PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Jaana
05-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Stanislav Kovalev (Junior Final participant) has switched coaches (from Zhanna Gromova to Viktor Kudriavtsev)

I hope that he will be able to learn that most beautiful jumping style that Kulik got from Viktor K?

Sergei Voronov has been training with Nikolai Morozov since right after Worlds. Morozov is expected to come to Moscow these days. Voronov is already in Moscow. He has two new programs.

Im eagerly looking forward to those new programmes...

Thanks for all the info, Eislauffan!!!

MR-FAN
05-15-2010, 08:09 AM
(apparently stayed at his home also...whatever did Miki think? ;) )

Trouble in paradise? :EVILLE:

casken
05-15-2010, 12:07 PM
They were not at Worlds because Ukraine had only one spot.

Oops. I'm was confusing Ukrainian and Czech dance teams. :slinkaway

pinky166
05-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Anna Ovcharova and Polina Agafonova will compete on the junior grand prix circuit for the upcoming season. I have not heard what Polina Shelepen or Sofya Birukova plan to do but maybe someone knows?

vivika1982
05-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Thank you for the thread and all news Eislauffan.

My "news" is about Ice Show "Ice initiation" which is the newest project of Alexander Zhulin and one of the choreographers that worked with "Ice Age" Igor Orshulyak presenting Alexander Zhulin , Nathalie Pechalat and Fabian Bourzat,Angelica Krilova,Ruslan Goncharov, Irina Lobacheva and her Ice Age celebrity partner Dmitrii Marianov, Petr Tchernishev and Naomi Lang, Igor Lyutikov/participant in Holiday on ice/,Alena Ilinykh and Nikita Kacalapoov and ice acrobats Alexei Polishhuk and Bert Kording .It is from May 25 untill May 30,2010 and is a modern tale about a spy school where Zhulin is a principal.There will be lots of magic and fantasy.According to the announcements is going to be interesting and fun for kids and adults .
http://www.sokolniki.info/icerink/show/playbill/ledpos/
http://www.parter.ru/parter/ru/muzika/show/default/71387/

And a large article-interview with Alexander Zhulin about his personal and professional life :) with lots of on and off ice photos .

http://7dn.ru/article/7days/447835

Eislauffan
05-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Anna Ovcharova and Polina Agafonova will compete on the junior grand prix circuit for the upcoming season. I have not heard what Polina Shelepen or Sofya Birukova plan to do but maybe someone knows?

I'll have an interview scheduled with Polina Shelepen and her coach Eteri Tutberidze tomorrow, and I'll definitely ask about their plans for next season.

As for the article in the newspaper about Zhulin, he makes it public that he is now living with Natalia Mikhailova (former ice dancer, 2006 World Junior silver medalist with Arkadi Sergeev). From the article it sounds like Tatiana Navka is living or did live with Marat Basharov.

ali_dorate
05-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Thank you Eislauffan for starting this great thread.
And thank you for all information.

I'll have an interview scheduled with Polina Shelepen and her coach Eteri Tutberidze tomorrow, and I'll definitely ask about their plans for next season.

This is great! Looking forward to hearing from you soon.:)

Kasey
05-16-2010, 08:51 AM
Didn't know if this was already posted somewhere, but according to THIS article (http://sportcom.ru/portal/2010/04/16/66491.html), Lutai and Demirova are expecting a girl, and he is considering changing to Bulgarian citizenship to continue skating.

Moka-Ananas
05-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Well in that article it's said that Mishin stated nothing is sure yet but that Lutai already has become a father.
But didn't they say at the wedding (sometime in April) that she's due in a few months or so?

Michalle
05-16-2010, 03:09 PM
How old is Natalia Mikhailova? It seems like a bit of an age gap, although I guess that isn't too surprising from Zhulin.

Moka-Ananas
05-16-2010, 03:30 PM
How old is Natalia Mikhailova? It seems like a bit of an age gap, although I guess that isn't too surprising from Zhulin.

She was born in 1986, so she must be 23/24.

barbk
05-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Eislauffen --
I'm really looking forward to your interview. Thanks for the most interesting news.

GarrAarghHrumph
05-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Well, this is Ukraine, but they trained mostly in Russia. Apparently ice dancer Anna Zadarozhniuk has to quit competitive skating due to ongoing back problems. :-(

Oh, no. Will Sergei continue on, or retire as well?

Eislauffan
05-16-2010, 08:07 PM
I spoke to Polina Shelepen and her coach Eteri Tutberidze. They would have liked to go senior, but when the new age rules pass the ISU congress, she will be too young for senior and will stick with juniors.

As for Sergei Verbillo, he wants to continue. He actually is having a try-out with Alla Beknazarova right now! Alla's partner Vladimir Zuev has to retire because of ongoing knee injuries.

ETA: I saw their try-out today. It looked not bad. But they said that nothing has been decided yet.

pinky166
05-16-2010, 09:09 PM
I spoke to Polina Shelepen and her coach Eteri Tutberidze. They would have liked to go senior, but when the new age rules pass the ISU congress, she will be too young for senior and will stick with juniors.

As for Sergei Verbillo, he wants to continue. He actually is having a try-out with Alla Beknazarova right now! Alla's partner Vladimir Zuev has to retire because of ongoing knee injuries.

ETA: I saw their try-out today. It looked not bad. But they said that nothing has been decided yet.

Thanks for the update! So does this mean JGP for Polina? I know even by normal age rules she is not old enough to compete at senior worlds or euros this season, but I think she could do SGP and then junior worlds under current rules. If she does stay junior all the way, that's going to be one loaded/crowded JGP ladies team for Russia!