opinion as an answer.

Tinami Amori
06-09-2010, 12:54 AM
GORSHKOV

There is Alexey Gorshkov - COACH - of Domnina/Shabalin

There is Alexander Gorshkov - SKATER - former partner of Ludmila Pakhomova (1 Oly gold, 6 World Gold, 6 Euro gold, etc).

Ziggy
06-09-2010, 06:45 AM
GORSHKOV

There is Alexey Gorshkov - COACH - of Domnina/Shabalin

There is Alexander Gorshkov - SKATER - former partner of Ludmila Pakhomova (1 Oly gold, 6 World Gold, 6 Euro gold, etc).

I know that Tinami, it was just a typo. ;)

Sylvia
06-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Globe and Mail article on Piseev by Beverley Smith: Russia's figure skating power play (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/russias-figure-skating-power-play/article1598419/)