PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Visaliakid
06-04-2010, 04:39 PM
If this is really true, then why the hell elect a new President? :rolleyes:

SwingDancer
06-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Is this for real, I thought Pissev was done and kaput after Vancouver, he must 'know' somebody to stay in power.

caseyedwards
06-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Not quite a medvedev Putin situation as the Russian PM always had a little power and nothing was seriously taken away from the Presidents job. But they totally made President of the RFSF a figurehead to keep Psieev Pres LOL.

caseyedwards
06-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Yagudin's 2002 Olympic FS program layout:

4T/3T/2Lo
4T
3A
Spin
rest period
3S
3Lz
3Lo
Circ FW
3F
Spin
SL FW
Spin

There were only seven jumping passes in this program; had there been eight, it is unlikely that the extra jump would have been done before the first spin, which signaled the end of the hardest jumps and a rest period to skate around on two feet slowly, and Hamilton noted that the 3S after the rest was originally going to be a solo 3A.

Plushenko 2002 LP

4T/3T/2Lo
4T
3A turnout or sequence? 3T
3A
rest period
3Lz
3A
Spin
Spin
Circ FW
2S
SL FW
Spin

How is six jumps in a row, with one jump in the last half of the program, an interesting layout? How is front-loading more interesting and more difficult than back-loading?

Plushenko's 2006 Layout:

4T+3T+2Lo
3A+2T
3Lo
3A
3Lz
3Lz+2T
Spin
Spin
Circ FW
2F
3S
SL FW
Spin
Spin

Pretty much the same layout, with the additional elements (4 spins and 8 jump passes). Not much difference between 6.0 and CoP.

The writing was on the wall by the end of 6.0. The quad/triple era put the pressure on skaters to front-load as much as possible, although Kulik had a much more interesting layout in 1998, before multiple quads were required:

4T
3A/3T
Spin
3Lo
Spin
3A
3Lz
Spin
3F
SL FW
3S seq 3T
Spin
Spin

Or Boitano in 1998:

3Lz
3A/2T
3F
Spin
3S
Spin (slow section 1)
3F/3T
Circ FW?
Spin (slow section 2)
3A
3Lo
SL FW
2A
Spin

Urmanov had a number of slows sections, too, but he, Boitano, and Kulik actually moved during them, with Urmanov doing one slow section of quad-burning lungy things, as opposed to posing in place like Yagudin and Plushenko.

Generally, skaters will generally do what the system rewards, and ignore what the system doesn't reward, unless they can't do what the system rewards, like a Ruh. While the system gave little credit to spins and accepts 4 revolution spins and front-loaded programs, and posing in place as choreography, that's what skaters did. If the system rewarded drama over ballroom, programs became dramatic and less ballroom-based. When the system valued speed over closed holds and intricate footwork with feet and hips tight, even Delobel/Schoenfelder, bless their hearts, gave them up.

Most of the programs under 6.0 in the quad/triples era were stroke jump stroke jump stroke jump stroke jump perfunctory spin, pose, two-footed skating, etc. I don't see how they looked any different from each other than the programs under CoP.

Kulik did win Olympic Gold but having that kind of layout with quads made his career like insanely short!! So if you are going to do quads and last you better do some frontloading. But this is non-quad backloading era. The quad has been traded for backloading.And it is true that tougher regulations on spins and footwork has also meant jump regression as well.

Kasey
06-04-2010, 05:49 PM
However Piseev was chosen a general manager of RFSF today and according to a new regulations which were also voted in Novogorsk all powers of RFSF president are delegated to RFSF general manager from now on.
Time to celebrate the new old president. Hooray.

What utter B.S.

Finnice
06-04-2010, 06:07 PM
However Piseev was chosen a general manager of RFSF today and according to a new regulations which were also voted in Novogorsk all powers of RFSF president are delegated to RFSF general manager from now on.

:wall::wall::wall:

Ziggy
06-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Aleksandr Gorshkov was chosen a Russian FS Federation president today.

OH MY GOD! :scream:

That's the guy who was on the Ice Dance Technical Committee, right?

I can't believe this... Putin & Medvedev were really pissed off after Vancouver and all indications were that Piseev would have to go. :/

caseyedwards
06-04-2010, 06:53 PM
I am very unclear on what Gorshov's job is

Pratfall
06-04-2010, 07:29 PM
This is just too , too byzantine , darlings !

:rofl::wall::wall::rofl:

Kasey
06-04-2010, 07:54 PM
I am very unclear on what Gorshov's job is

I'm sure he is at this point. He's not a bad-looking figurehead anyway...but if we were just going for the stupid/pretty to fill a slot that they obviously will have no power in, why not just have put Grishuk in there? And supposedly Gorshkov was "unanimously" elected (Sikharulidze withdrew his candidacy)...so it would seem he is well-liked by whoever did the voting. Not that it matters, since it would seem he is just a puppet anyway. :rolleyes:

pani
06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
He will be busy with maine team, with preparation maine team for Sochi. He said, Federation know, who will skaye in Sochi in 2014

equatorial
06-04-2010, 08:16 PM
As much as dislike Piseev, there is no one out there who can replace him. That said, I'm not sure how legal such a drastic amendment to the federation charter is. I suspect there will be questions.

Pratfall
06-04-2010, 08:24 PM
:confused:Guys, I don't know all the ins and outs if the various oraganization's rules . Can Gorshkov retain his ISU job simultaneously ? Is that up for election this year ? If he can't , who is in the running ? ..I'm laughing , but it's a very hollow laugh.:eek:

Autumn_girl
06-04-2010, 08:42 PM
:confused:Guys, I don't know all the ins and outs if the various oraganization's rules . Can Gorshkov retain his ISU job simultaneously ? Is that up for election this year ? If he can't , who is in the running ? ..I'm laughing , but it's a very hollow laugh.:eek:

Not sure if he can. If can't, I'm almost sure Shehovtsova will be in the running

Fashionista
06-04-2010, 08:42 PM
According to Gorshkov interview he's gonna take care of national team as long as Piseev works on developing children and junior sport in Russia.