PDA

View Full Version : From Russia with love - news & updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

loopey
06-03-2010, 10:15 PM
B/S were one of my favorite Pair teams but while i admire Anton as skater i don't think he is the best choice.I wouldn't be so harsh on him and call him arrogant but lets say he has some attitude issues and i doubt that will help his diplomatic skills...Dish. What are his attitude issues? :watch:

Ziggy
06-03-2010, 10:25 PM
He's extremely arrogant, from what I heard.

I think Anton will be a good president, what is his opinon of the new couple Khokolova and Andreev?

Uhmm... let's think. None because he hasn't seen them skate and/or perform yet? None because he's not an obsessed psycho fan?

Fashionista
06-03-2010, 10:40 PM
I don't want to sound condescending, but has any of them obtained a college degree or pursued an education?

They all have sport university degree. AFAIK Anton got the second degree in some serious university a couple of years ago and it's in management I think.

senorita
06-03-2010, 11:13 PM
He's extremely arrogant, from what I heard.

Nothing can top up Pissev.:P

I don't want to sound condescending, but has any of them obtained a college degree or pursued an education? I know you can learn admin functions on the job and that real life skating experience are just as important, but still. I don't think that any of them has been a successful coach either.
People often say that Paul Willie would be a great president because he has the skating and brilliant education experience.

if he is not appopriate for Russian Federation he can be...Lets see...

from Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottavio_Cinquanta)

Cinquanta never attended university, but he was trained as an accountant

Kasey
06-04-2010, 02:37 AM
I don't want to sound condescending, but has any of them obtained a college degree or pursued an education? I know you can learn admin functions on the job and that real life skating experience are just as important, but still. I don't think that any of them has been a successful coach either.

As has already been stated, all of the candidates HAS a university degree, as well as whatever work experiences (including politics, in Anton's case) they have earned. And you know, not every former skater has ambitions to coach, or in Tikhonov's case, has had the time yet, since he's still doing shows.

I think Anton will be a good president, what is his opinon of the new couple Khokolova and Andreev?

Yes, because that is so much more important than his opinion of the two new pairs teams he has, both of whom have a much better chance at international medals than this dance pair, as well as a truckload of other skaters to look at and support. Sorry, just because you think Fedor is the center of the universe doesn't mean whatever new Fed president is going to agree.

kwanfan1818
06-04-2010, 06:26 AM
Yagudin's 2002 Olympic FS program layout:

4T/3T/2Lo
4T
3A
Spin
rest period
3S
3Lz
3Lo
Circ FW
3F
Spin
SL FW
Spin

There were only seven jumping passes in this program; had there been eight, it is unlikely that the extra jump would have been done before the first spin, which signaled the end of the hardest jumps and a rest period to skate around on two feet slowly, and Hamilton noted that the 3S after the rest was originally going to be a solo 3A.

Plushenko 2002 LP

4T/3T/2Lo
4T
3A turnout or sequence? 3T
3A
rest period
3Lz
3A
Spin
Spin
Circ FW
2S
SL FW
Spin

How is six jumps in a row, with one jump in the last half of the program, an interesting layout? How is front-loading more interesting and more difficult than back-loading?

Plushenko's 2006 Layout:

4T+3T+2Lo
3A+2T
3Lo
3A
3Lz
3Lz+2T
Spin
Spin
Circ FW
2F
3S
SL FW
Spin
Spin

Pretty much the same layout, with the additional elements (4 spins and 8 jump passes). Not much difference between 6.0 and CoP.

The writing was on the wall by the end of 6.0. The quad/triple era put the pressure on skaters to front-load as much as possible, although Kulik had a much more interesting layout in 1998, before multiple quads were required:

4T
3A/3T
Spin
3Lo
Spin
3A
3Lz
Spin
3F
SL FW
3S seq 3T
Spin
Spin

Or Boitano in 1998:

3Lz
3A/2T
3F
Spin
3S
Spin (slow section 1)
3F/3T
Circ FW?
Spin (slow section 2)
3A
3Lo
SL FW
2A
Spin

Urmanov had a number of slows sections, too, but he, Boitano, and Kulik actually moved during them, with Urmanov doing one slow section of quad-burning lungy things, as opposed to posing in place like Yagudin and Plushenko.

Generally, skaters will generally do what the system rewards, and ignore what the system doesn't reward, unless they can't do what the system rewards, like a Ruh. While the system gave little credit to spins and accepts 4 revolution spins and front-loaded programs, and posing in place as choreography, that's what skaters did. If the system rewarded drama over ballroom, programs became dramatic and less ballroom-based. When the system valued speed over closed holds and intricate footwork with feet and hips tight, even Delobel/Schoenfelder, bless their hearts, gave them up.

Most of the programs under 6.0 in the quad/triples era were stroke jump stroke jump stroke jump stroke jump perfunctory spin, pose, two-footed skating, etc. I don't see how they looked any different from each other than the programs under CoP.

senorita
06-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Plushenko 2002 LP

3A turnout or sequence? 3T

hey that was 3axel-1/2 loop-3flip, the cool combo :watch:(sequence in CoP:yawn:)

IRIS1975
06-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Aleksandr Gorshkov was chosen a Russian FS Federation president today.

Finnice
06-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Aleksandr Gorshkov was chosen a Russian FS Federation president today.

Thanks, Iris, spasibo!
What do you people who know the Russian skating scene think about this?

IRIS1975
06-04-2010, 02:26 PM
I think Aleksandr Gorshkov is a good choice.

Asli
06-04-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm glad that an ice dancer has been chosen! :)

Plus Gorshkov has loads of experience as Chairman of the Ice Dance Technical Committee. This was an elected post, so he must be good at politics too.

Kasey
06-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Wow, good for Gorshkov. I hadn't even heard his name mentioned among the possible choices in recent weeks.

Fashionista
06-04-2010, 04:05 PM
However Piseev was chosen a general manager of RFSF today and according to a new regulations which were also voted in Novogorsk all powers of RFSF president are delegated to RFSF general manager from now on.
Time to celebrate the new old president. Hooray.

senorita
06-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Gorshkov is a great choice!

However Piseev was chosen a general manager of RFSF today and according to a new regulations which were also voted in Novogorsk all powers of RFSF president are delegated to RFSF general manager from now on.

:wall::wall::wall:

Asli
06-04-2010, 04:34 PM

:eek: Another Putin-Medvedev situation?